Hornets v TWP on SKY

mickhornet

On and off the pitch.  Great opportunity for the club and our sponsors to maximise pre-match and game day “marketing” in and outside of Rochdale.  I guess it will be too parky for outside beer and pie tents!  Hope Sky allow some reasonable build-up time, for interviews,etc. A decent attendance too.

Great if we could get as close or a better home result than in 2018.  A much changed and expensively assembled Toronto, also with new Coach, were given a hard game at York, I believe who trailed only by 4 points with 10mins to go. 

Then we can think about Toulouse!

3 hours ago, glemiln said:

On and off the pitch.  Great opportunity for the club and our sponsors to maximise pre-match and game day “marketing” in and outside of Rochdale.  I guess it will be too parky for outside beer and pie tents!  Hope Sky allow some reasonable build-up time, for interviews,etc. A decent attendance too.

Great if we could get as close or a better home result than in 2018.  A much changed and expensively assembled Toronto, also with new Coach, were given a hard game at York, I believe who trailed only by 4 points with 10mins to go. 

If you play us like you did last year we are in for a tough game.....hope you get a good crowd out for the TV exposure...important.....GOOD LUCK!

On 2/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, glemiln said:

Couldn't agree more we need to make sure we put out a good display maybe more so off the field.

York really got stuck into the wolfpack last week some of that defense was fantastic, putting bodies in the way if everything if we want to be in with a shout then its the defense that we are going to have to be spot on with.  

On 2/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, glemiln said:

Don't build your hopes up re ope match build up. Last week, the programme didn't go on air until 3.00, little or no build up, and obviously the game kicked off about 8 minutes late. The commentary was very patronising at times,and the commentators knew very few of the York player's names. Having said that, it was good to watch the game again afterwards, it confirmed the Wolfpack second try came from a pass that was a mile forward if nothing else.

3 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Don't build your hopes up re ope match build up. Last week, the programme didn't go on air until 3.00, little or no build up, and obviously the game kicked off about 8 minutes late. The commentary was very patronising at times,and the commentators knew very few of the York player's names. Having said that, it was good to watch the game again afterwards, it confirmed the Wolfpack second try came from a pass that was a mile forward if nothing else.

I know Sky have been down to the club this week and films of the heritage room and Rochdale Fiji link. Should be a good pre show! 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-league/11627359/york-0-14-toronto-wolfpack

A brief taster - unfortunately it does not reflect York’s defensive efforts, which I hope Hornets will replicate. Our match squad looks more than capable of giving them a good game, with the possible inclusion of Pat Moran and one Matt Davies. Could this be the young London Broncos half back?  No doubt the Dale will test the pitch well today - good luck to both local teams this weekend. 

Seemingly, it is Matt Davis, ex London Broncos second rower on dual reg. from Warrington.

And some of this lot to contend with tomorrow!  Easy, not - but hopefully it will swell the attendance.

Rochdale played their best and we appreciate the game...everyone gave it their all.   We were a little lucky at times and got some breaks.....could have been closer.   Keep your chin up Rochdale you did well.

Toronto Wolfpack Record (2019)

2 Wins

0 Losses

"Run With The Pack!"

Naturally, Toronto’s class, speed and full-time status were far too much for Hornets.  On this showing, Wolfpack is a much improved, more disciplined and  no doubt more costly vintage than that of 2018 - their test v Widnes will be a better indication.  We certainly didn’t lack effort, but we missed last week’s outing to remove some of the rust.  To counter Toronto’s line speed, direction and positional play in attack and defence was always going to be very difficult, especially over what turned out to be their 60/40% game possession.   However, our general play/team work needs to improve - too individualistic, currently.  On today’s evidence, we are missing an experienced playmaker.  Least said about some of our kicking today.  Sadly, the crowd looked sparse,  but the weather at the start looked, on tv, more like Toronto.

I expected Toronto to win, I expected to be fight hornets but it was only there in parts.

The most disappointing was the crowd, for me to charge £18.00 an adult was an error as especially when it's on the TV. 

They seemed to be more wolfpack fans than hornets fans, which is a worry for a long established rugby league team

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

2 Wins

0 Losses

"Run With The Pack!"

2 Wins

0 Losses

"Run With The Pack!"

hope there is no need to brag on everyone's forum after every match.....

" Toronto’s class, speed and full-time status were far too much for Hornet's "

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

1 hour ago, RPH said:

2 Wins

0 Losses

"Run With The Pack!"

hope there is no need to brag on everyone's forum after every match.....

" Toronto’s class, speed and full-time status were far too much for Hornet's "

No one is bragging...I thought Rochdale did their best...they gave it their all.  The forwards played hard and the backs were up in defence with some miscues.  They got a nice score and could have had another.  I like Rochdale....as do many TWP fans.  I wish their club the best this season and I know they have a group of very loyal volunteers...all the best to Rochdale!

That message was just  a reminder for the nosy Batley fans!  Come on RPH, why always look for the worse in things when no ill will was even intended?  Getting a little worried are ya?

18 quid is getting too expensive in my opinion. Not just Hornets all clubs need to look at the price structure. The EFL's "twenty is plenty" campaign has really taken off and most clubs have now lowered prices.

There is just so much competition for household disposable income. I do however understand the need to raise as much income as possible - fine margins in terms of the decision making.

Before the game yesterday there was a cracking picture being passed around the Ukrainian Club. Hornets 1976 / 77 some real legends on it, Alan Hodkinson, Tony Gourley, Tony Cooke, Wally Jones to name just a few. 1976 - 1980 was a great era led by Kel Coslett.

Archived