LD Nutrition Stadium | KO : 15:00 

Referee M. Griffiths
Touch Judge 1 M. Craven
Touch Judge 2 C. Smith
Reserve Referee N. Horton
M Com T. Randerson
Time Keeper C. Morris

IMG_0583.JPG

There has to be a rapid response from us; the coach has been telling us how we're better prepared, yet we sneaked home against then  lost to the 2 promoted teams, then came up short against a team who played our pitch better than us.  Then Louis Jouffret in an interview said we needed to get off to a good start so as not to be looking over our shoulder, yet a loss at Fev will leave us doing just that, and we're all well aware at our track record in capitulating at Featherstone. Can't decide whether he needs to shake up the squad or force the same lot to do their apologising in public. Few off them came off with much credit.

4 hours ago, phildog said:

There has to be a rapid response from us; the coach has been telling us how we're better prepared, yet we sneaked home against then  lost to the 2 promoted teams, then came up short against a team who played our pitch better than us.  Then Louis Jouffret in an interview said we needed to get off to a good start so as not to be looking over our shoulder, yet a loss at Fev will leave us doing just that, and we're all well aware at our track record in capitulating at Featherstone. Can't decide whether he needs to shake up the squad or force the same lot to do their apologising in public. Few off them came off with much credit.

I'm not sure whether you are trying to be humorous with the statement about looking over our shoulders if we don't get a result on Sunday, but talk about an over-reaction!

Treat it for what it was, a bad day at the office and move on. The season will not be won or lost based on one bad game. No need for radical changes, just concentration, composure and ensuring we do not make the same basic errors. I hate to say it, but we lacked a Patch Walker/leader, to calm things down and play to the game plan, rather than trying to score off every play, forcing suicidal passes. 

The RFL need to do something about the tactics employed by some teams though, because this feigning of injuries at every verse end whilst defending is absolutely killing the game. I can understand the referee's reluctance to play on when he sees somebody go down, with the "blame culture" we have, but new rules need to be introduced to protect the ref's and ensure there is no advantage for teams employing these tactics. 

If we had sneaked a win, the tactics employed by Barrow spoilt the game for me, regardless.

We lost against Bradford, but I enjoyed the game, because both teams came to play, not to have a lie down everytime they were under pressure. Sunday was just like playing Rochdale all over again.

45 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I'm not sure whether you are trying to be humorous with the statement about looking over our shoulders if we don't get a result on Sunday, but talk about an over-reaction!

Treat it for what it was, a bad day at the office and move on. The season will not be won or lost based on one bad game. No need for radical changes, just concentration, composure and ensuring we do not make the same basic errors. I hate to say it, but we lacked a Patch Walker/leader, to calm things down and play to the game plan, rather than trying to score off every play, forcing suicidal passes. 

The RFL need to do something about the tactics employed by some teams though, because this feigning of injuries at every verse end whilst defending is absolutely killing the game. I can understand the referee's reluctance to play on when he sees somebody go down, with the "blame/suing  culture" we have, but new rules need to be introduced to protect the ref's and ensure there is no advantage for teams employing these tactics. 

If we had sneaked a win, the tactics employed by Barrow spoilt the game for me, regardless.

We lost against Bradford, but I enjoyed the game, because both teams came to play, not to have a lie down everytime they were under pressure. Sunday was just like playing Rochdale all over again.

Totally agree with everything you say dogfather.  Barrow players only went down when we were on attack. Not once did they go down when they were attacking our line. If that's what they are practicing on the training ground it's an awful tactic.it would be interesting to hear from other fans  who might this season see there team  in the Same situation as we were  and experience the same barrow tactics. When Rochdale were at it , it was a big talking point amongst fans at matches how long they were going on for. 

