Featherstone v Batley match thread

Batley Bob

Disappointing afternoon. 

Fev looked good - credit where it's due -  and if this keep that 17 for the rest of the season won't be far off the top 4. Cam Smith a real handful and the hooker both too good for this level. Day got the try that we also knew was going to happen too. 

We did make it easy for them though with some soft defence especially on the two half backs. 

For us Campbell tried his best, Brierley did OK after coming on and Dickinson/Ward the pick of the props. We haven't overcome our inability to break teams down yet that was there all pre-season. With Manning, Downs, Everett, Gledhill all starting there's a lot of steady players who take the ball in without offering much else. We really lack a Cropper/Rowe who break through tackles early on. 

Onto Fax where a similar result looks likely (based on current form). 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your input in to my spelling mistake blue pike which I have now hopefully corrected to your satisfaction. The post is the summing up the thoughts of quite a number of rugby supporters including some Fev fans I know but like teams before enjoy the ride and see you next season.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

The bitchness is boring

we got outplayed by a good side but our attitude seems to be we’ll do fine for 40 minutes and blame the full timers I doubt JK or KH would of blamed them in the past... they would of blasted the players from last week and wouldn’t of seen a 30 odd point defeat... it’s time we get some pride back in our performances against the big spenders in the league 2 wins against the top 4 in the last three seasons is awful.. we were always a side full of grafters and a place where folk didn’t like come but not anymore at the moment... 

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

Its sold your SOUL not SOLE. Red pen ring by the Teacher ?

I really don’t think you’re in any position to correct anyone’s spelling. And are you aware that you come across as rather immature? Your we-beat-you-so-ner-ner posts are becoming a bit boring now. 

As  a FEV fan I think you are being harsh on your players until we scored late on in the first half there was nowt in it remember 

FEV 6 BATLEY 8 

n the second half our star studded pack finally  clicked into gear  and dominated the game so your half backs were on the back foot and couldn't create anything but I thought your lads gave 100% and never gave up they could have looked at the scoreboard  and thought hurry up blow the feckin hooter but they didn't proof try in the last minute

I know you lost first two but if you continue to  play like you did fin the fiirst half I'm sure Batley fans will have plenty of days in the sun

8 hours ago, Johndeere said:

Soooo Fev 

How far do you think this DR arrangement will take you this year 

Honest answers  please !

Genuinely, i think this years tie up is stronger and more formalised than last year, so the benefits are more determinable. Having Singy Mullaly etc available to us significantly plugs the gaps whilst Bussy Wheeldon et al are unavailable are players we could only dream of squeezing in to a fev shirt

Do I like it? No i don't. But I'm a realist and i realise why its used.

Back in 2010 Daryl Powell suggested it devalues the integrity of the competition. Of course, since he moved to SL his tuned changed.

Back then, (IIRC) Rovers suggested a memorandum from the championship clubs suggesting all clubs opt out of the Dual reg syystem. I think only rovers and Sheffield supported that. All other clubs were happy to proceed with the system. Some fans of those clubs are now pizzed off cos rovers have a decent deal.... 

7 hours ago, ernieone said:

no matter what the club/supporters think they will be in the same league as Batley in 2020

what a load of rubbish no one at FEV thinks were getting into super league but  know it's another four points off Batley 2020

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Genuinely, i think this years tie up is stronger and more formalised than last year, so the benefits are more determinable. Having Singy Mullaly etc available to us significantly plugs the gaps whilst Bussy Wheeldon et al are unavailable are players we could only dream of squeezing in to a fev shirt

Back in 2010 Daryl Powell suggested it devalues the integrity of the competition. Of course, since he moved to SL his tuned changed.

Back then, (IIRC) Rovers suggested a memorandum from the championship clubs suggesting all clubs opt out of the Dual reg syystem. I think only rovers and Sheffield supported that. All other clubs were happy to proceed with the system. Some fans of those clubs are now pizzed off cos rovers have a decent deal.... 

