Wolfie Sacked !

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

It can’t be because of that. I thought that was to ramp up publicity for the Warrington v Leeds game. Got to be more to it than that 

The letter mentions Warrington’s first game of the season.

Its such a shame after the amount of personal devotion without reward from the individual involved.   However, Wolfie is known to be edgy (which is great entertainment for the adults) but in this modern age of social media a Faux Pas on his lupine derrière may well have pushed the boundaries a little too much for example.   If a parent has complained or something similar, the club will move quickly to protect itself and the brand.

The ‘no chance to change’ comment is intriguing... hard to read into that one, but if they told him to cut the rude stuff out and he didn’t toe the line that may be a reason for his quick dismissal.

Shame either way ?

36 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

It can’t be because of that. I thought that was to ramp up publicity for the Warrington v Leeds game. Got to be more to it than that 

I agree.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Nah. They have Jefferson who is actually Kman. 

How did you find out????  Come on tell me...who told ya?

Was it that girl wearing that red hood?

Apparently there’s an article on the Guardian website covering the issue.

The club want to take Wolfie in a different direction.    Not quite sure what that means but I have a feeling it’s probably sanitising the character into a sort of Disney-style clean-living thing for the younger kids.

I’ll miss his antics.   Maybe they could have an grown-ups only ‘Uncle Wolfie’ revue after Friday-night matches...  I remember only too well that in the bad old days of poor Warrington teams at a run-down Wilderspool, waiting to see the words of wisdom scrawled on Wolfie’s backside was the highlight of the match...! ?

39 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

The club want to take Wolfie in a different direction.    Not quite sure what that means but I have a feeling it’s probably sanitising the character into a sort of Disney-style clean-living thing for the younger kids.

I’ll miss his antics.   Maybe they could have an grown-ups only ‘Uncle Wolfie’ revue after Friday-night matches...  I remember only too well that in the bad old days of poor Warrington teams at a run-down Wilderspool, waiting to see the words of wisdom scrawled on Wolfie’s backside was the highlight of the match...! ?

Absolutely,, cheered up the Fletcher End loads of times.

49 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Who is this guy in the costume that they can't trust him to tone down the act.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Who is this guy in the costume that they can't trust him to tone down the act.

I guess it's just a sign of the times.   They may think the current Woflie's antics belong in a bygone era (he was introduced in the 90s) and maybe the target audience isn't looking for that type of humour.

I think he's been unique in terms of club mascots and brought genuine personality to the role, something that most mascots sadly lack.   RIP our filfthy furry flatulent friend...   maybe we'll see you in later years reincarnated for a Peter Kay comic relief video.

Tbh, maybe they want somebody a bit livelier or something, because whenever I see him he looks like a 50 year old bloke ambling round the pitch. Maybe they are looking at some of the US mascots and seeing how much they do?

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Is it brexit related ? Bound to be 

Possibly.   We know that wolves are no longer native to the UK, so it's more than likely he's been here on a work visa from Alaska.

It's no secret that Nigel Farage has been championing Basil Brush for the role for some time now.

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Possibly.   We know that wolves are no longer native to the UK, so it's more than likely he's been here on a work visa from Alaska.

It's no secret that Nigel Farage has been championing Basil Brush for the role for some time now.

Well someone needs to stick his hand Barniers @R$€  ....

Archived