Rochdale Hornets Away

fevtom

Since I've somewhat adopted TWP as a second team, along with other expansion clubs. I hope you don't mind me starting a match thread.

Rochdale really should be one of the easier games of the season. I expect they'll be in a relegation fight this year but last years game at Rochdale was hardly straight forward for Toronto. Even still, I think the best case scenario for Rochdale is that it could be a scrappy game where they can frustrate TWP, it would possibly work in their favour if the conditions were less than perfect. Worst case scenario for them is they get absolutely blown away.

Who knows how much points difference will matter this year but if it's close at the end of the season winning by six points here or winning by 40 points could be the difference between first and second.

I will be at Fev v Batley so won't be able to watch the game, but I'm always checking the scores.

2 hours ago, fevtom said:

Since I've somewhat adopted TWP as a second team, along with other expansion clubs. I hope you don't mind me starting a match thread.

Rochdale really should be one of the easier games of the season. I expect they'll be in a relegation fight this year but last years game at Rochdale was hardly straight forward for Toronto. Even still, I think the best case scenario for Rochdale is that it could be a scrappy game where they can frustrate TWP, it would possibly work in their favour if the conditions were less than perfect. Worst case scenario for them is they get absolutely blown away.

Who knows how much points difference will matter this year but if it's close at the end of the season winning by six points here or winning by 40 points could be the difference between first and second.

I will be at Fev v Batley so won't be able to watch the game, but I'm always checking the scores.

After that game last year I am taking nothing for granted....plus if you rent a box at the Rochdale field they throw in a bucket of beer...so they obviously know what they are doing.

Looking forward to the game.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

After that game last year I am taking nothing for granted....plus if you rent a box at the Rochdale field they throw in a bucket of beer...so they obviously know what they are doing.

Looking forward to the game.

It's not in bottles or cans though. They literally throw a bucket of beer over you.

rldfsignature.jpg

On 2/7/2019 at 8:41 AM, Kayakman said:

JUST MY STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Is it ale or lager?

It's at room temperature though so it's COLD!

And everyone sitting around you keeps trying to pick you - which isn't as pleasant as it sounds.

But of course no one was actually at the Rochdale game so it wasn't really a problem.

that small crowd must have been disappointing..management/ownership puts a solid team together, players give their all, SKY covers the game...what do you have to do to get a crowd out..free bacon baps and a beer with every ticket?  

36 minutes ago, silverback said:

they do have some real nice school dinner sized meat pies in them big trays with mushy peas.

game wernt a good advert for rugby ont telly to be fair and probably did more damage than good.

tend to agree....the people that were there looked to be enjoying it but you need a rocking crowd to make a good impression

I think it's just a case that Rochdale are a small club in a small town with a small rugby league following. They'll hope they can find ways to grow but it won't happen for a one off match. Probably not a good advert of the game for a Canadian audience but I think in the UK there's an understanding that it's semi professional level which to Rugby League's credit is actually more successful than second tier Rugby Union.

The Widnes game next will be really tastey. From what I can tell, Newcastle are charging £20 the double-header with their game. Great value, really wish I could make it.

Archived