Oldham

Cl1998

18 minutes ago, Onreport said:

whole idea of the rule change for 40/20's  was to allow for a quick play the ball for attacking side as long as team all on side etc. Totally up to defensive side to get back and defend

All the attacking side is bound to be onside but the defence from a really quick tap has no chance and a side could just walk in for a try . As I say I’ve seen many games where a ref has made them wait and to me that seems common sense . You’ve earned a set of six in the 20 , big plus , but a team should have the right to defend !

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DavidM said:

All the attacking side is bound to be onside but the defence from a really quick tap has no chance and a side could just walk in for a try . As I say I’ve seen many games where a ref has made them wait and to me that seems common sense . You’ve earned a set of six in the 20 , big plus , but a team should have the right to defend !

Obviously the rule came from NRL where you see fast play the ball all the time,  All part of trying to speed up the game I guess, but yeah could be a tad unfair depending on where your defensive line is at.

Similar to 20 tap where  some refs seem to allow defensive line to set and others don't but rule is as long as your own side are back you are free to play on.

9 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Obviously the rule came from NRL where you see fast play the ball all the time,  All part of trying to speed up the game I guess, but yeah could be a tad unfair depending on where your defensive line is at.

Similar to 20 tap where  some refs seem to allow defensive line to set and others don't but rule is as long as your own side are back you are free to play on.

Cheers pal . I think that ref on Sunday may have been confused to ! 

On 2/17/2019 at 5:10 PM, Chrome Dome said:

Attendance of 765 is very poor for top game in this Division........maybe reflects locals dislike of a very poor *facility..??

.......*.It's not worth calling it a stadium.

Something in this, I think, though Whitebank is much better since Avro FC bought it and improved the facilities. I was there as a neutral. I overheard the young lass standing next to me tell her mum: "I'd come (i.e. spectate!) every week if we were playing at Stalybridge." (Bower Fold is a great little ground)

1 minute ago, Onreport said:

Thought he had a decent game to be fair, , we have had a lot worse

The one at Newcastle with the 40/20 . I’m not sure he was totally confident in his call. If he got it right though fair enough 

6 hours ago, DavidM said:

I agree David gaining up to 50mts from a kick should be enough of an advantage IMO.

Archived