Dual reg

Dog forever

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As in the other thread, if it is used as it was originally intended, to bring young lads through, I've no objection to DR.

However, it needs to be limited to two DR or loan players per game. I'd also stipulate that the players have to be under 23 year old to be allowed to go on DR with another club.

12 hours ago, greavesy said:

A big NO from me. Bring back the reserves. The main reason I suspect that super league won enough support to change the league structures were the votes from teams who have become dependent on DR . Stop it now it devalues the championship.

you couldn't be farther from the truth if you really tried FEV who use it voted against it and a lot of teams who now don't use it including your selves voted to bring it in so run that past me again votes from teams who have become dependent on DR

4 hours ago, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

I’m against the idea. But would teams like Hunslet have survived without it?

Well yes we would have , we had enough players and we did go down with duel reg twice . Having said that at the time i like being duel reg with Leeds as we had the likes of Jimmy Keinhorst , Paul Mc Shane , Jordan Lilley  and others who all played well for us , it was great to see these players playing for Hunslet but we just had a poor coach who was more interested in being at Leeds. I wouldn't want it back though as all it does is devalue your own players , and can easy get bad morale in the club from the players as well as fans. We did get a lot of stick for it at the time from clubs supporters who now use it and now think it's Ok. 

Personally DR provides a short term fix for clubs but lacks any strategic planning. 

Not long ago SL clubs wanted a larger share of the TV deal which was widely condemned by all Championship fans. To me DR is one of the contributing factors to SL clubs not valuing the Championship competition. If I were a SL owner and I was sending 4 players to a club each week then the Championship team wanted more money on top of that I'd be questioning why.

Until Championship clubs prove they can stand alone and not be reliant on SL, the SL owners/chairman will always think they should get a bigger share of the pot. 

No other sport has/required a system like this. Loans should remain as an option (minimum 1 month before recall). 

6 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Presumably it was also wrong and distorted the table when Batley reached the Grand Final, escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth and finished in the Top 4?

To be fair there are supporters here who consistently argued against duel reg when we were using it, and no doubt the same is true of Fev.  I have mixed feelings in that I have enjoyed seeing quality players in the Championship but prefer a  loan system rather than a system that leans towards a Senior/Junior club relationship.  So I guess you can put me down as a No. 

31 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

So, if Fev ended their DR agreement with Leeds tomorrow, how many clubs do you reckon would be rushing to try and take their place? I guess none of those supported by those who've posted on here, eh? :wink:

This thread is nothing to do with which clubs want d/r , it all about the paying supporter.

Following the Singketon etc job at Fev, now Leigh have Saints last season's first choice half back, could we please take the peace as well, maybe? In the words of the old TV advert, 'Can we have one Dad?'.

9 hours ago, POR said:

you couldn't be farther from the truth if you really tried FEV who use it voted against it and a lot of teams who now don't use it including your selves voted to bring it in so run that past me again votes from teams who have become dependent on DR

I repeat Featherstone have sold their soul in pursuit of success. How will you fare when Leeds inevitably pick up injuries . If Featherstone voted against it why are you using it to fill approx.  half of your starting 13. And as for Batley voting for it I did not like it then and do not like it now. That is in line with many true supporters of RL.

Archived