Oldham

Cl1998

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent Start and as already said by others on here with Fieldhouse,Moi Moi and Hopkins missing today it looks like we have a strong squad with some quality DR if needed.

It's also about time we had a bit of luck but sounded like the lads kept going for the full 80 minutes and I think we will only get stronger as we get a few more games under our belt.

Hopefully should get a decent crowd at home next week and build on the momentum created at the end of last season.

Fantastic away performance for about 55 minutes. 15 minutes after going 12-0 up, we drop ball on there 20, never touched it again until 14-0 down. Then 10 mins in the second half we fell asleep. But apart from that we looked really strong. No way was Ells try in touch. We were 5 metres away and was a mile in play. Whilst on miller, he is by a mile now the best centre in this league, he carries hard, scores for fun and hits like a train. I still think we need another centre or trying litherland as pez struggled a bit out there today. Penky, Forbes Ollie were fantastic, but on such an awful quiet ground you could here tickle constantly organising and instructing his fellow forwards, he was immense in that aspect. Fieldhouse will be a miss but just because getting him, Elliot and mellor in the back line will be superb, but on today’s showing mellor is the real deal back there and looked like he was a seasoned vet himself, never put a foot wrong. We had the most clear try your ever likely to see chalked off when he said Jamie was held up when it was as clear as day the ball was on the deck. Not sure why Karl was left out, but I think it shows how far he’s come that he was still there with the boys. The 2 giants played well when on and the lad from Wigan showed real pace to stop a certain 6 pointer when they kicked a pen instead  

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

6 hours ago, wonky said:

Fantastic away performance for about 55 minutes. 15 minutes after going 12-0 up, we drop ball on there 20, never touched it again until 14-0 down. Then 10 mins in the second half we fell asleep. But apart from that we looked really strong. No way was Ells try in touch. We were 5 metres away and was a mile in play. Whilst on miller, he is by a mile now the best centre in this league, he carries hard, scores for fun and hits like a train. I still think we need another centre or trying litherland as pez struggled a bit out there today. Penky, Forbes Ollie were fantastic, but on such an awful quiet ground you could here tickle constantly organising and instructing his fellow forwards, he was immense in that aspect. Fieldhouse will be a miss but just because getting him, Elliot and mellor in the back line will be superb, but on today’s showing mellor is the real deal back there and looked like he was a seasoned vet himself, never put a foot wrong. We had the most clear try your ever likely to see chalked off when he said Jamie was held up when it was as clear as day the ball was on the deck. Not sure why Karl was left out, but I think it shows how far he’s come that he was still there with the boys. The 2 giants played well when on and the lad from Wigan showed real pace to stop a certain 6 pointer when they kicked a pen instead  

Karl was left out because he didnt train Tuesday or Thursday Leon said..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

9 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Excellent Start and as already said by others on here with Fieldhouse,Moi Moi and Hopkins missing today it looks like we have a strong squad with some quality DR if needed.

It's also about time we had a bit of luck but sounded like the lads kept going for the full 80 minutes and I think we will only get stronger as we get a few more games under our belt.

Hopefully should get a decent crowd at home next week and build on the momentum created at the end of last season.

The DR lads were good especially Roche but also Olstrum to come back in so we shouldn't need him.

I’m a big Karl fan on the pitch but theres to much of this baggage and its destabilising and irritating . Everyone must pull the same way , if not then it’s very simple . No way should he just expect to walk back in off the back of a winning side 

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m a big Karl fan on the pitch but theres to much of this baggage and its destabilising and irritating . Everyone must pull the same way , if not then it’s very simple . No way should he just expect to walk back in off the back of a winning side 

I don't know any circumstances around why he wasn't at training but the crack at work is that he's been laid off, so maybe the lad has had a bit on his plate this week and we shouldn't vilify him just yet.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I don't know any circumstances around why he wasn't at training but the crack at work is that he's been laid off, so maybe the lad has had a bit on his plate this week and we shouldn't vilify him just yet.

Yeah I think we need to lay off him until it's known why he missed training. Though to be fair to davidm his past actions mean it's easy to jump to conclusions with him. I just want him to train, play and enjoy himself as he's a superb player when on it.

4 minutes ago, DocH said:

He didn't play against the Giants as he was carrying a knock so probably not 100% yet. I rather concentrate on the positives of a great win to start the season.

You’re 100% right . I don’t want to deflect anything from that , apologies . We’ve had a buzzing start to the year with plenty to look forward to 

Karls an awesome player but so are the rest of the forwards we have at the minute its a very high bar with Moi Moi and Hopkins to add even more competition.

Great win yesterday as has been said a win at Oldham, Doncaster, Newcastle is gold dust and weve managed to get one straight away

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Think the Karl situation is completely being blown out of proportion by some on here, lads miss training for a variety of reasons all the time and they’re aware of Leons’s don’t train don’t play policy. If there was anything more to it he wouldn’t have been down there yesterday... obviously couldn’t make training for whatever reason so doesn’t play, if it was anyone else nobody would even question it.

4 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

We all love Karl despite his indiscretions I would hope no fan would vilify him. I can understand fans wanting to know why he wasn't playing seen as he's probably our most consistent player but speculation about why he's absent doesn't help, let's leave that to the usual trolls that visit here. Hope he's pulling on the blue & white on Sunday. 

Archived