Independent Group

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Dunkirk spirit, heavily imbibed in brexit circles 

Y'know I have never heard any Brexiteer speak about Dunkirk or the war or the empire or indeed any of the things desperate remainers accuse leavers of talking about!  

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Y'know I have never heard any Brexiteer speak about Dunkirk or the war or the empire or indeed any of the things desperate remainers accuse leavers of talking about!  

Ah you blocked out Mark Francois much like the rest of us.  Maybe there is hope for you.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

27 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Ah you blocked out Mark Francois much like the rest of us.  Maybe there is hope for you.  

I don't remember ever hearing or seeing anything from him.  I didn't even know who he was until a few months ago!

4 hours ago, shrek said:

Nice to see the Londoncentric, metropolitan elites want to remain in the UK - thats money well spent!

London should leave the UK, claim everything inside the M25 and erect a border fence.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I've been reading a mammoth biography of Churchill and it is interesting how the dream of a new party in the centre has come up a number of times in it. 

Very much suggests to me that it is a pipe dream that will never happen. 

It's only likely if there is a large break up of either the Conservative, or Labour parties, or both, given the first past the post electoral system. 

Just now, longboard said:

It's only likely if there is a large break up of either the Conservative, or Labour parties, or both, given the first past the post electoral system. 

I suspect if IG had any strategy at all it was to wait for the fallout of Brexit and hope they'd benefit.

However, their low profile has meant people abandoning the major parties have just gone to Lib Dems and the Greens. 

So, here is Chuka Umunna blaming Farage for 'leading Britain into chaos':

https://chuka.org.uk/article/farage-hype-is-designed-to-make-us-forget-he-led-britain-into-chaos/

And here is Chuka Umunna voting in 2015 in favour of holding an EU referendum:

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/divisions/pw-2015-06-09-6-commons/mp/24950

So, what are we to conclude from that? That Mr Umunna is more than happy to hold referendums, but only if he ends up on the winning side. If the referendum doesn't go as he wanted and becomes "chaos" (his words, not mine), then it's not his fault, guvnor.

It's the fault of someone who caused the chaos from "outside of the House of Commons". That nasty Mr Farage must have hypnotised him and directed him to vote for what a lot of Remainers are now telling me is a flawed referendum.

A stupid question asked by foolish people, I think were Steve May's words. Not Chuka's fault at all though, obviously.

8 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I suspect if IG had any strategy at all it was to wait for the fallout of Brexit and hope they'd benefit.

However, their low profile has meant people abandoning the major parties have just gone to Lib Dems and the Greens. 

I was thinking about it in broader terms and not just concerning recent events.

• 2 weeks later...

Change UK changing their name again after a threat of legal action from change.org.  They were allowed to use the name for the euro elections as it was too late to change it to something else.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

51 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The dust bin of history calls.

To paraphrase the great Humphrey Littleton 

as the vacuum cleaner bag of political inevitability is dumped in the dustbin of history 

Archived