Match Thread: Leigh v Featherstone Rovers v Sunday 17th February 2019

marklaspalmas

A DUEL is what it is becoming Madrednige. Keeping that in mind do you think it is an omen? With duels seconds are involved. Is this is a prediction that we are going to be around second in the league?  

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to predict this one.

We were outstanding for 80 minutes against Toulouse, but 'Fax made us look very ordinary last week. The team (of mainly local lads) certainly responded to the crowd in the home game, and should do that again tomorrow.

A few weeks ago, I would have had us down to beat you, (despite our disrupted pre-season) but you seem to have recruited very well recently. Should be another good game. I hope you are coming over in numbers.

41 minutes ago, AlanE said:

Difficult to predict this one.

We were outstanding for 80 minutes against Toulouse, but 'Fax made us look very ordinary last week. The team (of mainly local lads) certainly responded to the crowd in the home game, and should do that again tomorrow.

A few weeks ago, I would have had us down to beat you, (despite our disrupted pre-season) but you seem to have recruited very well recently. Should be another good game. I hope you are coming over in numbers.

2 coach fulls from the Junction pub setting off at 9.30 so we will be in good voice, hope they dont run out of beer

No Carey no Davies, and 28-14 down with 20 minutes to go. Rovers flattering to deceive once again

It will be interesting to hear the views of the  match on this post in due course.

Better team won overall but wouldn't be too downhearted. Not sure why Davies and Carey didn't play and Cam Smith a late call up by Leeds, then Ormondroyd was injured in first few minutes and although he tried to come back in 2nd half he only lasted a few minutes. So that was 2 of our subs used, we had a wing on the bench (Render) who was presumably meant to be 18th or 19th man who we didn't use either.

Played well in the 1st half and were good value for our lead, one of their tries was very lucky from a kick ricochet, but we gave away some soft penalties and then two tries from running plays on the 6th tackle. 

Leigh deserved to win, unsurprisingly Ridyard was very influential, I think both teams look in the 5th to 7th place bracket at the moment.

We did score a couple of cracking tries in fairness. We aren't a bad team, just lacking a killer instinct and still giving away too many soft penalties.

14 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

The ref was bias against us....

Obviously he was, we lost. He'd have been best ever had we won, thems the rules. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Fev had a lot of ball first half, thanks to the penalty count and some astute short kicking to your right forcing 3/4 drop outs. Fev looked a lot bigger and with the ball went in ahead at HT although imo it should have been by more - your 6/7 cant pass.

Leigh had a lot more ball second half and a very high completion, this had the bigger Fev lads gasping a bit and Leigh took advantage but the best try was Fevs last close to FT.

Decent game with a ref I am less than fond of

18 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Fev had a lot of ball first half, thanks to the penalty count and some astute short kicking to your right forcing 3/4 drop outs. Fev looked a lot bigger and with the ball went in ahead at HT although imo it should have been by more - your 6/7 cant pass.

Leigh had a lot more ball second half and a very high completion, this had the bigger Fev lads gasping a bit and Leigh took advantage but the best try was Fevs last close to FT.

Decent game with a ref I am less than fond of

Did duffy gets loads of sh*t from our fans?

Cant do anything when you are starved of any ball and any ball you do have is near your line 

That was the story of the second half - very slim pickings we had

What i will say is the lads cant be blamed for a lack of effort and commitment - think dragging a leigh player out into touch virtually on FT emphasised that

Dont know what was said at HT but that first 20 mins of the second half cost us the game 

We barely gave Leigh a sniff till then - their 2 tries in the first half came off their only two ventures into our 10 and we were good value for the lead

Unfortuneatly we do what we always do and let the star players play in dinner jackets - riddy this week, no doubt murrell will play in one next week

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Am i obese??? ???

I suppose you could expect "you can stick your John Duffy up your ares"  and even "Ridyard is a self abuser"  but I draw the line at "Ridyard is  a paedo"

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

6 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Cant do anything when you are starved of any ball and any ball you do have is near your line 

That was the story of the second half - very slim pickings we had

What i will say is the lads cant be blamed for a lack of effort and commitment - think dragging a leigh player out into touch virtually on FT emphasised that

Dont know what was said at HT but that first 20 mins of the second half cost us the game 

We barely gave Leigh a sniff till then - their 2 tries in the first half came off their only two ventures into our 10 and we were good value for the lead

Unfortuneatly we do what we always do and let the star players play in dinner jackets - riddy this week, no doubt murrell will play in one next week

Plus they scored their second try when Brad Day was in the sin bin! Should be a much stronger side next week with Hardcastle back and Davies and Lockwood over their illnesses? Is Bussey available next week or is it for the Widnes game?

Archived