Brits in the NRL

drop farnworth - a young player playing very well in the nrl against the worlds top centres and talented back lines

keep watkins- an old has been who bottled it in the nrl and ran home -playing against other has beens and never will bes 

sean wane turning in to a joke coach before a single game 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Here's my conspiracy theory.

Farnworth has been tapped up to play State of Origin for Queensland as he has been playing in the Queensland juniors since he was about 15.

He has told Wane and Wane has decided to throw him out of the England squad and announced it as being because he isn't good enough.

Watch this space.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

27 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Agreed, it's a bit harsh dropping one player... especially as he has missed two games before last weekend and has been described as one of Brisbane's best this year.

It lays down a statement that Wane will not tolerate a drop in form and he is the boss, maybe that is a message he wanted to get out.

He literally named the squad 3 weeks ago though so has maybe played 1 game in that time.

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Farnworth has been tapped up to play State of Origin for Queensland as he has been playing in the Queensland juniors since he was about 15.

He has told Wane and Wane has decided to throw him out of the England squad and announced it as being because he isn't good enough.

Watch this space.

That would probably be up Wanes street

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Watch this space.

Traitor!

13 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Can’t see it , he’d have to come out that he wants to play for Australia 

I agree.  But surely Farnworth is not playing so badly that he is being stood down.  The only player in the whole 35 man squad that isn't playing up to scratch... hell some of them are even injured.  And what about Hodgson and Williams, hardly lighting up the NRL.

I am convinced there has to be more to this than just performance.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I agree.  But surely Farnworth is not playing so badly that he is being stood down.  The only player in the whole 35 man squad that isn't playing up to scratch... hell some of them are even injured.  And what about Hodgson and Williams, hardly lighting up the NRL.

you could be on to something with this - using the term "stood down" usually has other reasons

wouldn't say he was ready for origin yet but if they picked endrick lee last year then who knows?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

13 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Must be . It’ll come out , it always does. 

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Watch this space.

Not likely. The statement is quite clear and it will clearly be an ill discipline matter. Either he’s missed a meeting or turned up late etc. And Wane is making an example of him

• Like 1

There have been whispers about Brisbane players disobeying club rehab orders and drinking while out injured. Presumably this applies to Farnworth and word got back to Wane. A gentle little reminder about professionalism that most young players need at some point, nothing to worry about. 

As far as Walker goes, agree England should be doing everything to get him, but a kid who grew up in Queensland rugby league will struggle to turn down a 10 year origin career...

5 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

There have been whispers about Brisbane players disobeying club rehab orders and drinking while out injured. Presumably this applies to Farnworth and word got back to Wane. A gentle little reminder about professionalism that most young players need at some point, nothing to worry about. 

As far as Walker goes, agree England should be doing everything to get him, but a kid who grew up in Queensland rugby league will struggle to turn down a 10 year origin career...

Does he have to turn down an origin career? I thought they can play origin and still declare for another country if eligible now

2 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Does he have to turn down an origin career? I thought they can play origin and still declare for another country if eligible now

I thought that was tier 2 countries but not New Zealand or England.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

That may well apply to some Broncos players. But you couldn’t be more wrong about Herbie presuming this. 

6 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

I don't really understand why Walker would have any ambition to represent England. He was only here as 1 year old as his dad played a single season for Leeds.

I would have thought his ambitions are Queensland and Australia as every other Aussie kid has.

As for England, let's build a team around the likes of Trueman, Smith and Dodd. They are talented enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I don't really understand why Walker would have any ambition to represent England. He was only here as 1 year old as his dad played a single season for Leeds.

I would have thought his ambitions are Queensland and Australia as every other Aussie kid has.

As for England, let's build a team around the likes of Trueman, Smith and Dodd. They are talented enough.

I assume likewise. But if I was part of the England set up, I'd still ask!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Maybe Wane has been on here and realised that having someone so much better than the rest of the squad could seriously disrupt the balance of the side.

But no one has said that,you’ve just made it up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ghost crayfish said:

I assume likewise. But if I was part of the England set up, I'd still ask!

If I had to choose a player for England who hasn't grown up here it would be Radley. Dad is English so has a strong claim

12 hours ago, Pulga said:

https://streamable.com/cackzj

Sam Walker

England need to do whatever they can to lure this kid to play for them. 

You could build a team around him for the next 10 years+.

He’s a bit good isn’t he ? Pure instinct and natural talent . Lovely to see a young player just playing what he sees 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He’s a bit good isn’t he ? Pure instinct and natural talent . Lovely to see a young player just playing what he sees 

Overcoached robots with no skill or guile!

• Like 2