Thur 7 Feb: SL: Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/19 at 19:45

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Connor v Cas, Connor wins just.

Ullefsee 22 Cas Targers 18.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Well we've now got one half on the field seeing as Radford stated we had both our halves in the stands last week. Of course Connor is going to be more valuable than Washbrook, I just hope Radford doesn't leave Washbrook nor Paea, the latter who was absolutely diabolical, in the 17!

We've only 4 missing from the roster,  that's about par for the course over a season at any one time,; Kelly. Bowden, Green and Talanoa, though Talanoa should have been let go tbh and some Hull fans are continually bashing Bowden and Green as being also rans so really we're only missing the one from the 1st XIII.

I'd like to see

Shaul, Miloudi, Griffin, Tuimavave, Buretta, Connor, Sneyd, Taylor, Houghton NZougou, Manu, Hadley, Westerman Subs Minichello, Litten, Fash, Langtree.

Gone for speed and endurance on the bench as opposed to bish bash wallop, sadly though Miloudi won't get picked for a start off.

Cas by 4

12 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Well we've now got one half on the field seeing as Radford stated we had both our halves in the stands last week. Of course Connor is going to be more valuable than Washbrook, I just hope Radford doesn't leave Washbrook nor Paea, the latter who was absolutely diabolical, in the 17!

We've only 4 missing from the roster,  that's about par for the course over a season at any one time,; Kelly. Bowden, Green and Talanoa, though Talanoa should have been let go tbh and some Hull fans are continually bashing Bowden and Green as being also rans so really we're only missing the one from the 1st XIII.

I'd like to see

Shaul, Miloudi, Griffin, Tuimavave, Buretta, Connor, Sneyd, Taylor, Houghton NZougou, Manu, Hadley, Westerman Subs Minichello, Litten, Fash, Langtree.

Gone for speed and endurance on the bench as opposed to bish bash wallop, sadly though Miloudi won't get picked for a start off.

Cas by 4

Certainly know your stuff with team selection.

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I'd like to see

Cas by 4

Well Fash, Langtree, Hadley and Nzoungou aren't even in the squad so I would say that team is unlikely. 

I imagine the team will be:

Shaul, Dawson Jones, Tuimavave, Griffin, Faraimo, Connor, Sneyd, Taylor, Houghton, Matongo, Minichiello, Manu, Westerman

Paea, Lane, Thompson, Washbrook

Personally I wouldn't pick Paea and I would have Litten in the team, but I fully expect Washbrook to get the bench hooker role. That said I didn't think Litten would play last week either so hopefully I am proved wrong again. 

I think Miloudi is just in the squad in case Dawson Jones is injured, he got a knock last week and I was quite surprised when he carried on. 

Awful record at Hull so not expecting massive things. That said, we were really good against Catalans so think we may just edge it

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Difficult to call this one. Cas are a good side but as a couple of their fans have mentioned, they rarely beat us at Kcom. 

There were positives to take from last week for Hull. The big problem was lacking a cutting edge in the final 20. Connor and Westerman should help out with that. 

I have a good feeling that it's going to be 13th time lucky. 

Hull 24-20 Cas

Perversely being a Hull fan, I wouldn't mind Cas winning.

As much as I like Lee Radford and his winning of the two CCs will obviously make him a Hull legend, I just feel we need a new coach to take us up a notch. I'd like Radford to stay at club possibly as an assistant, but a new quality man at the helm, I think can take us to the top bracket of clubs. So another loss may help us toward that.

What's Tony Smith up to these days?

8 hours ago, MZH said:

Difficult to call this one. Cas are a good side but as a couple of their fans have mentioned, they rarely beat us at Kcom. 

There were positives to take from last week for Hull. The big problem was lacking a cutting edge in the final 20. Connor and Westerman should help out with that. 

I have a good feeling that it's going to be 13th time lucky. 

Hull 24-20 Cas

I don't want Radford anywhere near the club, the real coach (Ellis) was behind the success more than Radford. He's a chancer who got lucky, we had an over the cap squad in 16/17 (we know this as it was admitted by people close to the club we had a hefty amount of backloaded contracts) that went virtually uninjured in '16 and basically we won a 4 match comp. Yes at times we played some really good footy but his massive failures in 14 when we nearly got relegated, '15 were he failed again and not developing the kids is why we are in the position we are now.

He's taken us backwards not forwards. In 2013 we had a squad full of rookies that under Gentle massively over performed, we were blooding youngsters not to fill gaps but to be fully fledged 1st XVII players. Radford has done squat since and just bought players in left right and centre, that has proven to not be sustainable and has now come home to roost, as Kirk Dixon said several times in commentary, our youngsters are not experienced or good enough, when they've been internationals at their level the clubs coaches have failed massively to develop them and they've been discarded or left of their own accord because the coach won't play them. 