It's a sad state of affairs when the crowd are baying at an injured player and even worse if the player feigned injury to gain an advantage. May be we need to learn from football and send the player to the side line for one play? I appreciate this disadvantages the players/team who are truly injured but something has to be done about this, and Batley do it too btw. This is a tough physical sport but the level of gamesmanship is steadily increasing in our game to it's detriment

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

It's a sad state of affairs when the crowd are baying at an injured player and even worse if the player feigned injury to gain an advantage. May be we need to learn from football and send the player to the side line for one play? I appreciate this disadvantages the players/team who are truly injured but something has to be done about this, and Batley do it too btw. This is a tough physical sport but the level of gamesmanship is steadily increasing in our game to it's detriment

I'd go further - if the player has an injury of any kind, they should be substituted after treatment. Running down the interchange count might concentrate a few minds. Again, it might punish those teams who play the game in a sportsmanlike fashion, but at least we'd all be in the same boat.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

From memory fev didn't rely on feigning injury to control game but were keen to milk stuff. Plenty of scarecrow impressions at ptb.

Nothing to fear except playing away from home. Rovers no longer big time charlies. We have the personnel to not just compete but win this year

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

The words 'looking over our shoulder' were those of Louis, not mine. I only used them in context. However, a win v Barrow even by a narrow margin would have put us 5th, instead we're 10th, a loss thus week would still see as at best 10th, and chasing down 4 league points. As we keep saying, this is a tight league this time, points are going to be hard to come by, giving games away is going to bite.

7 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

FFS don't try and sneak a mucky fat sandwich and a bottle of pop in, they'll chuck you in the Fev equivalent of Guantanamo bay, which is basically a terraced house overlooking the ground....    where they make you watch training sessions on a loop until you go mad and become a lifelong capper!!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

21 hours ago, Dog forever said:

.it would be interesting to hear from other fans  who might this season see there team  in the Same situation as we were  and experience the same barrow tactics.

I wasn't a fan of it either. However, I haven't seen it previously from Barrow. Not in preseason or last year under Paul Crarey's coaching. It doesn't seem like a tactic that would be practiced on the training ground. 

Erm. I'll show my 8yr old lad it in morning

He will chuckle into his cornflakes 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Anyone from Fev know the procedure for Juniors with Batley season tickets to get in to the ground, I notice that it is £5 for juniors online. According to our club juniors with season tickets get in to home and away matches free but what is the procedure at Fev?.

Do not bother looking on line to buy a ticket if you are just purchasing one as you get a discount of £2 but pay £1.50 postage.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

On 2/5/2019 at 10:31 PM, Dog forever said:

Totally agree with everything you say dogfather.  Barrow players only went down when we were on attack. Not once did they go down when they were attacking our line. If that's what they are practicing on the training ground it's an awful tactic.it would be interesting to hear from other fans  who might this season see there team  in the Same situation as we were  and experience the same barrow tactics. When Rochdale were at it , it was a big talking point amongst fans at matches how long they were going on for. 

Isn’t playing all your home games on a sloping pitch an unfair advantage ?

Definetley especially when we refuse to change ends after half time. 

Please tell me your still plodding through gcses tec. You can't be a mister?

27 minutes ago, tec said:

Isn’t playing all your home games on a sloping pitch an unfair advantage ?

Not really, both sides have to play both ways so where's the unfair advantage. Fevs pitch is on a slope. The whole league is full of unfair advantages though Tec when you have got part time teams having to play against full time professionals every week. I would class that as unfair.

2 minutes ago, tec said:

Visiting teams play 1 league game a season on a pitch thats unique  .Of course that’s not an advantage .

The only advantage we have is home advantage, same as every club has every time they are at home.  Really dont know what your trying to say.

1 hour ago, tec said:

Visiting teams play 1 league game a season on a pitch thats unique  .Of course that’s not an advantage .

plenty of players rather get back in the line while going uphill.its a lot harder getting back when running backwards playing downhill, same for both sides and some teams who come love our pitch and beat us at our own game just like barrow did sunday.

Archived