Batley Bulldogs

boro hornet

Electric shock therapy will do that to you ?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

It would be nice to see constructive comments from our fans who attended today and how we are progressing with the newly assembled team.  From my distant perspective reading reports,etc we seem to be going in the right direction in what will be a very competitive league - note Swinton’s great performance today.  Below is just one of several favourable comments from the Batley perspective - thanks for those comments.

“On the other side of the coin I have to give credit to Rochdale's attitude which was 1st class and if they had a bit more in pace and attack we would have been looking at a second defeat at home.”

15 minutes ago, glemiln said:

It would be nice to see constructive comments from our fans who attended today and how we are progressing with the newly assembled team.  From my distant perspective reading reports,etc we seem to be going in the right direction in what will be a very competitive league - note Swinton’s great performance today.  Below is just one of several favourable comments from the Batley perspective - thanks for those comments.

“On the other side of the coin I have to give credit to Rochdale's attitude which was 1st class and if they had a bit more in pace and attack we would have been looking at a second defeat at home.”

Thought your guys played some good rugby and broke our line on several occasions and with a bit more luck I think the 2 points could have been yours. I thought we were poor today, but if may be because you shut us down all the time. Good luck for the rest of the season. No easy games in this division for anyone, ask bradford supporters.

Two very average sides yesterday bit of a ground hog with both teams lacking ideas in attack - Hornets defence was probably the biggest positive 

Strange having Adam Lawton on the bench at the start of the game playing down the hill, comes on after 30 mins and scores with vertually his first touch of the ball and then almost scored an identical try a couple of minutes later but knocked on when reaching to ground the ball.

The lad from Warrington Seta is outstanding and should be playing more minutes, Brandon Wood also deserves a mention played very well again  

me too, great player and a keeper by looks a things, you played some flowing rugby at times that sure caught our lads out a time or two, not the best a games and what we lacked am not sure but it were like they had been told off before kickoff. and that rolling about injured/having a breather as stopped too in last 10 minutes.all the best for rest a season.:popcorn:

15 minutes ago, greydog said:

Probably the best Rochdale Team I have seen for quite a while 

When we played them you could see they had some tough numbers in the pack...didn't like getting out muscled...they were up for it.

very poor from hornets, i thought we showed how new the team is as we look like we have never played together.

Passes that didn't go to hand, i have never seen so many poor passes that just bounced of the floor. lacked real composure  or  a game plan in attack and squandered two chances early in the first half. Carl Forster throwing the ball away was not  what a coach who is on the pitch should be doing. Our running game for the most part was poor they made more yards than us going up hill than we did going down. Stuart Howarth was all over the place passing to quickly after receiving the ball so not one batley player was drawn in, did he not want to get tackled?, his kicking was poor some of those kicks where so easy for the batley players to deal with he should have just passed them the ball.

Callum Wood  was great, dealt with everything the threw at him and made some good runs, Jordan case was excellent made good yards and  tackles. 

We need improvements next week as we see another critical game approaching. 

Archived