Matongo/Fash are the only two Hull youngsters to debut under Radford in 5 years to get anywhere near the starting XVII, now even Fash is out of favour after a storming 2018, Abdull at London was a stand-in and was never going to get a long term position/shot in the team, he was also shot down by Pearson re his transfer despite it coming weeks before the record thrashing! Cunningham also was booted out by Radford so he could flog Houghton and bring in his personal friend Washbrook. Cunningham got a knights call up last year and is doing a fine job in the halves at London alongside JA. Ben Crooks destroyed in confidence and scapegoated for Radford's inept 2014 season after being rookie of the year and SL dream team player, Tyson Wilson's gone, Bobby being a youth international, Lancaster who scored tries for fun when he got his chance on the wing ... gone, Jansin Turgut, another youth international, gone. 

Radford couldn't develop a dose of the clap in a whore house!

15 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I don't want Radford anywhere near the club, the real coach (Ellis) was behind the success more than Radford. He's a chancer who got lucky, we had an over the cap squad in 16/17 (we know this as it was admitted by people close to the club we had a hefty amount of backloaded contracts) that went virtually uninjured in '16 and basically we won a 4 match comp. Yes at times we played some really good footy but his massive failures in 14 when we nearly got relegated, '15 were he failed again and not developing the kids is why we are in the position we are now.

He's taken us backwards not forwards. In 2013 we had a squad full of rookies that under Gentle massively over performed, we were blooding youngsters not to fill gaps but to be fully fledged 1st XVII players. Radford has done squat since and just bought players in left right and centre, that has proven to not be sustainable and has now come home to roost, as Kirk Dixon said several times in commentary, our youngsters are not experienced or good enough, when they've been internationals at their level the clubs coaches have failed massively to develop them and they've been discarded or left of their own accord because the coach won't play them. 

Matongo/Fash are the only two Hull youngsters to debut under Radford in 5 years to get anywhere near the starting XVII, now even Fash is out of favour after a storming 2018, Abdull at London was a stand-in and was never going to get a long term position/shot in the team, he was also shot down by Pearson re his transfer despite it coming weeks before the record thrashing! Cunningham also was booted out by Radford so he could flog Houghton and bring in his personal friend Washbrook. Cunningham got a knights call up last year and is doing a fine job in the halves at London alongside JA. Ben Crooks destroyed in confidence and scapegoated for Radford's inept 2014 season after being rookie of the year and SL dream team player, Tyson Wilson's gone, Bobby being a youth international, Lancaster who scored tries for fun when he got his chance on the wing ... gone, Jansin Turgut, another youth international, gone. 

Radford couldn't develop a dose of the clap in a whore house!

What has any of that got to do with my prediction that I think we might win this one? 

We know you don't like Radford. You tell us in every thread. 

12 hours ago, MZH said:

What has any of that got to do with my prediction that I think we might win this one? 

We know you don't like Radford. You tell us in every thread  post.

Edited for accuracy.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Apparently there are 3 straight swaps for Hull, with the bench the same as last week. Miloudi for Dawson, Connor for Washbrook and Westerman for Hadley. 

Shaul

Miloudi, Tuimavave, Griffin, Faraimo

Connor, Sneyd

Taylor, Houghton, Matongo

Manu, Minichiello

Westerman

Bench: Paea, Thompson, Lane, Litten

Imo Hull have the better back line and halves (on paper at least). But the forwards will have to really front up, because even with a couple missing, the Castleford pack is excellent. Paea needs to pull his finger out big style, and hopefully Masi can have more impact than he did last week.

20 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

The “perversely” bit was redundant. We all know you lot are like. ?

Ah but I'm not a full-blown Hull fan or in fact from Hull.

I'm from York and subsequently a Knights fan. I just support both and if the twain shall meet, I’d obviously want York to win.

This actually makes me more perverse doesn’t it?

4 hours ago, MZH said:

Apparently there are 3 straight swaps for Hull, with the bench the same as last week. Miloudi for Dawson, Connor for Washbrook and Westerman for Hadley. 

Shaul

Miloudi, Tuimavave, Griffin, Faraimo

Connor, Sneyd

Taylor, Houghton, Matongo

Manu, Minichiello

Westerman

Bench: Paea, Thompson, Lane, Litten

Imo Hull have the better back line and halves (on paper at least). But the forwards will have to really front up, because even with a couple missing, the Castleford pack is excellent. Paea needs to pull his finger out big style, and hopefully Masi can have more impact than he did last week.

If that's Hull's 1-7 then I'm more than happy with that.

Think your criticism of Paea is fair and I also think Manu and Minichiello will have to provide much more impact with the ball than they did last week.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived