Wow!

Fenton Knight

44 minutes ago, BarraFan said:

Early days yet

It is yes. I thought today would be a cracking close encounter, but York were a different class. However Barrow didn't help themselves, the discipline and backchat to the ref got them into a fair bit bother. If they don't sort that out they will struggle.

Quite a lot of high shots. One on report for I think for use of knees. I don’t know how the barrow lad never scored when he went over late in 1st half. Some quality stuff from the kneets

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Was very surprised how poor Barrow were today. Kicking game non existant and the forwards made little ground. Seemed to let their heads drops very early and felt sorry for the two busloads that had a wasted journey after such little effort from the players. Defensivley they were ripped to shreds as well which considering they had won at Batley and only just failed to draw with Sheffield was a real head scratcher. 

SUPERCALIFAGILISTICXPIALIDOIOUS it was as stunning a performance i have seen in years from a Knights team ,fast flowing rugby league with a humongous defence no matter how you butter it Barrow were totally out played in every department ,yes they had 4/5 players out the likes of  Dallimore,and the controversial Hock,but  had Barrow brought a fully fit side  we would have still won we were on fire, score line might have been different but the result would have been the same, you were superb Knights and Benny C was outstanding with his mom display and congratulations on you 350th  appearance, and what an appearance there were several candidates for the mom  but Benny run the show from start to finish, excellent day for us supporters  take a bow Mr Ford,similar next Sunday will do me fine against the Bulls

well done Mighty Knees

Barrow were not as fit as the Knights, you could tell after 20 minutes, ok they had a couple of players missing and so had York, looks like the Knights players have bought into Fordys way of thinking, yesterdays performance was one of the best ive seen in over 60 years of supporting them, just got to do it week in, week out, thanks guys.

I though Barrow's hooker yesterday was absolutely gash. His distribution was so slow and telegraphed our lads had moved up about 8 metres before he'd even released the ball. No way on earth they were going to be able to build anything attack wise and it meant they were all knackered after about 30 minutes of playing one man rugby.

Not many teams outside of SL would have lived with us yesterday, if we can be consistently as good in defence then we'll do very well indeed.

Great stuff indeed.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

22 hours ago, KNIGHTS said:

Was very surprised how poor Barrow were today. Kicking game non existant and the forwards made little ground. Seemed to let their heads drops very early and felt sorry for the two busloads that had a wasted journey after such little effort from the players. Defensivley they were ripped to shreds as well which considering they had won at Batley and only just failed to draw with Sheffield was a real head scratcher. 

Don't you think it might have had a bit to do with how well the Knights played??

First match of the season for me (missed the Wolfpack but got my flights for the return fixture!) Was expecting a really hard game, after 20 minutes one try to the good and an interception, with Barrow having multiple sets camped on our line. But then over as a contest by half time. What an absolutely stunning performance in defence and attack, worth every point of the 56 going forward and worth every point of nil (if you see what I mean) holding the line. Wasn't impressed with Barrow in the last quarter when the the game was up, some of the League 1 sides we tonked last season showed more pride and class than that. Can we stop talking about hoodoos now?

Well that was the same type of relentless flowing rugby we saw against West Wales etc, it was non stop and everyone from 1-17 played their part.

I don't get why Barrow looked so uninterested. Only their number 11 had a bit of fire in him. 20-0 down and they are booting it into touch, 26-0 down and they are taking their time forming a scrum, what's that about? I get that the game was lost by then but at least show a bit of fight, get some tries on the board and give the decent travelling support something to cheer about. Imagine if they go down at the end of the season on points difference. I thought Workington were bad last season when they came here and lost 34-0 (I compared them to one of those amateur teams you face in the early rounds of the cup), Barrow were far worse.

And I don't buy the injuries excuse, we had our captain Spears plus arguably one of our top 2/3 forwards Sam Scott out.

Saying that not many teams outside SL would've competed well against that. Same again Sunday please!

Archived