Racial hatred in Salford

Just reading the news about a family who have had “no blacks” painted on their door (and other doors in the building) in Salford. 

Though the police were called they haven’t been round in the first week after being notified. I know they’re massively understaffed and underfunded at the moment but these things do historically escalate if they aren’t dealt with. 

I must admit I didn’t think things went this far in the uk. I hope the perpetrator(s) are caught and dealt with. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/17/no-blacks-graffiti-painted-on-door-of-10-year-olds-salford-home?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

33 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Racial hatred has happened in the past. No big deal. That is how it works right? 

Racial hatred is always a big deal.  However, it has never stopped, and never will.  That doesn't mean we as a society shouldn't challenge it when it does happen but while battles may be won the war will never end as there will always be racists.

Graffiti like this pops up now and again, unfortunately.  

1 hour ago, Saint 1 said:

Racial hatred has happened in the past. No big deal. That is how it works right? 

People will always be racist is the other one. Or: everyone is racist, really. That one gets an airing too.

Incidentally, if I'm following this right on twitter, Salford Red Devils have stepped in and the family have been given and/or are getting free tickets to a home match as part of a programme to show community cohesion in Salford.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

People will always be racist is the other one. Or: everyone is racist, really. That one gets an airing too.

Incidentally, if I'm following this right on twitter, Salford Red Devils have stepped in and the family have been given and/or are getting free tickets to a home match as part of a programme to show community cohesion in Salford.

Haven’t they been through enough. 

7 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

When I went to the US in the 1970s there was racism there too.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

When I was a kid, there was notices in windows where there were rooms to rent, they said No Blacks, No Pakis, No Irish, No Dogs, it seems some things haven't changed in 50 years

My Dads best drinking mate was Irish, the Chippy around the corner that fed us on a regular basis was Pakistani, My first REAL Girlfriend was from Trinidad, & Lived in Moss Side. I never really understood the mentality of the morons that hate people because they are different. My ex-wife is Portuguese/West Indian, the mother of my daughter is Jamaican. I have grown up to be a well rounded (OK, Fat) individual, I love humanity, I love its diversity, I love its creativity.

I hate racial discrimination of any sort. Lancs/Yorks, Wigan/Saints, Villa/Birmingham/WBA, City/Utd, Pool/Toffees, Utd/Weds it all can get a little bit silly. If it could come to a stop, I would be happy, but there are still idiots who thing it is funny to be a...……… #####er.

The father and son who were arrested at the Brighton v WBA game, the idiots who made Aeroplane signs at the Cardiff City game, they are just stupid bum holes (I know, 3 month ban, again), 

Ethnicity in Salford is rare., not diverse. I Moved out in 1988, and it has not changed much since. according to Wikipedia 84.4% were white in Salford,

Ugh, maybe not. 94.09% white in Hastings. Sorry.

Shouldve checked facts before posting

When my Jamaican GF Moved down here from London, we used to play "Spot the Black Person", because she felt so isolated.

Archived