Sun 17 Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/19 at 15:00

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really tough to call. Not been impressed by Leeds one bit, whereas Salford have had 2 good results but I haven't actually seen them play yet.

If this was being played in a months time I would back Leeds. By then Leeds new signings should be more up to speed and Salford's skinny squad might be starting to get tested by injury. But for now I think you have to go with form.

Salford by 8

We very rarely get anything from Leeds and I am not sure that this week will be any different.

However, more in hope than expectation, I'll say Salford by less than 10 points.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

49 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If Lui and Hastings turn it on it could be a long 80 mins for Leeds, I am with 'The Legend' when he says that the half back pairing of Myler and Lolohea are probably the worst 6 and 7 combo Leeds have had for a very long time.

Based on two games against last years grand finalists?

Anyway Myler and Moon weren’t very good so even if what you say turns out to be true its not the worst for a very long time!

Anyway, I think it’ll be close with Leeds making more improvements, but I don’t expect us to get any wins from our first 4 away so Salford by 2

FYI: 

Travelling and home fans should be aware  that a large part of the car park (closest to the bridge) currently has a large theme park!

You can either be glass half full or half empty -

Half full  - the attraction does not open until 17:00 on game day ( opens earlier all other days, so special arrangements appear to have been made for the game) and has some great  offers available if you want to make it a special day after the game.

Half Empty - it is even more difficult to park

Just be aware and plan accordingly - I drove past earlier and it looks  pretty awesome!

Rapture_Valentines_PosterA.png

19 hours ago, kiyan said:

FYI: 

Travelling and home fans should be aware  that a large part of the car park (closest to the bridge) currently has a large theme park!

You can either be glass half full or half empty -

Half full  - the attraction does not open until 17:00 on game day ( opens earlier all other days, so special arrangements appear to have been made for the game) and has some great  offers available if you want to make it a special day after the game.

Half Empty - it is even more difficult to park

Just be aware and plan accordingly - I drove past earlier and it looks  pretty awesome!

Rapture_Valentines_PosterA.png

Just had an email from Salford. The funfair is open from 12.30 before the game with free admission for ticket holders.  The club have also got a ten piece band performing outside the stadium before the game. 

On 2/14/2019 at 12:55 PM, MZH said:

Bookies have Salford as the slightest of slight favourites. They are 5/6 to win in 80 minutes. Leeds 21/20

Salford were earlier in the week, Leeds must be heavily backed as Leeds are now favourites. A Leeds win will see the bookies lose a few quid on this one, a rare occasion that will make victory even sweeter. 

13 hours ago, redsi42 said:

Just had an email from Salford. The funfair is open from 12.30 before the game with free admission for ticket holders.  The club have also got a ten piece band performing outside the stadium before the game. 

This is the kind of thing all clubs and the governing bodies should be looking to do, some event around the actual game.

I know a lot clubs' budgets might not stretch far and it might no always be feasible, but something to make the day feel like an event rather than a chore, i know a lot of people ridiculed Keighley and then Bradford, but it was something that worked, Batley do something similar, with local farm shops barbecues and local breweries providing a variety of beers and sometimes a band on, and a bouncy castle for the kids etc.

The game has gone a bit stale, on and off the pitch for many, what with the 2 hour games and the fan unfriendly structures lately, we should be looking at ways to get people back, as well as attract new fans, offering cheap tickets to sit in a squashed seat at Anfield isn't the answer either.

Now 14-20, Reds down to 12 with a sin binning.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived