York Game

NickD

20 hours ago, SheffieldRam said:

What was the team today as there doesn’t seem to be any listing of it ? 

Try Twitter or League Express.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, NickD said:

Agree entirely on Playing Dan O in the centre but successive coaches seemed obsessed with this strategy.  Perhaps we are just too old?

Also agree about second rowers but to be fair Annakin was outstanding

Have to disagree on the winger.  Also dropped ball at least twice on first or second tackle which put us under pressure. 

Morton at FB is a tragedy..

Not sure we rolled over.  Without that ridiculous penalty decision that gave them their first try I doubt York would have ever got that momentum that allowed them back in..

Not suggesting Brown was good Nick, just that his howler was rather more obvious than some of the stupid penalties which were equally responsible for our loss. Actually, AB looks to have lost some of his attacking prowess since his Batley days - let's hope it returns soon.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Sunday’s game was a game we lost ourselves,can’t blame the referee for our indiscipline,yes he made some strange decisions but for both sides. We gifted them their tries through our indiscipline or making mistakes. Igbinedion should have scored in top corner but he knocked on under no pressure,that would have been game over for me. Couldn’t fault our effort for our first game,just thought our game management was poor in the last 20 minutes.

Hopefully Andrade will be back this week to add a bit more power to the forwards,Ward is back from suspension. Anyway we need to put the York to bed now and move onto Swinton. I’d move Jacob Thomas to fullback and Dale Morton back onto the wing.

3 hours ago, graham fisher said:

. I’d move Jacob Thomas to fullback and Dale Morton back onto the wing.

Wonder if anyone believes Dale is better at FB other than the coach? Does Dale?

Mind.  Does anyone think Dan O is a centre?  

Just looking at the fixtures it looks like the final competitive fixture at Bootham Crescent will be Knights vs Rams. The football season will be done by then so I can see it drawing a lot of interest from neutrals eager to be there for the last game, I can see about 5k+ being there. Already looking forward to the rematch ?

20 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Not suggesting Brown was good Nick, just that his howler was rather more obvious than some of the stupid penalties which were equally responsible for our loss. Actually, AB looks to have lost some of his attacking prowess since his Batley days - let's hope it returns soon.

Suggestion made in the Royal Suite after the match that, whilst Brown made a mess trying to catch the ball, Robson, who scored the try, was offside st the kick. Do the highlights highlight this?!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

5 hours ago, ANDYPK said:

Irrelevant as the try was given 

Your right.Your man was in front of the kicker but it was a pathetic attempt by our player to either catch the ball or knock it over the sideline. Like our coach says the best side won the game,we lost the game due to our discipline and mistakes with and without the ball.Other than the result I enjoyed the game. Anyway let’s move on,we got beaten on the day by a good side.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Your right.Your man was in front of the kicker but it was a pathetic attempt by our player to either catch the ball or knock it over the sideline. Like our coach says the best side won the game,we lost the game due to our discipline and mistakes with and without the ball.Other than the result I enjoyed the game. Anyway let’s move on,we got beaten on the day by a good side.

Sadly we got beaten by a very average side. They won’t finish much higher up than us on the basis of what I saw on Sunday?

14 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Suggestion made in the Royal Suite after the match that, whilst Brown made a mess trying to catch the ball, Robson, who scored the try, was offside st the kick. Do the highlights highlight this?!

Robson was onside when the ball was kicked. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Sadly we got beaten by a very average side. They won’t finish much higher up than us on the basis of what I saw on Sunday?

In all of your posts, you have complained about the ref, (yes, he was ######, but for BOTH sides), and now you say you lost to a very average team. Perhaps if you opened your other eye, you would see you that York, both the team and the fans, never gave up, and after the second try, your team looked out on their feet, and they were struggling with their discipline. I would also add, that was the opinion of the Dewsbury fans stood near me.

5 hours ago, NickD said:

Sorry I can’t agree as I thought York looked a good side,but that’s my opinion.

The things that stood out for me and the reason we lost was,our match fitness and discipline.

2 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

In all of your posts, you have complained about the ref, (yes, he was ######, but for BOTH sides), and now you say you lost to a very average team. Perhaps if you opened your other eye, you would see you that York, both the team and the fans, never gave up, and after the second try, your team looked out on their feet, and they were struggling with their discipline. I would also add, that was the opinion of the Dewsbury fans stood near me.

Both teams are average and both will offer little resistance to the big misters in our league..Just an opinion..

Since we lost (at home) perhaps we are just more average?

23 minutes ago, NickD said:

Both teams are average and both will offer little resistance to the big misters in our league..Just an opinion..

Average will be an improvement !!!   I will settle for average this season as against poor or very poor!!  which we have been for the last 2 seasons imo anyway!

29 minutes ago, NickD said:

While I agree that both teams looked average on Sunday, one of those teams did offer quite "a lot of resistance to the big misters in our league" just seven days earlier.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

How the hell can we say teams are average after one game two in yorks case. Had we played at Rochdale and we would have beaten them ,the extra edge might have carried us over the line .Regarding the refs if both sets of fans complain about him.Then he might be poor but at least hes fair and poor .Nobody can say their team are average after just one game .Lets see how we do against Swinton or Wigan reserves lol next week.

53 minutes ago, NickD said:

We don't expect to beat the big guns, but we want to establish ourselves in the Championship. We don't have the squad, or the budget that others have, but we have a resilience to always give our best over 80 minutes That got us over the line on Sunday. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, and I wish you luck for the rest of the season. We all need a share of that.

Just now, EQUALIZER said:

How the hell can me say teams are average after one game two in yorks case. Had we played at Rochdale and we would have beaten them ,the extra edge might have carried us over the line .Regarding the refs if both sets of fans complain about him.Then he might be poor but at least hes fair and poor .Nobody can say their team are average after just one game .Lets see how we do against Swinton or Wigan reserves lol next week.

Sorry to keep posting,  but a Dewsbury fan told me after the game, he believed you would win your first 3 games and get some momentum. Obviously having your first came postponed didn't help, and now having been narrowly beaten on Sunday, maybe some of the optimism is missing at the minute. If you can beat Swinton, you will all be a lot happier.

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

We don't expect to beat the big guns, but we want to establish ourselves in the Championship. We don't have the squad, or the budget that others have, but we have a resilience to always give our best over 80 minutes That got us over the line on Sunday. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, and I wish you luck for the rest of the season. We all need a share of that.

By my definition that is average - not an insult, just a fact.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived