Brits in the NRL

15 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Luke Thompson NOT! been involved in the bulldogs pre season training camps recently !

Yeah been pretty strong rumours he's been shopped around by the Bulldogs because of the cap issues they'll encounter next season, so seems like they've decided best to get their house in order now. I didn't realise he was on as much as he's rumoured to be ($450k) so not surprising really - whether it'll be another NRL side or back to SL remains to be seen. He started to find some form last year but poor discipline and couple of knocks meant he never had the impact the Dogs would've wanted. I hope he can sort a new club for 2023 and see out this season with the Dogs, now they finally seem to have a decent side.

10 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah been pretty strong rumours he's been shopped around by the Bulldogs because of the cap issues they'll encounter next season, so seems like they've decided best to get their house in order now. I didn't realise he was on as much as he's rumoured to be ($450k) so not surprising really - whether it'll be another NRL side or back to SL remains to be seen. He started to find some form last year but poor discipline and couple of knocks meant he never had the impact the Dogs would've wanted. I hope he can sort a new club for 2023 and see out this season with the Dogs, now they finally seem to have a decent side.

like I said before - in my opinion Craig  Bellamy could make him in to the worlds best front rower should he get the chance 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

trouble with the bulldogs signings - they have all come from proven teams with proven squads - will be interesting for eg to see just how good the fox is NOT  been complimented  by the storms attack - my bet? wont be crossing the line as much - apart from his own!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

He’s on $800k a season until the end of 2023,if the Dogs want rid of him they’ll have to carry on paying some of his contract to entice other NRL clubs to sign him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

a step sideways in his career?

He can shine better in a side that isn't catastrophically bad, although I'd expect Canterbury to be better (not very hard to do) this season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

He didn’t shine but conversely the Bulldogs didn’t use him very well . Often they  seem to want a specific and very limited role for players down there , and his assets we saw to effect here just were hardly maximised . I’d say going back to work under Holbrook would be a positive , I don’t think Gus really wants him there tbh

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

He didn’t shine but conversely the Bulldogs didn’t use him very well . Often they  seem to want a specific and very limited role for players down there , and his assets we saw to effect here just were hardly maximised . I’d say going back to work under Holbrook would be a positive , I don’t think Gus really wants him there tbh

Gus has a lot of issues to work through. :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, DavidM said:

true - thinking about it how could a ginger hardman prop forward from st helens ever be a good thing for the bulldogs? it would never work out 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

true - thinking about it how could a ginger hardman prop forward from st helens ever be a good thing for the bulldogs? it would never work out 

Indeed , and they let that one play his game and look how it benefitted them. Maybe they should try it with Thompson 

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Indeed , and they let that one play his game and look how it benefitted them. Maybe they should try it with Thompson 

am sure they will soon get fed up of the fox as well (and his mega wages) not scoring tries cos hes not finishing off moves by the melbourne machine anymore

On 07/01/2022 at 19:15, graveyard johnny said:

a step sideways in his career?

He may have had his disciplinary issues but was still the stand out player in an atrocious Bulldogs team. The Titans may not be a top team but they've got a damn good coach and are building nicely into a consistent top 8 team. Personally I think he'd go well in that environment

• Like 3

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 07/01/2022 at 20:26, DavidM said:

They’ll soon get fed up with Barrett if he doesn’t deliver now

yep - thats exactly right and to be honest my moneys on the "fed up" more than the "deliver"

27 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I'm highly skeptical of this one - not least of all because it's seemingly all based on sources down under, opposed to any UK journalist also picking it up. I'm sure England Rugby are aware of him, along with lots of other English RL talent but the idea of him being stolen from our game (akin to Sam Burgess) just seems way out of left field, at least in the next couple of years. 

Like most players when their contract is almost up, the young English players in England have NRL clubs and union clubs hovering around, he has English super League clubs and union clubs hovering around, I reckon I could make it as an agent too, I've understood the tricks of the trade😁