Game day?

colinb

Warming up here in Batley and reckon by 3pm it'll be ok

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Long johns, charcoal hand warmer and bovril. Senior years feeling the cold Colin?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Warming up here in Batley and reckon by 3pm it'll be ok

Single malt by open fire directing missus on roast potato perfection?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, 9' oller said:

Long johns, charcoal hand warmer and bovril. Senior years feeling the cold Colin?

Watch it !! Senior years I ask ya. Got me woolly hat ready though.??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

In a pint glass with rams shirt on I Hope?

Council refuse workers sipping champers in red amber and black?

You'll tell me you once went in marks and Spencer next

5 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Good luck lads,with our game been postponed I was going to come up to mount but I’ve changed my mind and I’m going for the warmer option,so it will be feet up in front room watching York and Toronto game with my bottle of lambrini?

Such sophistication would have been wasted at the mount Graham. Watching the dogs suffer a set back might have been marginally better than watching the dross served up at York though. I doubt the televised Championship games experiment will last long.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

Such sophistication would have been wasted at the mount Graham. Watching the dogs suffer a set back might have been marginally better than watching the dross served up at York though. I doubt the televised Championship games experiment will last long.

It isn't an experiment GOR - Toronto are paying for the coverage.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It isn't an experiment GOR - Toronto are paying for the coverage.

Ahhh !  Not a great advert for them given the money they've invested though. Are all their games going to be televised then ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

35 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Are all their games going to be televised then ?

that's the plan yes.... http://www.totalrl.com/breaking-sky-to-broadcast-championship-play-offs-and-toronto-wolfpack-fixtures/

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

56 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Ahhh !  Not a great advert for them given the money they've invested though. Are all their games going to be televised then ?

It will compound and pay off in the end...over here we have a saying. "You gotta have money to make money."

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

You gotta have money to make money.

but where do you get the money from in the first place....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

6 minutes ago, RPH said:

but where do you get the money from in the first place....

That has aleways been the initial problem in most places...but over here it just grows on the trees and you pluck it!....

money tree.jpg

Very disappointed yesterday. 

Thing is, Diskin was right what he said on Radio Leeds and was right to be angry. So many individual errors. Three of their four tries were preventable just by cutting errors out! Another interception, a slip by the only man within ten metres of the ball and a horrendous missed one on one tackle!

We seem to want to score on every tackle. What happened to playing a sensible set immediately after scoring a try? We don't seem to want to build pressure, especially playing downhill.

Barrow had a decent game plan and stuck to it, a superior kicking game and plenty of enthusiasm. Well done to them.

But we should be capable of more. Thought the forwards were ok, especially Manning and Ward. Leak needs more respite in the next game, and Wood was completely wasted by our tactics, especially in the second half.

Talk of dropping Brambani and pairing Yates with Jouffret is nonsense. Jouffret was really poor, even ignoring the interception pass. At least Brambani showed some desire to break the line, and ran at the defence. 

I suppose one plus is I might save on the War Chest this season!

Oooh feel better now that I got that off of my chest!

Barrow gave a habit of upsetting the odds in heavy conditions. But don't be coming to Post Office Road next week with any backlash?If you have the means to see Bradfords second try against us (FEV) doing the rounds then you would have something to Pee you off. Look forward to seeing some of you next week.

Archived