Brits in the NRL

6 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Unlikely, but would love the eels to knock the storm. A bit of payback for their GF steal.

I wouldn't write off the Broncos winning tomorrow, they have some dangerous players. 

They don't have the halves yet to be a genuinely top class team but they can score a few points.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I wouldn't write off the Broncos winning tomorrow, they have some dangerous players. 

They don't have the halves yet to be a genuinely top class team but they can score a few points.

Brisbane are frustratingly inconsistent this year. It could be won by 20 points either way.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 minutes ago, Copa said:

Close!

?

Actually I thought i was spot on... the Broncos halves were appalling 

I feel sorry for the Broncos pack... they work out a good set and then the half puts in a terrible kick... or gets caught in possession 

Edited by Dunbar

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

27 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

What halves ?

Well, they had Alfie Langer running the water on. He would have played better today than the Broncos halves.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

A very dominant performance from Parramatta. Its nice to see the resurgence again of Parramatta and Canberra.

I love watching Sivo at full pelt. He's a great find for the Eels.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Felt sorry for Payne Haas and David Fafita this morning. The two teenagers were the only decent performers for Brisbane while the older heads were useless.

Not sure if people have seen this little segment that ran on Fox league earlier this week. Great interview that gave a little more insight into John Bateman and what drives him. Becoming a huge star down there and I for one couldn't be happier for him. 

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/league-life/bateman-on-league-life!747327

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, damp squib said:

I have to admit I had my doubts about whether Bateman would make it in the NRL but I've been well and truly proved wrong.

I really hope English backs start to have similar success soon...

For an English back to have success in the NRL very soon will depend upon either Brett Morris or Joseph Manu or Latrell Mitchell being injured for the Sydney Roosters in the preliminary final next week, and also the Sydney Roosters winning their way into the Grand Final. In that case Ryan Hall will certainly get a call up for the Roosters and play in the NRL Grand Final.

Otherwise we will have to wait until 2020, and hope that Ryan Hall gets a chance with the Roosters then, or that Kallum Watkins can improve his form greatly, especially in defence.

Only 5 of the possible 7 English players in the final line ups with Sutton for Canberra and G Burgess for the Bunnies missing out. 

Quite sad if Burgess didn't get to play in what might have been his final game should the Bunnies lose. 

Can't wait for this one! Interesting they've moved Sam from originally being named in the back row to now starting prop - I wonder if that's to avoid him getting involved too much with the Bradford boys haha. 

Just as a bit of very bizarre trivia, I think Souths might be the tallest team I have ever seen.

Checking their profiles on Wikipedia, the average height of the 17 today (including halfbacks) is 6 feet 2 inches.

I wonder if Sutton is in with a shout for the final.  I wasn't convinced by Lui and Guler off the bench for the Raiders to be honest.

Although it would be a brave call for Stuart to change the team.

I just hope for both his own and the Raiders sake that Papalii escapes punishment for the tackle he was placed on report for.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I wonder if Sutton is in with a shout for the final.  I wasn't convinced by Lui and Guler off the bench for the Raiders to be honest.

Although it would be a brave call for Stuart to change the team.

I just hope for both his own and the Raiders sake that Papalii escapes punishment for the tackle he was placed on report for.

Strange one why he got left out over Guler anyway - he did have an injury about 3 weeks back which never really got mentioned by Canberra but I saw on Instagram his leg in a temporary splint. So not sure if that what's kept him out and they just keep naming him in reserves to give every opportunity if he is fit? 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 1