Widnes problems

dkw

2 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

If this is right i'd expect players to start finding new clubs and be replaced by loans from SL as the season goes on......Still could be a lot worse.

Only a handful of players in the squad as of Monday who aren't ex-Widnes academy. I'd expect quite a few SL loans over the season just to ensure there's 17 available on match day.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, JonM said:

There were a few comments to this effect when he signed last year, but never anything official. The fact that he is still at Widnes, unlike Inu, Albert, Tangata, Hood etc. suggests there may be some truth in it.

Is this on the Cap?  Or is there no cap?

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Is this on the Cap?  Or is there no cap?

Salary Cap rules are pretty clear that any such deals have to be registered with the RFL and count as part of the cap.

3 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

Well, when Betts or Wane are announced as DOR at Newcastle you can maybe take my word that players took 40% reductions at Widnes. It doesnt really matter either way however, I just wanted to make people aware that those who stayed were actually doing so at a loss to help keep the club alive. 

Great you can tell me “told you so” and earn internet points ????????

21 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

Don't doubt me. You will be telling me the Newcastle job isn't a toss up between Shaun Wane and Dennis Betts next. 

I'm still waiting for the Broncos game at Loftus Road you promised us.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

4 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

The season is 3 home games in you absolute weapon ??

I actually said the club have explored the option of taking some of the bigger games to QPR as part of a partnership if they need to. Looks like Ealing can cope perfectly well with the increase in numbers and QPR along with talksport are working on other things. 

Hmmm, I'll ignore the insults...but that's not really true. You were pretty adamant the game was going to take place.

Like most people who claim to be in the know there's always an excuse when their fantasies fail to come about.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

2 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

Nope, I tried to be helpful letting people know Widnes players took a 40% cut. You questioned my integrity so I hung you out something else to try and show you I can be trusted. Not sure that is being obsessed, I just don't like people suggesting I am making stuff up. 

Who was the article written by in League Weekly?  Please don't say Nosey Parker :) :) :)

1 minute ago, Monkey Lover said:

No idea, I have not read it. I have just seen it on here. Seems League Weekly saying Wane and Parker saying Betts.

I can put the 2 coaches in the frame out there but then I would be helping them even more, let them earn their corn. 

So you're quoting an article you haven't even read :O

Look - I'm really not bothered each way, I just find it weird that you're after some sort of acknowledgement on your "scoop" My initial comment, was just that I don't believe everything I read on the internet - that still stands.  I've yet to see anything that would change that stance

Archived