York Game

NickD

I see Jack Teanby was the stand out for them on Sunday..You watch, he'll have a stormer this Sunday..

Interesting start to season mind.  Some very interesting results, not least from Mount unpleasant..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack, along with a few others had a stormer yesterday. York were on the back foot for most of the game, but defended superbly against full time opposition who are favourites for promotion. At 4 - 0, with 10 minutes to go, there was still hope, but a try from a pass that was so far forward it was almost in next week, put the game to bed. Shame you didn't play yesterday. Really looking forward to visiting next Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Jack, along with a few others had a stormer yesterday. York were on the back foot for most of the game, but defended superbly against full time opposition who are favourites for promotion. At 4 - 0, with 10 minutes to go, there was still hope, but a try from a pass that was so far forward it was almost in next week, put the game to bed. Shame you didn't play yesterday. Really looking forward to visiting next Sunday. 

Yes there were a few stand out performances from your lads,Cockayne,Horne,I liked the look of your 2 hookers,Jubb and Brinning. To be honest I’d have given Jack the outright mom as I thought he was outstanding against much bigger opponents.

See you Sunday.

1 hour ago, EQUALIZER said:

big A from the RAF will give him a run.

Or be shot down in flames!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

This could be interesting from the York perspective- they were heroic in defence against the Wolfpack but given it is us up next can they sustain the same level of performance? I suspect that they will subconsciously relax and that gives us a good chance on Sunday - I’m happier playing them now than if it were the first game of the season- though it is ours of course!

57 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

This could be interesting from the York perspective- they were heroic in defence against the Wolfpack but given it is us up next can they sustain the same level of performance? I suspect that they will subconsciously relax and that gives us a good chance on Sunday - I’m happier playing them now than if it were the first game of the season- though it is ours of course!

The lads put a fantastic shift in yesterday and I’m sure they will be putting in another big shift in next Sunday, The knights have some big players coming back from injuries so the lads what are in the team know they have to be on their game . Fordy will have no slacking!! Jack had a great game yesterday and as done really well in all the friendlys and I’m sure he will be on fire again come Sunday, looking forward to a pint in the Amber ribbon bar and another great game.

Best of luck for the season ,after Sunday ??

1 hour ago, Reverend Ram said:

I think York will be as strong in all their games, as they were last year and I suspect we might struggle. Our defence is nowhere near as strong as York’s was for those long periods. 

It is now up to our players to prove me wrong, but can they?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

56 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

It all depends on who plays!!  If Sykes, S Brown. Knowles, Ryder, Morton and Andrade are in our squad we might just beat them ... if any one of those is missing it will be tight ... if more than one is missing we will lose! ... here's hoping Andrades hand has healed! 

I’ve heard that Andrade is a week away before he’s able to play,I hope I’ve heard wrong. Watched York on Sunday against Toronto and I was impressed.

It’s hard to predict this week with us not seeing what Lee regards as his strongest team. But me being optimistic I’ll go for Rams 18 York 16.

fts Adam Ryder 

att 968

All I ask,and I think I speak for majority of the fans is,we try and play attractive rugby and give 100% and we don’t leave anything on the field.

What I hope to see is a team fully committed and working hard in defence with bags of enthusiasm and team spirit, combined with a bit of flair in attack and some originality in approach. Most likely what  I will see is the first element for at least 60 minutes and, maybe throughout, but little of the second. It is a mantra with most RL coaches that they will first work on defensive structures and systems then begin to work upon the attack as the season progresses. So, strong speedy defence followed by five drives and a kick to the corners.

I didn't see much from York to give cause for concern when they played at our place in the YCup but that was no indicator of form. They have made a few astute signings, are very well coached and have a couple of old heads to lead them around. They should be favourites to win. I predict:

Rams 16 - 25 Wasps

Att: 895

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

What I hope to see is a team fully committed and working hard in defence with bags of enthusiasm and team spirit, combined with a bit of flair in attack and some originality in approach. Most likely what  I will see is the first element for at least 60 minutes and, maybe throughout, but little of the second. It is a mantra with most RL coaches that they will first work on defensive structures and systems then begin to work upon the attack as the season progresses. So, strong speedy defence followed by five drives and a kick to the corners.

I didn't see much from York to give cause for concern when they played at our place in the YCup but that was no indicator of form. They have made a few astute signings, are very well coached and have a couple of old heads to lead them around. They should be favourites to win. I predict:

Rams 16 - 25 Wasps

Att: 895

I'm easily pleased. I just hope for something, ANYTHING, To make me feel that Ned was wrong about our chances of surviving on our current budget. What I DON'T want, is the feeling that we are going to go through the season narrowly beaten, but still beaten, in almost every match. If we are, then I guess our ambitions will have to change to being the best club outside of the championship. Got to remain positive though, maybe we will be the surprise package. :yes:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

North stand(seating)£19.

Con £15

South stand(standing)£16

Con £13

Parking £3

Looking forward to welcoming you all this Sunday.

How much for kids?

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

North stand(seating)£19.

Con £15

South stand(standing)£16

Con £13

Parking £3

Looking forward to welcoming you all this Sunday.

It's worth the extra £3 to have the plush seating in the North stand. You get access to the nice warm Royal Suite, which sells bargain priced San Miguel in addition to the drain cleaner available in the South Stand bar, and quite frankly you mix with a better class of person. In addition, the Michellin starred mobile caterers will supply you with delicious, reasonably priced prime steak hache served in a white bloomer with mature English Cheddar, topped with sauteed caramelised onions, and smothered in their signature sauce. Far superior to the mucky burger served by the van on the SS. It's well worth the extra. Course if you want to mix with the riffraff ....     :rolleyes:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

11 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

It's worth the extra £3 to have the plush seating in the North stand. You get access to the nice warm Royal Suite, which sells bargain priced San Miguel in addition to the drain cleaner available in the South Stand bar, and quite frankly you mix with a better class of person. In addition, the Michellin starred mobile caterers will supply you with delicious, reasonably priced prime steak hache served in a white bloomer with mature English Cheddar, topped with sauteed caramelised onions, and smothered in their signature sauce. Far superior to the mucky burger served by the van on the SS. It's well worth the extra. Course if you want to mix with the riffraff ....     :rolleyes:

Riffraff it is then! ?

Looking forward to a good game and a healthy away following to make for a good atmosphere. I’m hoping the combination of our first outing and the subconscious relaxation of the Knights following their hard game vs the Wolfpack will just give us the edge by 4 points. But in any event let’s hope it is a good contest with a good ref and a solid hot dog for half time (far better than the stuff at Mount Unpleasant even on the south side!)

3 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Riffraff it is then! ?

My cunning plan to con an extra three quid out of the York faithful hasn't worked then. Either way, you'll be more than welcome, particularly if you visit the Royal Suite for the post match craic.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived