WELCOME TO WORKINGTON TOWN CLAYTON

WTRLFC WEBSITE

So just checking

Fieldhouse or Forrester ?

Mellor or Bulman?

Penky or Newts ?

Tickle or While ?

Moimoi or McGoff?????

If they're all quality it really is a no brainer as Gentlemen Jim says 75/25 % split seems fair balance to me. 

Hows the Pow Beck stadium project coming on? 

The Rec. If there was ever an accurate name for a ground this is it..... 

On 2/4/2019 at 2:01 PM, Brookie said:

Yawn!!!...

Good player if true,I like Hopkins has a player and another good forward for the town pack. We will see tomorrow if he is right about the signing,and if you can GJ please send me a PM of the 4 people you told us is troublemaking and we can sort things out. Thankyou..

What a paranoid person I’m none of the above just a Cumbrian rugby fan living in London. But silly me I forgot if you don’t agree with the brainwashing on here you are a troll.  

3 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

Yet another poster pretending to be  Town fan. The net is closing in on who you guys are. One of you is an exTown coach, one of you is a Vice President at Haven, one of you is a Haven Board member, one of you is an ex player. the route to your info is via whatsapp messages. 

Moderator - you came down on me - are you gonna come down on this troublemaker?

07BC7ADA-6EAF-43EB-BFAF-D85F5A0B0BC0.jpeg

9 hours ago, Big Yin said:

Another traveller signing ex Toronto player Sam Hopkins so no doubts another local will leave when will this club learn moving away from locals is not the answer 

Paul Crarey at Barrow said a couple of years ago the way to go was local players and they were not going down the route of bringing travellers in. They have an academy which no doubt will bear fruition as time goes by and is something that we, as a club, need to look at and invest in. However look at the squad that Barrow have put together this year. Of the 28 squad numbers issued I think there are 14 local players, that’s a 50 50 split. It’s a very good squad and one that hopefully will more than holds its own in the championship. I don’t hear their fans complaining when they signed Josh Johnson last week or when Jordan Walne signed. As I have said before, in an ideal world a squad full of local players would be brilliant, unfortunately we don’t live in that and never have. Whoever we sign, local  or traveller, a true supporter gets behind them. Did we complain about des Drummond, Ged Byrne, Phil Mckenzie. Stuart Cocker, James Pickering, mark Mulligan, Rowland Phillips, Vince Fawcett etc etc. No, we supported them on the field  and enjoyed the good times that followed. 

If the info is correct, and with your track record I wouldn’t be certain, good luck to the lad and hope he goes well. Try offering a bit of support to the club rather than the constant negative comments, you might even enjoy it.

3 hours ago, IanMac said:

Paul Crarey at Barrow said a couple of years ago the way to go was local players and they were not going down the route of bringing travellers in. They have an academy which no doubt will bear fruition as time goes by and is something that we, as a club, need to look at and invest in. However look at the squad that Barrow have put together this year. Of the 28 squad numbers issued I think there are 14 local players, that’s a 50 50 split. It’s a very good squad and one that hopefully will more than holds its own in the championship. I don’t hear their fans complaining when they signed Josh Johnson last week or when Jordan Walne signed. As I have said before, in an ideal world a squad full of local players would be brilliant, unfortunately we don’t live in that and never have. Whoever we sign, local  or traveller, a true supporter gets behind them. Did we complain about des Drummond, Ged Byrne, Phil Mckenzie. Stuart Cocker, James Pickering, mark Mulligan, Rowland Phillips, Vince Fawcett etc etc. No, we supported them on the field  and enjoyed the good times that followed. 

If the info is correct, and with your track record I wouldn’t be certain, good luck to the lad and hope he goes well. Try offering a bit of support to the club rather than the constant negative comments, you might even enjoy it.

Always hard to get the right balance between locals/travellers especially these days with a lot of the areas top amateurs having little interest in signing pro and top class talent  from NZ/Aus just too expensive .

13 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

Yet another poster pretending to be  Town fan. The net is closing in on who you guys are. One of you is an exTown coach, one of you is a Vice President at Haven, one of you is a Haven Board member, one of you is an ex player. the route to your info is via whatsapp messages. 

Moderator - you came down on me - are you gonna come down on this troublemaker?

You're actually disrupting this thread yourself with your amateur troll-catching activities.

Leave the troll-catching to the moderator and site admins.

If you see a post you regard as trolling, just report it as such and don't respond to it at all on here, as that just encourages a troll to do more trolling. Also, put the alleged troll on your 'Ignore' list so you won't have to look at any more of their posts in the meantime.

If everyone did that, any trolls would quickly get bored as no one would be seeing their posts, let alone reacting to them in exactly the way any troll wants.

Posting allegations of 'so-and-so said this to whoever somewhere else' is not evidence of trolling. It is hearsay and it is also disruptive to otherwise decent threads.

If you want to take this up further, send me a Private Message and do not disrupt any further threads with it.

As site admin, I'm locking this one now to draw a line under this and avoid it flying even further off topic than it already has.

If anyone wants to continue to discuss the original point of the thread, please start a new one.

Thanks.

Archived