Have Featherstone won the Lottery?

DemonUK

So they have just signed 2 Leeds players (Walters and Ormondroyd) and are now also after Brierley.  I seem to remember a few years ago, they signed 4 Leeds players on one year contracts who then returned to Leeds but still used their Dual Reg arrangement with Leeds.  Was that a way of just using more than the allowed number of DR/loan players.  For a club that has lost over half a million quid in fundng, they aren't half managing to splash some cash.

Here we go again .....

2 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

So they have just signed 2 Leeds players (Walters and Ormondroyd) and are now also after Brierley.  I seem to remember a few years ago, they signed 4 Leeds players on one year contracts who then returned to Leeds but still used their Dual Reg arrangement with Leeds.  Was that a way of just using more than the allowed number of DR/loan players.  For a club that has lost over half a million quid in fundng, they aren't half managing to splash some cash.

If you seem to remember us signing 4 Leeds players, can you name them? 

2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You’d think these clubs would learn, wouldn’t you? They got into bother last year through not living within their means.  

Do you do Fev's books ?

I bet Ormondroyd & Walters don't get as much as Delaney put together.

9 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

Highlighted the bit that has any truth in it for you ?

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

9 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You’d think these clubs would learn, wouldn’t you? They got into bother last year through not living within their means.  

We were within our means til the squad under performed and failed to make the middle 8s........we've now restructured the team to within our new means........What do you want us to learn exactly?  

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

21 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

We were within our means til the squad under performed and failed to make the middle 8s........we've now restructured the team to within our new means........What do you want us to learn exactly?  

Not exactly sure 2018 was living in your means. If that’s the business plan, I’m glad it’s not my club’s. 

38 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

No, we've not won the lottery.

Campbell sold the land, went to Vegas and put it all on red.

Expect us to be winning The NRL by 2022

We've scrapped the match day programme so that's saved us a bob or two.

In all seriousness we've had a tremendous turnover in playing staff including some of our highest profile and highest paid players leaving so it's difficult to tell how our finances compare to last season.

We seem to have a plan for the land now so hopefully we can turn our assets into long term sustainable revenue.

as Leeds virtually own Fev I am sure a wage deal has been done for the season that frees some cash for Leeds to get somebody in before they are looking at a relegation fight

ps Top marks on another high caliber RL journo stating how Ryan played a huge role in our promotion season, he was gone by Easter playing about 4 games, does he just print what SMTMUK give him?

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

What bother was that then? How many players weren't paid? How many players were paid late? How many threatened to take the Club to tribunal? 

16 players were released at the end of last season, of which all but 2 were out of contract, and both of those agreed amicable releases. Since then 2 players have been released from contracts for this season (Delaney and Walton) due to injuries.

34 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

as Leeds virtually own Fev I am sure a wage deal has been done for the season that frees some cash for Leeds to get somebody in before they are looking at a relegation fight

ps Top marks on another high caliber RL journo stating how Ryan played a huge role in our promotion season, he was gone by Easter playing about 4 games, does he just print what SMTMUK give him?

In the same way Saints own Leigh presumably?

2 hours ago, DemonUK said:

Please can you provide details of all the Fev players' salaries, so we can all make a reasoned judgement?

Feel free to provide full details of how much less the Boas brothers' contracts are costing compared to those of Ridyard, Holmes and Thackeray.

the only bother we got into last year was in the last two games of the regular season we lost four  players with season ending injuries  so ended up short of players one  just been released cos still injured

Not exactly sure 2018 was living in your means. If that’s the business plan, I’m glad it’s not my club’s. 

In 2018 FEV on top of their own money got over 700k in funding from th RL so decide to splash the cash on high profile player Holmes Hock  and Ridyard none of them at the club now so don't have to find big money  this year and we didn't spend all the 700 k so we did have a business plan 

2 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I assume that the money they aren't now paying Delaney has paid for the wages of Walters and Ormondroyd

been told by someone who works for them KP one of the clubs main sponsors have increased sponsorship to cover Josh's contract don't know about Jacks

5 hours ago, DemonUK said:

We are sending a Scout to the Wigan v Roosters game! ??

Archived