NRL players seeking SL deal

Seems Melbourne (allegedly) are seeking to offload Kasiano, Kaufusi and Chase Blair due to cap restrictions. 

Also Maloneys agent is touting for 2020 but its understood the Panthers would release him a year early if he could agree terms.

Kasiano would put a few bums on seats as well as gaining burger sponsorships aplenty.

I would be amazed if they are looking to offload Kaufusi, he is one of the best forwards in the game and a key player for them on the right edge. Their cap worries must be significant if they are prepared to let him go.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I would be amazed if they are looking to offload Kaufusi, he is one of the best forwards in the game and a key player for them on the right edge. Their cap worries must be significant if they are prepared to let him go.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/melbourne-stars-headed-for-super-league-19266/

It seems to me that an individual being touted is usually agent speculation but with all 3, I feel there's more to it.

Arent there 2 Kaufusi's or am I confused thinking that?  This is Patrick.

11 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/melbourne-stars-headed-for-super-league-19266/

It seems to me that an individual being touted is usually agent speculation but with all 3, I feel there's more to it.

Arent there 2 Kaufusi's or am I confused thinking that?  This is Patrick.

Makes sense. No way they would offload Felise Kaufusi.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Maybe Leeds would be interested in a swap deal as its clear he didn't really want to come to SL.

I think most NRL squads would be finalised so maybe Q Cup might be his best option.

7 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

I think most NRL squads would be finalised so maybe Q Cup might be his best option.

I can see Kasiano being snapped up. 

Also, IMO, Maloney at the Panthers would be just as possible and I can think of 2 or 3 SL clubs who would be in for him.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Kasiano would put a few bums on seats as well as gaining burger sponsorships aplenty.

He’s get his bum on a few seats . Been a luxury lumbering around for about 10 minutes for ages . Even at Melbourne and his better conditioning his impact is limited usually with half time in between . For the outlay you’d need much more . Kaufusi is a origin and test player no way can see that 

Its Patrick Kaufusi thats rumoured to be getting released, Felise's the origin player, Patricks his brother .

Patrick was named best second rower in the Queensland cup (reserve grade) last season. He played a fair bit of first grade whilst at North Queensland.

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

He’s get his bum on a few seats . Been a luxury lumbering around for about 10 minutes for ages . Even at Melbourne and his better conditioning his impact is limited usually with half time in between . For the outlay you’d need much more . Kaufusi is a origin and test player no way can see that 

Tend to agree with this.  For me, Kasiano didn’t perform like he could, spelling Graham, Tolman and  Klemmer in 2016 or 2017.  

After having a better look, P Kaufusi barely played last year.

3 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

Its Patrick Kaufusi thats rumoured to be getting released, Felise's the origin player, Patricks his brother .

Patrick was named best second rower in the Queensland cup (reserve grade) last season. He played a fair bit of first grade whilst at North Queensland.

Yeh , apologies on that one .  Patrick 

What's the story with Maloney? He was heralded as the signing of the year when he moved to Penrith and then started for NSW in an Origin series win and rated the best half back in the Australian game (people on here telling me he was miles ahead of Widdop).

Now he is free to leave if a release can be negotiated. 

50 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

What's the story with Maloney? He was heralded as the signing of the year when he moved to Penrith and then started for NSW in an Origin series win and rated the best half back in the Australian game (people on here telling me he was miles ahead of Widdop).

Now he is free to leave if a release can be negotiated. 

Strange one as he is a very good player.  I can only think of the ‘cap’ again combined with a view to the future and Cleary running the show

Archived