19 fit men

Bearman

According to the NWEM we go into the first game of the season with only 19 fit men in the whole squad.

Two injuries and we would not make a travelling 18.

Cause for concern?

Shades of 2018?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

According to the NWEM we go into the first game of the season with only 19 fit men in the whole squad.

Two injuries and we would not make a travelling 18.

Cause for concern?

Shades of 2018?

Trying to think who is missing Toal x 2, Carter, Hulme, Hock and Morrow. That makes 26. With salary cap issues I'm unsure if we could contract more than that although BOD will know more than me. 

Think last year was a freak (hopefully) To be honest I think a lot of injuries were due to players playing well above their weight and level. Hopefully with a bit more strength and quality injuries will be less frequent. 

Either way we have 18 so let's hope we get a win at one of our bogey grounds. 

1 hour ago, RSN said:

Trying to think who is missing Toal x 2, Carter, Hulme, Hock and Morrow. That makes 26. With salary cap issues I'm unsure if we could contract more than that although BOD will know more than me. 

Think last year was a freak (hopefully) To be honest I think a lot of injuries were due to players playing well above their weight and level. Hopefully with a bit more strength and quality injuries will be less frequent. 

Either way we have 18 so let's hope we get a win at one of our bogey grounds. 

Crellin, mossop & Riley too

Id imagine that most of them are little niggles that dont want to be agitated so early in the season. The good thing is we've got a decent size squad and cover in every position, not a bad position to be in. 

Tom Heighton

Massive two points. 

To beat Batley at home is not something that we'd have been expecting or planning for. That should stand us in good stead with the difficult season to come. What a confidence builder for the lads.

The barrow fans were a significant percentage of the crowd and we made ourselves heard.

1 hour ago, NWDuk said:

Massive two points. 

To beat Batley at home is not something that we'd have been expecting or planning for. That should stand us in good stead with the difficult season to come. What a confidence builder for the lads.

The barrow fans were a significant percentage of the crowd and we made ourselves heard.

Significant percentage?????

probably 40 of yer in a crowd of 755

well done you ground out victory there 

23 hours ago, Bat Lad said:

Significant percentage?????

probably 40 of yer in a crowd of 755

well done you ground out victory there 

Ask your bar staff in the bulldogs bar, how many barrow fans they thougt packed in there, I counted 6 Batley fans.

44 minutes ago, Michael Ashton said:

I agree. how on earth do they balance the books with gates like that.

15% up on the same fixture last year.

Bigger queues for food than I've ever seen at craven park. Plenty of money going through the multiple bars too. 

Arguably, the match day experience is better than an afternoon at Barrow

24 minutes ago, NWDuk said:

15% up on the same fixture last year.

Bigger queues for food than I've ever seen at craven park. Plenty of money going through the multiple bars too. 

Arguably, the match day experience is better than an afternoon at Barrow

I had a meat and potato pie, I nearly took it back as I thought they had given me steak pie by mistake with great lumps of tender beef. Then I found some potato which I guess really did make Meat and Potato in that order. 

Then ( greedy pig that I am) I thought I would try the corn beef hash of which I had seen very good reviews on this very forum. I have to say it really was excellent.

Best food I have had in a rugby stadium.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

I had a meat and potato pie, I nearly took it back as I thought they had given me steak pie by mistake with great lumps of tender beef. Then I found some potato which I guess really did make Meat and Potato in that order. 

Then ( greedy pig that I am) I thought I would try the corn beef hash of which I had seen very good reviews on this very forum. I have to say it really was excellent.

Best food I have had in a rugby stadium.

Corn beef hash is one of the best scran I have seen at any away stadium I enjoyed mine too

Archived