Featherstone v Batley match thread

Batley Bob

10 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Seriously I don’t mind Batley and the way forward for you is to get rid of your Coach and get someone in like Peter Roe or John Sharp who will get rid of most of your ###T players and bring in some decent loan signings that will make you hard to beat.

Still waiting !!!!!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

C' mon you havnt replied to my post. By the way how many fev players were in the squad when you won the shield.

I have no idea. A combination of managing care for a terminally ill family member, grandad duties and throwing my teddy right over the cot side, meant i didn't see a game after the end of june.

The way both clubs treated that competition meant i didnt have any part of it. A pantomime is how i referred to it!

The difficult argument is that campbell got rid of a lot of high earners and will say that he won the competition with what he had.... and saved a mint. A point i find hard to argue with.

There are no rules in the RFL to say a team of 17 must be named.

12 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Still waiting.

I can’t honestly remember to fulfill your boring ego. Maybe 14 or 15 but it didn’t matter anyway as we ar soled them whilst not breaking( like Robin said) RFL rules. Are you a Trainspotter?

18 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

I can’t honestly remember to fulfill your boring ego. Maybe 14 or 15 but it didn’t matter anyway as we ar soled them whilst not breaking( like Robin said) RFL rules. Are you a Trainspotter?

9 that's how many players you had.  So really the team who beat Leigh weren't really Featherstone because you can't field a term of 9 players. As to you suggesting other coaches to take us forward and recruiting loan signings to win us more games hence more attendance and improved income. What the hell happened to your lot last season. Let me remind you leeds pulled back on d/r because of injuries to their squad, also you had to release high earners and loan signings because the money dried up. Not my way of running a club. Batley might not be the greatest rl team but come season end all our bills are paid and we owe nobody nowt. I run a successful business and have done for 32 years. If i ever want a financial advisor do Not apply.

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

C' mon you havnt replied to my post. By the way how many fev players were in the squad when you won the shield.

there was thirteen in the squad with three leeds acadamy lads while nine were sat in the stand with season ending injuries one who never played a game all season and in game lost another who is still out looking at another six months before he's back

Seen some fantastic games between our clubs. Fev is one of my fave away games and recall Rugby League Raw recording up in bar at your place when that Aussie half back played his last game for us. Other memorable moments at POR: 2009 Survival Sunday where the Paul Mennell show meant we survived the drop (bitter pill there seeing as though Fev once poached Danny Maun and Bryn Powell from us and they got relegated that season. We've never been relegated!). George Flanagan drop goal in playoff semis 2013. One to forget that Ainy brainfart but credit to Will Sharp, who you lost. 

Not to forget your trip to our place when we made top four and served you the wooden spoon. You might have got the brass from a home tie with Leeds (and squandered it) and secured D/R with them. But you never earnt the respect that was shown to our lads from a packed out Headingley. 

26 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Which rules were they in relation to fev?

If we informed the rfl that today we cant raise a squad to fulfill our match with Featherstone what do you think would happen. Do you think they would say" dont worry about it just play them when you have enough players".

4 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

If we informed the rfl that today we cant raise a squad to fulfill our match with Featherstone what do you think would happen. Do you think they would say" dont worry about it just play them when you have enough players".

But Fev raised a team.....

If batley chose not to name a bench today, there is nothing in the RFL laws that says you have to.

You can name a bench of up to 4 and make 8 interchanges. You dont have to.

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

But Fev raised a team.....

If batley chose not to name a bench today, there is nothing in the RFL laws that says you have to.

You can name a bench of up to 4 and make 8 interchanges. You dont have to.

Don't think you understood my post Rob. It says not being able to raise a team of enough players to play a competitive match.

2 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Don't think you understood my post Rob. It says not being able to raise a team of enough players to play a competitive match.

Im stilll not with you? We competed and won.... with a full team... no bench like.... but likei said in my previous post.... within the rfl laws

3 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

2 points. Attendances will increase watching a winning Team as will increased revenue. 2 points at the end of the day.Onwards and upwards.

So with that statement your saying featherstone fans are glory hunting fair weather supporters.. 

Well I would never jump to such a conclusion... 

Fair play for the confession :)

Not long since I really appreciated featherstone but that was mainly because they were a team that was lucky to have one of the best coaches in the game but he moved (was pushed) to a much bigger club Castleford, were he has continued his success rate but in the top division, something he could not have achieved at a small town club like featherstone.

Now as far as I am concerned I would not attend a match there apart from when Batley are there, i attended quite a number of times when it did not clash with Batley but in my eyes featherstone as a club have sold their soul and no matter what the club/supporters think they will be in the same league as Batley in 2020

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

4 hours ago, ernieone said:

Not long since I really appreciated featherstone but that was mainly because they were a team that was lucky to have one of the best coaches in the game but he moved (was pushed) to a much bigger club Castleford, were he has continued his success rate but in the top division, something he could not have achieved at a small town club like featherstone.

Now as far as I am concerned I would not attend a match there apart from when Batley are there, i attended quite a number of times when it did not clash with Batley but in my eyes featherstone as a club have sold their sole and no matter what the club/supporters think they will be in the same league as Batley in 2020

Its sold your SOUL not SOLE. Red pen ring by the Teacher ?

Look we got beat good and proper, if Fev want to go that way good luck to them, there's nothing in the rules saying they can't

We need to dust ourselves down, move forward together and stop the negativity.

Up the Doggies.

Archived