TV games and full stadia

Watching the game today as well, I can safely say a 90%  full ground looks great on TV. 

Should SL follow the NFLs lead and only show games that have good crowds.... Or at very least avoid giving Salford and Huddersfield home games on TV? 

Thoughts? 

9 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

I agree with you, it’s a more enjoyable watch for a neutral. 

Dare I say it, it feels more like a premier competition. 

Yes makes us look big time and not a filler event. 

10k in a 12k ground looks better than 12k in a 25k ground. 

37 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Watching the game today as well, I can safely say a 90%  full ground looks great on TV. 

Should SL follow the NFLs lead and only show games that have good crowds.... Or at very least avoid giving Salford and Huddersfield home games on TV? 

Thoughts? 

Haven't Sky pretty much stopped showing games from Hudds? Very few anyway.

Average crowd as a % of stadium capacity was a criteria in the last lot of licensing. Rightly so because some clubs play at grounds which are not fit for their purpose.

People say Sky want modern facilities, which is true on a practical level to a degree. But they'd much rather show games from a busy Cas than games at an empty Hudds.

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

This looks brilliant tonight. I think the HJ when the seats are full is one of the smartest Rugby stadiums in the country, despite it being dismissed as  flat pack ground.

It can be both.

I hope they stop showing games from Hudds and Leeds. Leeds ground looks great and is always full, but I won't watch games ruined by a cow bell and a dreadful band.

People called Romans they go the house

It definitely helps add to the overall presentation of the event, all three matches have looked good on TV from a crowd perspective, with Warrington being the standout.

For the likes of Huddersfield, Salford, etc, SL, Sky need to work on better filling the TV arc. Whether this involves having to move members or give away freebies isn't ideal, but if it helps move the needle on viewership, then it should be seriously considered.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

6 hours ago, M j M said:

Average crowd as a % of stadium capacity was a criteria in the last lot of licensing. Rightly so because some clubs play at grounds which are not fit for their purpose.

People say Sky want modern facilities, which is true on a practical level to a degree. But they'd much rather show games from a busy Cas than games at an empty Hudds.

If Sky were that bothered they would use the same gear they have to use at Cas in Salford and they could rig all their own platforms above the East Stand so the camera angles looked at the more impressive and fuller West Stand.

As they don't the only conclusion is that they would rather use the TV gantries and facilities  in the West Stand ( looking out over a closed stand) than rig the stuff they have to in Cas over a Cess pit!

1 hour ago, Yakstorm said:

It definitely helps add to the overall presentation of the event, all three matches have looked good on TV from a crowd perspective, with Warrington being the standout.

For the likes of Huddersfield, Salford, etc, SL, Sky need to work on better filling the TV arc. Whether this involves having to move members or give away freebies isn't ideal, but if it helps move the needle on viewership, then it should be seriously considered.

Salford ( and Sale Sharks, to a lesser degree)  would do themselves a world of good if they could add TV gantries to the East Stand so the camera position was looking at the larger, more impressive and fuller stand.

12 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Thursday, Friday, Saturday should be reserved for TV. Everyone else plays Sunday. Annoyingly tonight rhinos are playing at the same time as Leeds United

Why? Friday night home games have been successful for several clubs. Saturday home games work for Catalan. Salford and Wakefield play home games on a Sunday, should all clubs be aspiring to that level?

1 hour ago, kiyan said:

Salford ( and Sale Sharks, to a lesser degree)  would do themselves a world of good if they could add TV gantries to the East Stand so the camera position was looking at the larger, more impressive and fuller stand.

It would benefit the image of Super League on the whole, can Robert Elstone not insist on this? 

Archived