Halifax v Bulldogs

Batley Bob

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, ernieone said:

First try from a bad bounce

Second try mismatch in height jumping for a cross kick

Third try interception just before half time.

2nd half only one team in it and deserved at least a draw.

Interception AGAIN. What is going on. 3 games in a row now. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

29 minutes ago, ernieone said:

First try from a bad bounce

Second try mismatch in height jumping for a cross kick

Third try interception just before half time.

2nd half only one team in it and deserved at least a draw.

Couldn't agree more Ernie, very unlucky not to win that today, Taira and Downs had really good games today, just a pity about Joe throwing the interception just before halftime. 

What a game! Fax started really well but by half-time we looked to be in the ascendancy until a lazy pass gave them an interception try. Second half Fax were hanging on and  the better side over the eighty minutes lost. The most entertaining part of the afternoon has to to the Halifax crowd. After watching Batley for nearly 30 years it's the first time I've been poked by an opposition fan and I have to I didn't like it! I don't think I've ever been in a ground where the home support was so bad, they seem to turn up just berate the opposite at every play begging penalties..even to the point of blaming the Batley supporters for the refs decisions, ending with yours truly been poked by an old bloke! I?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Poke? Poke him back with the point of your elbow whilst shouting eureka on your tippy toes

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

3 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

Best team lost. Fax were awful. ?

That's probably been kind. It was an abysmal performance. After going 12-0 up it appears we thought we could score on every play and came up with unforced error followed by penalty followed by unforced error over and over again. I thought we showed the opposition a massive lack of respect and we could have put that game to bed by half time just by completing sets. The only positive really is that we conceded so many penalties and completed at less than 50% and still managed to luck a win.

48 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

What a game! Fax started really well but by half-time we looked to be in the ascendancy until a lazy pass gave them an interception try. Second half Fax were hanging on and  the better side over the eighty minutes lost. The most entertaining part of the afternoon has to to the Halifax crowd. After watching Batley for nearly 30 years it's the first time I've been poked by an opposition fan and I have to I didn't like it! I don't think I've ever been in a ground where the home support was so bad, they seem to turn up just berate the opposite at every play begging penalties..even to the point of blaming the Batley supporters for the refs decisions, ending with yours truly been poked by an old bloke! I?

Its the " we're better than you" syndrome. Basically the supporters of certain teams think they are better than "such as us". When they realise they aren't they get agitated. Hence the poke at you Piggy. Some Fax supporters are like that. Good coach, not a bad team, but goin nowhere. No ground , no ground income stream, to be fair I can understand their frustration. Buckets will be back soon. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Today was certainly a game of two halves obviously gave them 12 start then our forwards got into the arm wrestle and got on top but all that pressure came to nothing the halves lacked ideas to unlock the defence! ! We really should have had something in those 20 mins then another interception try !!

Second half we were all over them all they were doing was hanging on but it wasn’t to be but we were certainly the better side and came away with no points but we showed promise I’m sure we can kick on ! 

I am concerned we seem to lack ideas on the oppositions line, but defence dominates these days..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

50 minutes ago, Woodman Away Travel said:

The people that went have got there summery spot on. Errors cost us in first half but still matched them. Second half the lads were outstanding! First thing i would do would be to offer Brearley another two years!! Hemingway was a revalation today. Play like we did today and not many beat us! That is the challenge

Hemingway always plays with courage and  presents a threat to the opposition, and his kicking game keeps us on the front foot. He deserves a run in the team. Brearley, nurtured in the right way, could become something quite special.

11 hours ago, Woodman Away Travel said:

The people that went have got there summery spot on. Errors cost us in first half but still matched them. Second half the lads were outstanding! First thing i would do would be to offer Brearley another two years!! Hemingway was a revalation today. Play like we did today and not many beat us! That is the challenge

On the flip side if we play like that again we won't beat many teams. Stats wise you simply can't do what we did yesterday and expect to win rugby games.

14 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Delighted to hear that being poked by an old bloke was a new experience for you ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived