Warrington rugby heritage

Might be of interest to some on here that I’ve just completed a major update to the memorabilia section of my website, having finally got around to archiving my own pre-war Wire programme collection.  This now has over 1,100 images of over 350 pre-war Wire programmes, including 312 complete versions.  Always interested in adding to my collection, or to obtaining more images, so drop me a note if you can help.  Meanwhile, enjoy those that are available here:
https://www.warringtonrugbyheritage.com/memorabilia-programmes

For more information on the Rugby League Record Keepers' Club please visit our official website at www.rugbyleaguerecords.com

6 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

Great work, well done ntw.  A labour of love, no doubt.

If you get round to updating the all-time player list that would be amazing.

I’m working on this right now!  Will be updated to the end of the 2018 season as soon as I get chance (will post back on here when done); it’ll be complemented with an update / completion of the results of every competitive game Wire have ever played.

For more information on the Rugby League Record Keepers' Club please visit our official website at www.rugbyleaguerecords.com

On 2/19/2019 at 5:20 AM, ntw said:

I’m working on this right now!  Will be updated to the end of the 2018 season as soon as I get chance (will post back on here when done); it’ll be complemented with an update / completion of the results of every competitive game Wire have ever played.

Having done this myself with the Doncaster ones, its a labour of love. But, the players I've spoken to about it love the fact that they have their number in a bit of the clubs history. 

I did spot your site appear on Facebook the other morning, and had a look :D

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:58 PM, ntw said:

Might be of interest to some on here that I’ve just completed a major update to the memorabilia section of my website, having finally got around to archiving my own pre-war Wire programme collection.  This now has over 1,100 images of over 350 pre-war Wire programmes, including 312 complete versions.  Always interested in adding to my collection, or to obtaining more images, so drop me a note if you can help.  Meanwhile, enjoy those that are available here:
https://www.warringtonrugbyheritage.com/memorabilia-programmes

Great work, keep it up.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a fabulous resource, for now and future generations. Superb work.

Here's a thing: I dipped in at random, and came up with a programme editorial for a Warrington versus Leigh game in September, 1932. It begins: Today we open our first team home fixtures with a visit from our old rivals from Leigh. Unfortunately, things have not gone too well financially with our friends from Mather Lane during the past few seasons...

Plus ca change, eh? :-)

Archived