Nou Camp

Tickets for the Nou Camp are now on sale. €30 cat 1, €25 cat 2, €20 cat 3. Only the first and second tier are on sale with the top tier closed, which is sensible. What is the capacity without the top tier?

Hopefully the Super League record attendance can be broken, i’m expecting it will be.

http://www.catalansdragons.com/articles-9/179-6708-camp-nou-infos-billetterie/

9 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Tickets for the Nou Camp are now on sale. €30 cat 1, €25 cat 2, €20 cat 3. Only the first and second tier are on sale with the top tier closed, which is sensible. What is the capacity without the top tier?

Hopefully the Super League record attendance can be broken, i’m expecting it will be.

http://www.catalansdragons.com/articles-9/179-6708-camp-nou-infos-billetterie/

Isn’t it about 90k without the top tier. I think that should be enough. 

My son and I have booked flights and hotel so at least two people will be there. 

Does anyone know whether Wigan & Catalan fans are going to head to any particular area of the ground? 

I'll be there with Mrs. Las Palmas. She's already been to a few of the big grounds, The Home Of Legends that is Post Office Road plus Dewsbury, Wakey and Hull KR, so she's ready to slum it at the Nou Camp.

I was going to suggest a TRL meet up, you know, the usual thing. An exclusive soiree for sophisticated hipsters where we could chat about poetry and Ralph Rimmer exclusively in castellaño to annoy the locals. But then I thought it might get hijacked by pie-eaters.

But still, if anyone knows an acceptable hostelry in the vicinity.....

4 hours ago, newbe said:

All booked,  think it will be a record crowd for a S/L game. People who do not follow league will go just because of the iconic venue.

People from where? 

Not knocking your post and I admire the enthusiasm, just curious about your theory

I can see neutral RLfans going purely because of the venue, but surely anyone else drawn purely because of the venue could pretty easily go and watch FC Barcelona?

I can definitely see mates, partners and family of RL fans tagging along because of the stadium and city though

47 minutes ago, Gorbals said:

People from where? 

Not knocking your post and I admire the enthusiasm, just curious about your theory

I can see neutral RLfans going purely because of the venue, but surely anyone else drawn purely because of the venue could pretty easily go and watch FC Barcelona?

I can definitely see mates, partners and family of RL fans tagging along because of the stadium and city though

I suspect the idea is that people in Barcelona will go to check it out on the basis that it isn't FCB playing. The novelty of seeing something different in the stadium. French rugby final a few years back sold out Camp Nou. It's possible they were all from France, but I suspect a decent number was from the city among people who probably watch very little rugby if at all. 

4 hours ago, Gorbals said:

People from where? 

Hopefully some deal has been struck with Barcelona FC, such as they keep 50% of revenue from tickets sold through them.

Barcelona FC have 29 million twitter followers, that’s over 150 times more than the number Leeds have. Leeds have the most followers of any RL club. A small amount of promotion from Barcelona, such as a couple of tweets to sales on their website, could easily see say 20,000 tickets sold. 

Archived