Barrow and 'fax were also signatories to the statement rejecting DR.

5 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

I really don’t think you’re in any position to correct anyone’s spelling. And are you aware that you come across as rather immature? Your we-beat-you-so-ner-ner posts are becoming a bit boring now. 

You want to read some of the posts he puts on the Fev site, his latest one about whether his dog is a Cas fan is a corker!

5 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm sorry Rob but while clubs continue to use it,but will always be available. I know you say you don't agree with it , so don't the majority of supporters.  That's why I have said in precious posts if the decision weather to use dual reg was to be a supporters vote I'm sure it would be abolished. Teams talk about having  a reserve team but still insist on using d/r and loan signings. So what's the point of having a reserve team.

27 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

I'm sorry Rob but while clubs continue to use it,but will always be available. I know you say you don't agree with it , so don't the majority of supporters.  That's why I have said in precious posts if the decision weather to use dual reg was to be a supporters vote I'm sure it would be abolished. Teams talk about having  a reserve team but still insist on using d/r and loan signings. So what's the point of having a reserve team.

The reserves have to be good enough though to justify playing them. Realistically Fev are 6 or 7 players short of having a team capable of finishing in the top 5 so their options are either chuck in some players they know aren't good enough and likely finish anywhere from 7th downwards, or bring in a load of loan/Dr's who are bordering on SL standard. Although most of their fans may not agree with DR and the diluting the value of the Fev club, its pretty easy to see which route most of them would choose to go down.

40 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

The reserves have to be good enough though to justify playing them. Realistically Fev are 6 or 7 players short of having a team capable of finishing in the top 5 so their options are either chuck in some players they know aren't good enough and likely finish anywhere from 7th downwards, or bring in a load of loan/Dr's who are bordering on SL standard. Although most of their fans may not agree with DR and the diluting the value of the Fev club, its pretty easy to see which route most of them would choose to go down.

Good post . Other Teams seem to do ok like fax who I don't think have d/r and still manage to compete every season with teams ( on paper ) that they probably shouldn't be beating.

51 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

. Realistically Fev are 6 or 7 players short of having a team capable of finishing in the top 5 

come on then BO tell me which six or seven positions we need to improve to make the top five

10 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Good post . Other Teams seem to do ok like fax who I don't think have d/r and still manage to compete every season with teams ( on paper ) that they probably shouldn't be beating.

Oh, but despite all the song and dance they make about their reserves they still go down the DR route! Cas again this year and Salford previously.

59 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Oh, but despite all the song and dance they make about their reserves they still go down the DR route! Cas again this year and Salford previously.

Yeah we have DR again this year with Cas and I expect to use it for the very same reasons I highlighted above for Fev but on a smaller scale. Obviously Mitch Clark was named last week and as it turned out he got pulled by Cas and another young lad had to step up from our reserves. He did enough to be picked once again this week. Fev are not at that stage where they can rely on their reserves yet and it will be a number of years before its likely that they can but credit to them for actually doing the right thing and making an attempt in that respect.

21 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

2 points. Attendances will increase watching a winning Team as will increased revenue. 2 points at the end of the day.Onwards and upwards.

Hmmm, so the end justifies the means. Where does that kind of reasoning sit with the rationale of a community club?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

54 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah we have DR again this year with Cas and I expect to use it for the very same reasons I highlighted above for Fev but on a smaller scale. Obviously Mitch Clark was named last week and as it turned out he got pulled by Cas and another young lad had to step up from our reserves. He did enough to be picked once again this week. Fev are not at that stage where they can rely on their reserves yet and it will be a number of years before its likely that they can but credit to them for actually doing the right thing and making an attempt in that respect.

After the latest DR debacle, Mitch Clark, if Fax choose to continue with it they deserve everything that comes their way. #ditchthemitch!

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

If Fev are 6 or 7 short of a squad for top 5,then God help Batley.

Archived