York

Barroooww

I think people need to get away from the fact these are a promoted team. If they were playing in the league last year they'd have comfortably finished 7th IMO.

Unfortunately 2 quality teams have come up. I'm not fearing relegation this year but with the effort which has gone into the squad I was hoping for 26 competitive games. 

40 minutes ago, joe142 said:

Regardless we shouldn't be getting killed by a team like that! We're very naive defensively and don't test the ref. Both toals and hulme are big misses IMO

Loxam and star Doing a good job on the wings in my opinion, last week spedding was the best thing since sliced bread,  one bad week isn’t the end of the world. Hilen and toal and good players no doubt but the lads that are covering are doing a good job

Got to laugh.Because we are a newly promoted team you shouldn’t get hammered like that.Face the facts,you’ve been literally taken to the cleaners by a fitter,faster,more skillfull,well drilled,more disciplined team.You lot simply weren’t at the races today.Your discipline was embarrassing.

Every team has days like today,It’s how you react the following week that matters now.With the squad you have at your disposal you will be fine.

knightrider.gif

5 minutes ago, knightrider said:

Got to laugh.Because we are a newly promoted team you shouldn’t get hammered like that.Face the facts,you’ve been literally taken to the cleaners by a fitter,faster,more skillfull,well drilled,more disciplined team.You lot simply weren’t at the races today.Your discipline was embarrassing.

Every team has days like today,It’s how you react the following week that matters now.With the squad you have at your disposal you will be fine.

You took us to the cleaners. You and the bulls aren't a standard promoted team, you are literally in the mix with 8 teams who will be aiming for the play offs. 

Barrow were poor but I'd still back us to beat you at home. Based on early fixtures it's going to be an unpredictable season. 

21 minutes ago, RSN said:

You took us to the cleaners. You and the bulls aren't a standard promoted team, you are literally in the mix with 8 teams who will be aiming for the play offs. 

Barrow were poor but I'd still back us to beat you at home. Based on early fixtures it's going to be an unpredictable season. 

The thing is, York's supporters don't necessarily see us as fighting for a play off place this season, though we obviously hope we will. We do not have a big budget, and have a small squad, but we have a mixture of youth and experience who give 100% every time they play.  We matched Toronto for 70 minutes, last week we turned a 16 point deficit over in the last 25 minutes to win at Dewsbury. Today, how many times were Barrow players held up over the York line? They don't know when, or how, to give in. There were some fantastic tries today.

Also it seems that both the rugby and football are at home on the same wkends with the way the fixtures have worked out with some fans wanting to support both like myslef its too expensive to do both in same wkend so a choice of which one to goto will have to be made 

Guys,

being newly promoted is nothing to do with it,  I’ll give you a clue, ‘fitness’, Fordy has our lads very fit and it will get us through games at this level, just like it did last year.

You have some real quality but honestly from 30mins onwards they just didn’t look fit. I rate Jonno Smith a lot from his days at Crusaders and Rochdale, he was your best player today but looks 2 stone too heavy. 

Long way to go for both our clubs and no easy games as you know. 

Think you missed Dallimore a lot as his kicking game is great, not sure too many sides would have stood toe to toe with us today, immense performance. 

andypk.gif

On 2/17/2019 at 8:09 PM, red square said:

Another problem with a "performance" like that is that we are playing Dewsbury at home when Man Utd and Liverpool are playing. Would anyone like to guess how many are going to say sod it and watch the soccer (which is their right) following a result like the one at York

It seems like a good reason to go and watch the rugby to me!

• 5 months later...
On 17/02/2019 at 20:11, RSN said:

Barrow were poor but I'd still back us to beat you at home. 

I wouldn’t. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 17/02/2019 at 22:58, ANDYPK said:

Guys,

being newly promoted is nothing to do with it,  I’ll give you a clue, ‘fitness’, Fordy has our lads very fit and it will get us through games at this level, just like it did last year.

You have some real quality but honestly from 30mins onwards they just didn’t look fit. I rate Jonno Smith a lot from his days at Crusaders and Rochdale, he was your best player today but looks 2 stone too heavy. 

Long way to go for both our clubs and no easy games as you know. 

Think you missed Dallimore a lot as his kicking game is great, not sure too many sides would have stood toe to toe with us today, immense performance. 

Dallimore does not have a great kicking game .

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

I wouldn’t. 

you must really live a sad life.....to once again dig up posts from 6 months ago....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived