Swinton "Special Offer" .......

Therein73

Just had a look at the Club's website......... Not decrying the attempt to entice more people to the game, but I thought we had a reciprocal agreement with BATLEY for £10 entrance for season-ticket holders............ The announcement seems to indicate it only applies to SL, Bradford and Sheffield............. ???? 

Can anyone clarify  ????

49 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

Just had a look at the Club's website......... Not decrying the attempt to entice more people to the game, but I thought we had a reciprocal agreement with BATLEY for £10 entrance for season-ticket holders............ The announcement seems to indicate it only applies to SL, Bradford and Sheffield............. ???? 

Can anyone clarify  ????

Baffled if honest

Targeting Sheffield & Bradford fans in any deal is a odd one, yes they play Friday night which leaves them kicking their heels on Sunday afternoon.. But the world club challenge is on TV with a kick off 7pm,so I cannot see Sheffield or Bradford traveling in any numbers. 

Super league season ticket holders get in for £10 anyway. 

Struggling with the logic of this offer. 

The arrangement with Batley applies to all league games except when we play them, I believe.

The other offers are simply an attempt by the club to get a bigger attendance: I fail to see what is wrong with that. The WCC is on Sky - not everyone has Sky.

What is the downside of this offer that you are objecting to?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, coolie said:

Baffled if honest

Targeting Sheffield & Bradford fans in any deal is a odd one, yes they play Friday night which leaves them kicking their heels on Sunday afternoon.. But the world club challenge is on TV with a kick off 7pm,so I cannot see Sheffield or Bradford traveling in any numbers. 

Super league season ticket holders get in for £10 anyway. 

Struggling with the logic of this offer. 

Excellent idea.  Im usually first to complain that we don't try enough things so full marks for trying something...Even if only 5 turn up whats been wasted?

11 hours ago, NickD said:

Excellent idea.  Im usually first to complain that we don't try enough things so full marks for trying something...Even if only 5 turn up whats been wasted?

There is nothing wrong with been proactive at all, and the biggest crime is not trying to expand the clubs support, the baffling bit was where the offer was directed at, yes Bradford I can see that, Sheffield I cannot see that, maybe a community based offer may have been a better option rather than offering a discount to fans of other clubs who won't travel in any numbers, I thought the objective was to expend our own fan base, not milk other teams fans for a tenner. 

1 hour ago, silverback said:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>empty seats cost money..   spot on. fill em up for a fiver and see the food/drink tills ring all afternoon. i used to love a packed stadium way back when.

That's what Batley did

Unfortunately the fiver is a tenner now

I went for a fiver and spent another tenner in bars & food... 

So that's £15 lost. 

On 2/13/2019 at 3:15 PM, Blind side johnny said:

The arrangement with Batley applies to all league games except when we play them, I believe.

The other offers are simply an attempt by the club to get a bigger attendance: I fail to see what is wrong with that. The WCC is on Sky - not everyone has Sky.

What is the downside of this offer that you are objecting to?

Not sure if the "downside" question was for me BSJ..... If it was, I wasn't saying there's a downside - I was seeking clarification regarding the agreement with BATLEY...........which I haven't yet seen mention of on the Rams website.

11 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Not sure if the "downside" question was for me BSJ..... If it was, I wasn't saying there's a downside - I was seeking clarification regarding the agreement with BATLEY...........which I haven't yet seen mention of on the Rams website.

The offer between Dewsbury & Batley is active I believe according to Kevin Nicholas on the Batley forum. 

18 hours ago, Therein73 said:

No it wasn't, it was aimed at those questioning the club when they try to do something and criticising then when they do nothing.

As an aside I hear that we are making a pretty good offer to local amateur clubs for the Toronto game, but I don't want to steal anyone else's thunder.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Can I ask, what was the uptake on this, did it have any bearing on the attendance, or bar takings? I see Barrow are offering a big discount tomorrow, although you have to be there before 1.00.

Attendance was 993, which is 3% up on last year and actually the biggest crowd we've had against Swinton since 2005.

I understand we sold out of the discounted tickets, although I think the club only made a small number available.

I hope it's repeated.

Tom

4 hours ago, Tom Coates said:

Attendance was 993, which is 3% up on last year and actually the biggest crowd we've had against Swinton since 2005.

I understand we sold out of the discounted tickets, although I think the club only made a small number available.

I hope it's repeated.

On the face of it, not a great increase, but it is a step in the right direction. I'm sure if you target these sort of promotions in the right places you will reap some benefit in terms of attendance. Having said that you could do to win a few games as well, that helps swell the crowds.

Archived