Alex Rowe

bromleybulldog

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

I'm not sure it was a blunder, how long did he last yesterday, 20 minutes max. in a game very much slower than the tempo of the Championship? 

You cannot afford players that can only last for 20 minutes now the number of substitutions has reduced. 

Agree with this. Yesterday, I kept expecinghimto come on to really push Newcastle forward when they were struggling, but if he came on I didn't really notice him.

I was sad to see him go, as he was one of my favourite players, but I think the time was maybe right.

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Agree with this. Yesterday, I kept expecinghimto come on to really push Newcastle forward when they were struggling, but if he came on I didn't really notice him.

I was sad to see him go, as he was one of my favourite players, but I think the time was maybe right.

He was one of my favourites too, totally agree with you in saying I was sad to see him go, but I'm sure Diskin's gone with a group of forwards that can play big minutes in response to the interchange rules changing. In fairness to him, I cannot fault his logic.

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Yes, strange. Alex unstoppable when he came on, then seemed to disappear from the scene just when Newcastle could have done with him.

Archived