Featherstone v Batley match thread

Batley Bob

2 hours ago, tec said:

Isn’t playing all your home games on a sloping pitch an unfair advantage ?

your lot managed to win on it.... what were your special tactics ?.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, tec said:

Visiting teams play 1 league game a season on a pitch thats unique  .Of course that’s not an advantage .

Actually, they play all of their games on a pitch that's unique. Different sizes, shapes, lengths of grass, imitation grass, varying 10m markings, etc etc. It is an advantage, it's called home advantage. 

1 hour ago, tec said:

What does gcses mean ?

Getting corduroy sat excited

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

You ask a reasonable question.  If it really troubles you Tec then you need to work out whether our ratio of home wins over away wins taken over say a twenty year period is better or worse than the Championship average.  Otherwise it's just conjecture.  Maybe just accept that a lot of supporters like Rugby League to have a bit of character and history?  

1 hour ago, Bi11 said:

You ask a reasonable question.  If it really troubles you Tec then you need to work out whether our ratio of home wins over away wins taken over say a twenty year period is better or worse than the Championship average.  Otherwise it's just conjecture.  Maybe just accept that a lot of supporters like Rugby League to have a bit of character and history?  

Not troubled at all but in my opinion the slope gives you an adavantage .I don’t have a problem with it in fact I was impressed with the stadium .Was it council funded ?

11 minutes ago, tec said:

but in my opinion the slope gives you an adavantage 

do you mean it gives us a advantage for 40 minutes ?

or that we have had a advantage for 138 years ....since we could not find anywhere flat for a pitch ?....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

25 minutes ago, tec said:

Not troubled at all but in my opinion the slope gives you an adavantage .I don’t have a problem with it in fact I was impressed with the stadium .Was it council funded ?

Enlighten me as to what way the slope gives us an advantage. If you come up with a reasonable answer I am going to ask whom it concerned we aren't winning more matches. 

30 minutes ago, tec said:

Not Council funded. All owned, developed and improved by the club and supporters. 

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Not Council funded. All owned, developed and improved by the club and supporters. 

No grants involved at all then? Even the fancy new turnstiles?

There must be some very rich folk watching Batley. ?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

The question related to council funding. To my knowledge, the local council have not been forthcoming lately with offers of funding. 

You Dewsbury speccies really do seem to have some kind of fixation with our turnstiles. I know life is dull over on the dark side, but you need to move on. 

On 2/6/2019 at 9:49 PM, ernieone said:

Anyone from Fev know the procedure for Juniors with Batley season tickets to get in to the ground, I notice that it is £5 for juniors online. According to our club juniors with season tickets get in to home and away matches free but what is the procedure at Fev?.

Do not bother looking on line to buy a ticket if you are just purchasing one as you get a discount of £2 but pay £1.50 postage.

Got my tickets today through the post today, pretty good delivery service, 

Perhaps Fev should be looking at supporters being able to print tickets off to save on postage, Batley charge 40p for supporters to print there own tickets off and of course your tickets are available straight away.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Same turnstiles just a chappie/chapess with a mobile phone zapper. 

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

BTW. fev squad looks to have plenty of quality with an  handfull a rhinos thrown in too. i always thought DR was for bringing younger/had a knock players up to speed ready for dropping back in to their team. singleton seemed to have a blinder last week,puts me off game to be honest.. i know we aint done the DR for a couple a years but by same token we dont seem a made a statement saying its binned for us for 2019,if we have binned it we should a shouted it from the rooftops by now.

1 hour ago, ernieone said:

Got my tickets today through the post today, pretty good delivery service, 

Perhaps Fev should be looking at supporters being able to print tickets off to save on postage, Batley charge 40p for supporters to print there own tickets off and of course your tickets are available straight away.

Think it's 20p Ernie.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

2 hours ago, ernieone said:

Same turnstiles just a chappie/chapess with a mobile phone zapper. 

??

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Can't see us winning this . I thought the idea of d/r  was to help out when teams were struggling due to injury. Its just a farce and the more seasons it goes on the less interest I have in the game. Its no joy going to watch your club play to see a load of super league players run out for the other team. Never liked it when we were in d/r either.

11 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Can't see us winning this . I thought the idea of d/r  was to help out when teams were struggling due to injury. Its just a farce and the more seasons it goes on the less interest I have in the game. Its no joy going to watch your club play to see a load of super league players run out for the other team. Never liked it when we were in d/r either.

You think DR is bad,spare a thought for the players that will be getting dropped to accommodate these Rhinos players.

Archived