BBC Website

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

You have to congratulate the BBC in hitting a new all time low.

The squads listed in Numerical order, bearing no resemblance of where any player is playing.

Plus lots of Number 0 as well.

HW 

8E0C73FF-136E-41A2-9197-051016B4A288.png

Yes.. I pointed this out in passing on another thread.  It's infantile, presumably the BBC are using an unpaid intern.  Unbelievably crass.

On the flipside, the radio coverage for SL on Sports Extra has been top class all weekend. Four games live and uninterrupted.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Why are so many players yet to have a squad number? Has the start of the season arrived unexpectedly? Again

NCL clubs can get fined if a volunteer makes a mistake, or simply don't  have someone with the skills to submit information etc. I can sympathise with the semi pro clubs as it is very difficult to get volunteers to submit to the time required to keep things up to date. The BBC and other organisations can only work with information  supplied and occasionally this is wrong.

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Is it not the case that they publish what they are given?

That was my first thought.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, chisholm said:

NCL clubs can get fined if a volunteer makes a mistake, or simply don't  have someone with the skills to submit information etc. I can sympathise with the semi pro clubs as it is very difficult to get volunteers to submit to the time required to keep things up to date. The BBC and other organisations can only work with information  supplied and occasionally this is wrong.

Have a standard sheet you send if you can't get an updated one, don't send a $h!t one.

At least send something that makes an assemblance of sense.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 hours ago, Padge said:

Have a standard sheet you send if you can't get an updated one, don't send a $h!t one.

At least send something that makes an assemblance of sense.

Correct but you need a person to take responsibility for this that is my point.

4 hours ago, Havenwarrior said:

You have to congratulate the BBC in hitting a new all time low.

The squads listed in Numerical order, bearing no resemblance of where any player is playing.

Plus lots of Number 0 as well.

HW 

8E0C73FF-136E-41A2-9197-051016B4A288.png

I noticed this on Thursday for the Saints Wigan game when I was looking for the team sheets. It took me a few seconds to realise it was numerically listed rather than positions. 

Whatever the reason (BBC or press association or other) it is frustrating as a team lists should be published in positional order.

To be honest, I actually miss the 17 selected players on game day wearing shirts numbered 1 to 17 but that's just me I guess.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, chisholm said:

Correct but you need a person to take responsibility for this that is my point.

Ultimately it is up to the club chairman/cheif exec, to ensure all that needs doing is done.

If a release needs sending out they should bee cc'd in its release, if they don't see an expected release when expected they should be doing something about it.

If clubs want to behave as amateurs then go and join them. 

53 minutes ago, Padge said:

Ultimately it is up to the club chairman/cheif exec, to ensure all that needs doing is done.

If a release needs sending out they should bee cc'd in its release, if they don't see an expected release when expected they should be doing something about it.

If clubs want to behave as amateurs then go and join them. 

But it's all clubs and fixtures that are being listed wrong.  So it must surely be that the clubs - as they have always done - which published the names in position order.

Players were listed previously properly, like as per last season on the BBC website.  The PA or the BBC are incompetent.

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

But it's all clubs and fixtures that are being listed wrong.  So it must surely be that the clubs - as they have always done - which published the names in position order.

Players were listed previously properly, like as per last season on the BBC website.  The PA or the BBC are incompetent.

If you can show me that all clubs have submitted proper re;eases that are being ignored then I will agree, if you can't than I cannot slag off the message publiciser  for not delivering the correct message.

We are easy to slag off the media for getting things wrong or ignoring us, but if we get the massage wrong or even worse fail to deliver it then we have only our selves to blame.

I will pass judgement when given the evidence.

Just now, Padge said:

If you can show me that all clubs have submitted proper re;eases that are being ignored then I will agree, if you can't than I cannot slag off the message publiciser  for not delivering the correct message.

We are easy to slag off the media for getting things wrong or ignoring us, but if we get the massage wrong or even worse fail to deliver it then we have only our selves to blame.

I will pass judgement when given the evidence.

I may not be making myself clear, or am off on a flight of fancy, but... all the lists were wrong.  So are we to believe that all of a sudden all the clubs have gone ga ga, whereas last season they were all listed properly? 

Is there maybe a new app that is used by BBC or whoever that is entered into by the clubs and it's being reordered by the app or some other thingy.?

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

I may not be making myself clear, or am off on a flight of fancy, but... all the lists were wrong.  So are we to believe that all of a sudden all the clubs have gone ga ga, whereas last season they were all listed properly? 

Is there maybe a new app that is used by BBC or whoever that is entered into by the clubs and it's being reordered by the app or some other thingy.?

If there is a new way to submit info, then it is up to the clubs to be up to speed, they should be reading their messages from new organisations and acting on them.

If it is a total cock-up by the beeb then fair enough, but it strikes me that the cock up is at our end.

Tried checking lower tier other team games on the BBC website?

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

If there is a new way to submit info, then it is up to the clubs to be up to speed, they should be reading their messages from new organisations and acting on them.

If it is a total cock-up by the beeb then fair enough, but it strikes me that the cock up is at our end.

Tried checking lower tier other team games on the BBC website?

ALL the clubs in unison have done domething wrong!?   As far as I can see the Championship teams are listed wrong as well.

All in all we are just like a dog worrying a bone with this so it's being probably a bit obtuse.  But it is crass and unprofessional and frankly it looks to be the BBC.  Some teamsheets attached to the beeb match reports look OK, so some individuals who are reporting the games have something sensibly hands on.

7 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

ALL the clubs in unison have done domething wrong!?   As far as I can see the Championship teams are listed wrong as well.

All in all we are just like a dog worrying a bone with this so it's being probably a bit obtuse.  But it is crass and unprofessional and frankly it looks to be the BBC.  Some teamsheets attached to the beeb match reports look OK, so some individuals who are reporting the games have something sensibly hands on.

If you could explain to me how the system works, then, i may be possible to work out what may have gone wrong.

If you cannot tell me how the system is supposed to work then you are howling at the moon.

12 minutes ago, Padge said:

If you could explain to me how the system works, then, i may be possible to work out what may have gone wrong.

If you cannot tell me how the system is supposed to work then you are howling at the moon.

All I am reading is the gibberish thats on the BBC website. I don't think that is me howling at the moon. 

5 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Yes.. I pointed this out in passing on another thread.  It's infantile, presumably the BBC are using an unpaid intern.  Unbelievably crass.

Howling at the moon.

I think it's safe to rule out that every single club has started to make the same error at the same time like some kind of morphic resonance.

It is either a new process for sharing team information that has been poorly communicated/implemented or an error at the BBC in input.

Do other news sites have the teams listed correctly, that would be a clue.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived