Biggest Derby in Oldham

clifford

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

Me and my son watched Rangers v Waterhead about three seasons back and Shaw Hall bank road was packed. I guess a local derby with any of the three big Oldham teams would be popular.

Hopefully I can make it. 

Shaw Hall Bank Road a real good crack last season - it's just a big amateur club enjoying their time, with the new clubhouse etc. etc. Shame it doesn't have a Wikipedia page to fame.

1 hour ago, TerracesOfWatersheddings said:

Hopefully I can make it. 

Shaw Hall Bank Road a real good crack last season - it's just a big amateur club enjoying their time, with the new clubhouse etc. etc. Shame it doesn't have a Wikipedia page to fame.

Me and my son do try and get up to Saddie whenever we can. It's always a good atmosphere. I can take a tenner and that gets me in, a pint,a pie and a coffee. Fantastic value. Oh and yes the new clubhouse is lovely, something for the club to be proud of.

14 hours ago, TerracesOfWatersheddings said:

Hopefully I can make it. 

I've just created it, I put easy details to start as the Wiki experienced users then edit it properly and subject the myriad of Wiki rules, regualtions and laws!, but it can now be edited, I can do it if anyone wants to offer suggestions. Obviosuly a lot more that can be added, histoy, year of formation, new clubhouse etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddleworth_Rangers

3 hours ago, SINGE said:

?
Ian has messaged me, so I'll get as much up as I can.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, SINGE said:

I've just created it, I put easy details to start as the Wiki experienced users then edit it properly and subject the myriad of Wiki rules, regualtions and laws!, but it can now be edited, I can do it if anyone wants to offer suggestions. Obviosuly a lot more that can be added, histoy, year of formation, new clubhouse etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddleworth_Rangers

Typical, doesn't take long.
Someone from Wikipedia (who has no connection with rugby whatsoever) has moved it to drafts
"does not have enough sources and citations as written to remain published "

?

7 hours ago, SINGE said:

Typical, doesn't take long.
Someone from Wikipedia (who has no connection with rugby whatsoever) has moved it to drafts
"does not have enough sources and citations as written to remain published "

?

I can kind of half understand this - probably just needs someone to sit down on their PC for a good afternoon, compile a good page with some clear cut references and external links (references being key) .. and it will stay up there eventually. I don't have the time to do this nor would I have a clue what I'm doing!

On 2/7/2019 at 9:12 PM, TerracesOfWatersheddings said:

I can kind of half understand this - probably just needs someone to sit down on their PC for a good afternoon, compile a good page with some clear cut references and external links (references being key) .. and it will stay up there eventually. I don't have the time to do this nor would I have a clue what I'm doing!

The thing is, I have copied or taken the best bits of about 10 other National Confrence League clubs. It's no different to theirs, better in many respects. Hopefully the additonal citations sorts it.

• 2 months later...

Archived