Brits in the NRL

I feel sorry for Ryan Hall. He should have been playing for the Roosters from Round 1 this season, but he apparently has not fully recovered from his knee injury. So Matt Ikuvalu is on the wing.

Herbie Farnworth played great this morning when he came off the bench for the Broncos. He won't be far off a starting spot now I reckon. More generally speaking, the crop of players they have under the age of 25 has me believing we could be in for a period of Broncos dominance over the next few years....if they can keep them all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Herbie Farnworth played great this morning when he came off the bench for the Broncos. He won't be far off a starting spot now I reckon. More generally speaking, the crop of players they have under the age of 25 has me believing we could be in for a period of Broncos dominance over the next few years....if they can keep them all. 

They need Boyd, Glenn and McCullogh to retire at the end of the year.Maybe move Oates on, although he's only 25.

44 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

They need Boyd, Glenn and McCullogh to retire at the end of the year.Maybe move Oates on, although he's only 25.

didn't they re-sign Glenn this season?

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

8 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Oates age always surprises me - seems like he's been there forever! I guess he did kind of break on to the scene at 18 which is pretty rare to be a regular in the NRL at that age. I agree regarding the rest and would consider adding Milford to that list - not because of his age but because he's been there 5 years and just still doesn't quite look like he's good enough to lead the Broncos attack.

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Think you're thinking of Jordan Kahu who went to NQ Cowboys but now come back.

I'm not. I remember seeing something about a contract extension for Glenn.

3736-mipm.gif

26 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Ah sorry - when you said re-sign I thought you meant it in the sense of as a new signing. Yes Glenn is signed until end of 2021.

haha I wrote it like that to avoid thinking I meant resign as in quit.

• Haha 1

3736-mipm.gif

Farnworth is an outstanding prospect, he is athletic, skilful, fast and has a great work ethic. His agility is second to none and he is the fittest player at the Broncos.

Look out Tommy Makinson & Tom Johnstone etc because I think Herbie will be in the World Cup squad next year if he stays fit.

• Like 2

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

13 hours ago, Emosi Koloto said:

Farnworth is an outstanding prospect, he is athletic, skilful, fast and has a great work ethic. His agility is second to none and he is the fittest player at the Broncos.

Look out Tommy Makinson & Tom Johnstone etc because I think Herbie will be in the World Cup squad next year if he stays fit.

I like Herbie.

What do you base your statement that his agility is second to none and he is the fittest player at the Broncos?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

14 hours ago, Emosi Koloto said:

I remember suggesting they should have just drafted him in to the Great Britain squad last year when they were short. He wouldn't have been a bad option then and he'll be a certainty for England by the World Cup if all goes well for him.

1 hour ago, Allora said:

I like Herbie.

What do you base your statement that his agility is second to none and he is the fittest player at the Broncos?

I don't know about the agility but I remember a few articles about Payne Haas pre season last year wowing everybody in fitness tests and they said only Herbie Farnworth beat him in some of the tests. 

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 hours ago, Allora said:

I like Herbie.

I’ve dug out a bit of info from Feb last year. Sent to me from someone close to the club......”Herbie has clock 9.8m per second week before last.The fastest time this season at the club. then last week he up the stakes by clocking 10m per second the third fastest recorded in the NRL from this and last season. He will get stronger and faster....”.  

• Like 3

Kallie Watkins got a few touches of the ball in today’s game,

He looks like a lightweight as if he has stripped to much weight off.

Years ago I thought he was touted as the English Greg Inglis, he looked more like Josh Addo Carr without the blistering pace.

The Titans are probably lucky the NRL season will probably finish today as they looked awful against a patchy Parramatta that tore them a new one in the second half.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, burnleywelsh said:

Broncos and Rugby League to hold on to Farnworth...???

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/english-winger-sought-after-by-5-nrl-clubs-29824/

It'd have to be RU in the northern hemisphere, Shirley.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Farnworth is 20 now and while that is by no means old it is an age where he will definitely be wanting to play regular first grade. I hope he can do this with the Broncos but they some talent in the backline.

I hop he gets to play regular NRL games over the next few years and developed into the talent he looks to be.

Main thing is to keep him in Rugby League which seems likely, he has spent a lot of time and energy on fulfilling his Rugby League dream, I wouldn't have thought he would jump ship at this stage.

Edited by Dunbar

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Farnworth is 20 now and while that is by no means old it is an age where he will definitely be wanting to play regular first grade. I hope he can do this with the Broncos but they some talent in the backline.

I hop he gets to play regular NRL games over the next few years and developed into the talent he looks to be.

Main thing is to keep him in Rugby League which seems likely, he has spent a lot of time and energy on fulfilling his Rugby League dream, I wouldn't have thought he would jump ship at this stage.

Aye. Where would he go that would be better though. If he can't beat Arthars for a shirt, then he's not that good. 

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas