Credit where it’s due

Credit where it’s due to the RFL for streaming last nights Championship fixture via the OurLeague app. With Sky reluctant to show Championship Rugby League with the exception of Toronto, streaming games is a great idea. 

How was this possible as I thought Sky held the rights to show the Championship? Was this a one off or can we expect a games to be shown on OurLeague regularly? 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Credit where it’s due to the RFL for streaming last nights Championship fixture via the OurLeague app. With Sky reluctant to show Championship Rugby League with the exception of Toronto, streaming games is a great idea. 

How was this possible as I thought Sky held the rights to show the Championship? Was this a one off or can we expect a games to be shown on OurLeague regularly? 

Who knows? Maybe the RFL have negotiated permission since last season, or maybe that was always an option in the contract, but the shooting and streaming infrastucture was still being tested out last year with occasional C1 games. 

If last night's anything to go by, a lot of bugs appear to have been ironed out.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Enjoyed the game last night and the Newcastle v Doncaster game today, as you say credit where its due. I think George Riley and Andrew (it was Andrew wasn't it?) Henderson are pretty good on it and  I'm looking forward to more games during the season

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

18 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Enjoyed the game last night and the Newcastle v Doncaster game today, as you say credit where its due. I think George Riley and Andrew (it was Andrew wasn't it?) Henderson are pretty good on it and  I'm looking forward to more games during the season

Caught the back end of the coverage this afternoon. Was very impressed with the presentation and the quality of the stream.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Two matches in two days, and the stream didn't falter once - for me at least. Riley and Henderson add an experienced touch to the commentary, and there are some extra touches like PIP replays that weren't there last year..

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Does anyone know if you can put the Ourleague app on to a smart TV? last night and today I watched the games on a tablet and in the past I've connected the laptop to the television via an HDMI lead but if there are going to be regular games it would be great if I could just click on a pre-set page

100% League 0% Union

18 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Does anyone know if you can put the Ourleague app on to a smart TV? last night and today I watched the games on a tablet and in the past I've connected the laptop to the television via an HDMI lead but if there are going to be regular games it would be great if I could just click on a pre-set page

Wondered the same thing myself. If it's available on the website then you could ChromeCast it, but it seems it's only available on the app?

18 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Don't know if there's an app, but you can cast it from the web player to your TV.

Can't cast from the mobile app though.

46 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Wondered the same thing myself. If it's available on the website then you could ChromeCast it, but it seems it's only available on the app?

44 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Don't know if there's an app, but you can cast it from the web player to your TV.

Can't cast from the mobile app though.

19 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

If you've got a console such as PS4 or Xbox you can stream it direct through TV via the browser. Had the great pleasure of watching the Dons on the big screen without a single stutter

Thanks gents, after I posted this I saved the web page to the favourites on the TV browser so I'll give it a go on the next stream. I also tried to download the mobile app on to the television but it won't download

100% League 0% Union

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I don't have the app; it is available on the website too.

My TV has a built-in browser so it is on the main screen, but if it didn't, I could just cast it from the laptop or use the Silk browser on my Fire TV Stick.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I don't have the app; it is available on the website too.

My TV has a built-in browser so it is on the main screen, but if it didn't, I could just cast it from the laptop or use the Silk browser on my Fire TV Stick.

I’ve only ever used the mobile app (including yesterday while at the Bolton v Norwich game!) so I was asking for myself as well to be fair. 

Archived