Swinton Sunday

NickD

Enjoy being above us in league. We are getting the tough ones out of the way

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Rochdale ?I thought we were playing Swinton ?

Lol that's what you get when you say into Google shi.t team ova pennines.. First one come back as Manchester United, but it changed second go when I inserted "rugby league" lol

Paul Sykes was the difference for me. 7/7 kicks, lead you round the park like the experienced pro he is. Lots of discontent about Littler among our fans. I personally can't see what he's done to warrant keeping his job. There wasn't a moment in the game where we(Swinton) looked in control.

Congrats and good luck for the rest of the season!

54 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

Paul Sykes was the difference for me. 7/7 kicks, lead you round the park like the experienced pro he is. Lots of discontent about Littler among our fans. I personally can't see what he's done to warrant keeping his job. There wasn't a moment in the game where we(Swinton) looked in control.

Congrats and good luck for the rest of the season!

I agree 100% about Sykes, but if he gets injured we will be in trouble..

I thought you looked very good going forward but as the score line suggest your defence needs a bit of work.  Both your 7 and 34 gave you loads of options and you looked like you could score every time you attacked our right..

22 minutes ago, NickD said:

I thought you looked very good going forward but as the score line suggest your defence needs a bit of work.  Both your 7 and 34 gave you loads of options and you looked like you could score every time you attacked our right..

34 is Harry Smith on loan from Wigan for a month. His kicking was off today. Theres talk that he'll deffo get some Super League games this season so we'll enjoy him whilst hes here. 

7 is Fairclough, young lad we signed from Saints acadamy. Really rate him and hes at the heart of everything we do. His discipline lets him and us down too often though. Sin Binned again yesterday. Them 2s ages put together is about the same age as Sykes! We'd love an old head like that to lead the lads round the park!

I agree I thought Sykes had a very good game - I seem to remember he wasn't very popular with the Dewsbury fans a couple of seasons ago - but I rated him then and did again yesterday. Swinton blew themselves apart - not completing sets and poor discipline to get a team warning in both halves is hard to do and of course Fairclough getting sin binned provided the opportuning for Worrincy's interception - which won the match for Dewsbury.

Even though he scored against us - it is still exciting to see a player score a try having run the length of the field.

Good luck for the rest of the season - I think Swinton will need it...……..

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Think having Simon Brown doing the field kicking and some organising gas taken the pressure off Sykes a bit.

20 hours ago, wayne_r said:

I agree I thought Sykes had a very good game - I seem to remember he wasn't very popular with the Dewsbury faithful a couple of seasons ago

Oi... Nowt to do with the Dewsbury Faithful, they're independent group who raise funds for the club, so we would appreciate if you could change the post to Dewsbury fan's rather than Dewsbury Faithful cheers.. I know it's a bit pedantic and the change will stop fans going"how come you've fallen out with sykes"

Cheers Coolie 

Highlights from Sunday (I might as well do this as no-one else seems bothered).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

And on viewing a second time it looks little better- paper thin defence does not augur well for the games against the likes of Widnes, TWP and Toulouse or even Dewsbury cast offs (aka Sheffield). However I will keep the faith as you would expect from a man of the cloth and let’s see how demoralised Barrow are this week after their mauling.

2 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

And on viewing a second time it looks little better- paper thin defence does not augur well for the games against the likes of Widnes, TWP and Toulouse or even Dewsbury cast offs (aka Sheffield). However I will keep the faith as you would expect from a man of the cloth and let’s see how demoralised Barrow are this week after their mauling.

Truly shocking defence and thought it  looked good against York.  Let’s hope Barrow are demoralised rather than fired up and hoping to make amends.  

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Thanks for posting this.

There was just no stopping Rob Worrincy for that interception try.

He wasn't even going full tilt was he?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Let's hope Barrow haven't spotted Worrincy and Daniel I's defence. Put Walshaw back in the centre.

Sykes to centre, Brown to stand off and Thomas to scrum half. Think the problem defence is in the centre. Iggy is a good second row, as is Walshaw, but neither are, or ever will be centres. Reckon Worrincy will become nearly (but not quite) as popular as Eddie, if he stays fit and available.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

37 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Sykes to centre, Brown to stand off and Thomas to scrum half. Think the problem defence is in the centre. Iggy is a good second row, as is Walshaw, but neither are, or ever will be centres. Reckon Worrincy will become nearly (but not quite) as popular as Eddie, if he stays fit and available.

I don't pretend to have an answer ... but it has to be fixed!!  We are a soft touch down that right side!!   Iggy is not and never will be a centre!!  Walshaw at least has an understanding of the role and tackles his heart out!!  ..... but what has Leeming done wrong????  Is he injured??   ...... as it is said if you do what you've always done you will get what you always got!!   So please no Iggy at centre this weekend!! 

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

We need Sykes at 6. He needs to be at the heart of things.  I’d actually quite like to see a centre playing in the centre. Surely we have one at least?  Are they all injured?? Maybe the club could update us ????

3 hours ago, NickD said:

We need Sykes at 6. He needs to be at the heart of things.  I’d actually quite like to see a centre playing in the centre. Surely we have one at least?  Are they all injured?? Maybe the club could update us ????

I believe even Leeming is just a converted second row, so it's quite possible we haven't. There's a lot of truth in the adage that if a square peg doesn't fit in a round hole, neither the peg or the hole are to blame. It seems that at the rams, successive coaches have refused to acknowledge the actual shape of the peg. Please, to all those concerned in team matters, try and find a loanee centre, we really are alright for back rowers.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived