Super League Show on BBC

5 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The last Forty20 podcast suggested rumours that SL were unhappy with the BBC show as its terrestrial output

Got to say I agree and I hope they change it. I've said it before but the Channel 5 RU show is an excellent format. Two presenters host from a different ground each week. I like Tanya but we need two new presenters. Preferably at least one not with a northern or Aussie/NZ accent (not Claire Balding) 

Also. A super league produced magazine show is happening this year. Not highlights or game build up but a personality led programme. They suggested it would be for SKY but paid for by SL clubs

Lets hope they both happen

Agree , the banter between Durden Smith and Flatman is always entertaining.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Might well be Perry presenting the new magazine show as he’s already hosted ‘Out of Your League’, an official SL production (and very good in my view).

Its excellent and a good continuation of the 'Whippets and flatcaps' broadcast I enjoyed. 

He is what the game needs for me... A witty frontman, non- heartlander and has built a real love for TGG

10 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I completely agree regarding the BBC show. It’s on at about twenty past midnight in London. It needs a better time slot. 

As for the magazine show, I hope it’s not a funded version of that Rugby AM, that’s horrific and Wayne Godwin is not funny. Jenna Brooks needs to be the face of it, for me, she comes across very well, is knowledgable on the sport, young and without wanting to sound non-PC is a woman, rather than the show being a bunch of old, northern men. 

The Super League Show really needs a revamp and IMO should look at the BBCs NFL Show. That has a more laid back style and breaks down key plays from the weekend and why they did or did not work. The Super League show could do a lot more than what it does.

54 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

The Super League Show really needs a revamp and IMO should look at the BBCs NFL Show. That has a more laid back style and breaks down key plays from the weekend and why they did or did not work. The Super League show could do a lot more than what it does.

With a bit of luck the new SL show will shame the Beeb into pulling out its finger and produce a show that doesn’t come across as being made for 50p with a format as old as Ray French. 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Rover said:

That would take having the guests potentially upset some of their mates of explaining why something didn't work.

On 02/01/2020 at 21:56, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

He's marmite sure but I like his acerbic p*ss taking style

Wilkin is the one I don't actually like but others seem to love. Though I can see his appeal and he does bounce off Perry well in the podcasts 

I used to think Wilkin was a breath of fresh air on the BBC podcast but he’s become seriously patronising and dull, I can barely listen to him now. I find Perry quite amusing though. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I used to think Wilkin was a breath of fresh air on the BBC podcast but he’s become seriously patronising and dull, I can barely listen to him now. I find Perry quite amusing though. 

Think I was the same. He goes too far into weird sport cod-philosophy...... What is that nonsense he constantly drivels on around sporting 'pressure' . It's just a blooming game!

He's also scared of Gaz Hock

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Think I was the same. He goes too far into weird sport cod-philosophy...... What is that nonsense he constantly drivels on around sporting 'pressure' . It's just a blooming game!

He's also scared of Gaz Hock

I don’t like how he takes the ###### out of Dave Woods all the time either. 

Archived