1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Sydney Roosters by 1 to 6 points
    • Sydney Roosters by 7 to 12 points
    • Sydney Roosters by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/19 at 19:45

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

I'll be optimistic and go for Wigan by between 7 and 12. Oh, and any Aussie who reckons we're a talentless void can't have watched Parramatta lately!

Id like to see a Wigan win.  They should be fitter but whether they can match the power game of the Roosters is another question.   

A blitz from the word go will be the plan, imo, and Wigan will be confident although nervous (as they should be).  They have been rank outsiders in this comp before and confounded critics, so a win is certainly possible.

Win or lose I absolutely adore the World Club Challenge and there isn't much I'd change about it.

I can understand other people's criticism of the WCC but I think it's an event that really works.

My suggestion would be having the Northern hemisphere hosting it every other year and the Southern hemisphere hosting it every two years 

On 2/13/2019 at 12:39 PM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Supporting the Roosters this weekend, I simply don’t buy the “the whole of the  Rugby League in the U.K. should be behind  Wigan” spiel spouted by Adrian Lam or whoever the English side is that gets to play in it. 

A Wigan win means nothing, ultimately, unless you’re a Wigan fan and then it’s a pretty big event and I respect that but for the wider game as a whole, Wigan’s win doesn’t change anything. Wigan win and it doesn’t change the Australian’s view on the competition of the WCC, the Super League or the International game. Wigan, Bradford, Saints and Leeds have won the WCC in the Super League era and there’s never been any changes from the Australian’s as a result of this. Roosters lose and it will barely cause a ripple down under, it’ll be seen as a glorified friendly, they’ll move on and focus on the NRL. Roosters win and the attitude will be “yeah, so what? You were expected to beat them”. 

A Wigan win also doesn’t change the view of the game in the UK either. A win and there suddenly won’t be a swell of new sponsors, investors and spectators into the game. It potentially won’t get a mention on national news because there will be the usual Football, Cricket, Rugby Union, F1 etc ranked above it by TV companies. 

There’s really no actual benefit to Rugby League here that Wigan win this and besides, I don’t really want Wigan to win a game of tiddlywinks (as I’d expect them to be of St Helens should we ever reach a final and win one again), so why would I support them because of the fact they are playing an Australian team? 

As for the game, I think Roosters will probably edge it based on quality but it will be close because Wigan will be fitter due to the different stages both teams are at in their seasons. 

You really should get off the fence. ??

I don't think that many people realise that Trent Robinson is a very ambitious man, despite his very calm physical demeanour. He really wants to win this one, to add to his resume of achievements. The fact that he has arranged training sessions with both Toulouse (where he used to play) and St Helens (where the current coach Justin Holbrook is his former assistant) shows his seriousness.

It is a pity for the true fans of rugby league that young superstar Latrell Mitchell will not be playing (he narrowly chose to represent the Indigenous All Stars vs the New Zealand Maoris on this Friday). But the Sydney Roosters have such an array of talent that the game will be worth watching even if it is not competitive. The Roosters halves Cooper Cronk and Luke Keary, and the full back James Tedesco are the aces in the Roosters side, but centre Joseph Manu and new young loose forward Victor Radley are also likely to put on a good show.

I predict that the Wigan pack will put up a good performance, but that the gulf of talent in the back lines will show up eventually. The Roosters will score more than 30 points, probably scoring at least seven tries, missing several conversions because regular goal kicker Mitchell is not available (prop Taukeiaho is a decent goal kicker but not on the field for 80 minutes) and the Roosters will win by 36-12.

Wigan are starting a new match day bus service, the first runs are this weekend for the WCC game there are 4 services.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019-02-12-warriors-launch-matchday-bus-service

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:39 PM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Supporting the Roosters this weekend, I simply don’t buy the “the whole of the  Rugby League in the U.K. should be behind  Wigan” spiel spouted by Adrian Lam or whoever the English side is that gets to play in it. 

A Wigan win means nothing, ultimately, unless you’re a Wigan fan and then it’s a pretty big event and I respect that but for the wider game as a whole, Wigan’s win doesn’t change anything. Wigan win and it doesn’t change the Australian’s view on the competition of the WCC, the Super League or the International game. Wigan, Bradford, Saints and Leeds have won the WCC in the Super League era and there’s never been any changes from the Australian’s as a result of this. Roosters lose and it will barely cause a ripple down under, it’ll be seen as a glorified friendly, they’ll move on and focus on the NRL. Roosters win and the attitude will be “yeah, so what? You were expected to beat them”. 

A Wigan win also doesn’t change the view of the game in the UK either. A win and there suddenly won’t be a swell of new sponsors, investors and spectators into the game. It potentially won’t get a mention on national news because there will be the usual Football, Cricket, Rugby Union, F1 etc ranked above it by TV companies. 

There’s really no actual benefit to Rugby League here that Wigan win this and besides, I don’t really want Wigan to win a game of tiddlywinks (as I’d expect them to be of St Helens should we ever reach a final and win one again), so why would I support them because of the fact they are playing an Australian team? 

As for the game, I think Roosters will probably edge it based on quality but it will be close because Wigan will be fitter due to the different stages both teams are at in their seasons. 

Well I jumped out of bed this morning ready for another exciting day ahead.

Then I read this and went back to bed... there really is no point in anything really, we are just bags of water waiting for death.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Well I jumped out of bed this morning ready for another exciting day ahead.

The I read this and went back to bed... there really is no point in anything really, we are just bags of water waiting for death.

You are Radiohead, and I claim my £5...!

15 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

This game should have been played two weekends after coordinated Grand Finals of 2018 to have been a real climax to last season, and with the advantage of Wigan's now departed stars being still on board..

Have roosters not sold/bought anyone then?

Can't see anything other than a comprehensive Roosters victory. Hopefully i'm completely wrong but i am actually a bit worried about what the scoreline will be.

Looking forward to seeing Victor Radley (if he plays). Think this kid is gonna be a superstar.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived