Fouad Yaha back at Catalan

Steve McNamara has now a great choice of riches. His player roster now includes three very good wingers (Broughton, Tierney and Yaha) competing for two wing spots, as well as having two other outstanding attacking backs (Sam Tomkins and Tony Gigot) who can play in different back line positions.

Yaha, who is only 23, will be a good long term boost for the French national side as well.

Hasn't been away long enough for his skills to have atrophied. Welcome back.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Steve McNamara has now a great choice of riches. His player roster now includes three very good wingers (Broughton, Tierney and Yaha) competing for two wing spots, as well as having two other outstanding attacking backs (Sam Tomkins and Tony Gigot) who can play in different back line positions.

Yaha, who is only 23, will be a good long term boost for the French national side as well.

Broughton’s 31 and has played just 19 games in the past two years. I can’t see him being around Super League too much longer. 

Happy he's back. He's a good winger and can be part of a good backline. 

Its a tough transition for players who don't have some background in Union from school boy days and Yahas power game and lack of kicking ability means he may not have been the best candidate for Union. Its good he gave it a go, and there's no shame in realising its not for him. Charnley has been very good since he got back so hopefully Yaha can be the same. 

20 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Happy he's back. He's a good winger and can be part of a good backline. 

Its a tough transition for players who don't have some background in Union from school boy days and Yahas power game and lack of kicking ability means he may not have been the best candidate for Union. Its good he gave it a go, and there's no shame in realising its not for him. Charnley has been very good since he got back so hopefully Yaha can be the same. 

I thought he played union/came from union to the Dragons.

May be wrong but good to see him back any way 

4 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

A good synopsis of the situation, MM. Yaha is a good, attacking winger.

If I have a slight concern about him, it is to do with his positional sense when he is defending; included in that is his propensity to shoot out of the line and then be too late to close down the player he tackles.  However, he is young, and can learn through improved mental discipline and on-field training.

Archived