Widnes

Robin Evans

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Personally I think that when Widnes couldn’t fulfill their fixture against Sheffield they should have been thrown out of the league. They then could apply to join League 1, under new management/ownership next season. 

Totally agree.  Whatever the future holds for Widnes if they complete their fixtures this season at the very least there will be some degree of unfairness with results being skewed depending on when different teams happen to play them.

Although that's never been an issue in this division what with the Bradford situation a couple of years back (and the Summer Bash debacle where we get to play an additional fixture against a team who finished above us in the league in the previous year).

21 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Totally agree.  Whatever the future holds for Widnes if they complete their fixtures this season at the very least there will be some degree of unfairness with results being skewed depending on when different teams happen to play them.

Although that's never been an issue in this division what with the Bradford situation a couple of years back (and the Summer Bash debacle where we get to play an additional fixture against a team who finished above us in the league in the previous year).

Except in 2017 and arguably 2018 and definitely not in 2019..........

Widnes rescue announced last night ,the fund set up has reached £100G which will enable them to play fixtures.Nothing mentioned about Sundays game so far but i think Widnes have let 5 players move on.If we do play Sunday i fear their fans will really unite behind them so we will need to be at our best to win.

11 hours ago, RobLambert said:

2017 London / 2018 Fax.  Did they not finish higher than us in the previous seasons ???

London finished above us in 2016.Fax finished below us in 2017,and York finished below us in 2018.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

58 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Widnes rescue announced last night ,the fund set up has reached £100G which will enable them to play fixtures.Nothing mentioned about Sundays game so far but i think Wines have let 5 players move on.If we do play Sunday i fear their fans will really unite behind them so we will need to be at our best to win.

two young lads not in first team squad gone to Leeds Academy first  team  Inu Tangata and Albert just released not signed for anyone and the talk is  Gelling going to London before Sunday 

1 hour ago, POR said:

two young lads not in first team squad gone to Leeds Academy first  team  Inu Tangata and Albert just released not signed for anyone and the talk is  Gelling going to London before Sunday 

It'd almost be worth us signing Tangata just for the torrent of bullsh*t we'd get from Blues Ox on here.

14 hours ago, RobLambert said:

2017 London / 2018 Fax.  Did they not finish higher than us in the previous seasons ???

I'll give you London but not 'fax. So in 5 games (including this year's) we'll have played 3 teams who finished above us. Considering that half the teams have to play someone who finished above them that's pretty much bang on for fairness.

14 minutes ago, Adam B said:

It'd almost be worth us signing Tangata just for the torrent of bullsh*t we'd get from Blues Ox on here.

I don't get you?

Im always honest in my player assesments, sometimes wrong, sometimes right. Tangata is a fantastic player when fully fit the big part been when he is fully fit which has not been for 3 seasons now as he is likely to miss most of this one.  He's a good signing, I would go as far to say in the top 10 forwards in this league, for any team in this league if they can keep him on the field.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'll give you London but not 'fax. So in 5 games (including this year's) we'll have played 3 teams who finished above us. Considering that half the teams have to play someone who finished above them that's pretty much bang on for fairness.

I can only assume you've added on our points from the middle 8's ? (I thought we only did that when we were trying to convince Blues-Ox that we were better than them) 

Generally though if you look up final 2017 standings it will show you the position out of 23 games.

Also I wasn't including games we've not played yet so 4/4 in my book.  Anyway I think we're probably both bored with this now.    

A message to any Fev fans going to the game tomorrow who haven't already bought a ticket.

With the Consortium only just taking over the running of the Club, they don't have a Bank Account yet, to enable them to take card payments.

So it's CASH ONLY tomorrow if you want to buy a ticket on the day.

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

At the end of the day Widnes have done what is in their best interests. They have not done anything outside the rules and they are where they are.

They may still have got the nucleus of their full time squad but the players must have agreed any new terms in remaining at Widnes, so it is entirely a matter for them. If they have overspent again on the squad then in time they will be back to square 1 and in the ploppy stuff again.

I can't see them being relegated if they do keep the type of players that are down to play us this weekend. They will win 4 more games than Rochdale and Swinton for sure, as well as a few others in the division. 

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

It’s great that despite their troubles that Widnes are able to retain the majority of their expensively assemble team.

12 out of the 17 in the last game came through the widnes academy. 

Apart from Gelling its hardly expensive.  

4 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

It’s great that despite their troubles that Widnes are able to retain the majority of their expensively assemble team.

No doubt all still there on a full time basis to boot. Indeed why wouldn't they be, it's so much easier to give club stalwarts like Doris the tea lady the elbow than to face the reality of what life in the Championship means for squad funding levels.

"Total RL understands that the new consortium have been locked in talks with local creditors, aimed at giving them a good old fashioned shafting, while maintaining Harrison Hansen's local spa membership."

Rugby League at the heart of the community.

3 hours ago, Adam B said:

No doubt all still there on a full time basis to boot. Indeed why wouldn't they be, it's so much easier to give club stalwarts like Doris the tea lady the elbow than to face the reality of what life in the Championship means for squad funding levels.

"Total RL understands that the new consortium have been locked in talks with local creditors, aimed at giving them a good old fashioned shafting, while maintaining Harrison Hansen's local spa membership."

Rugby League at the heart of the community.

To think a few days ago the whole RL community were 'rallying around' and raised £100k just to keep the club afloat yet they will probably stuff us tomorrow with a team of FT SL players.

Given how Bradford and Leigh have been brought back from the dead in the last couple of years it makes you wonder how we fall for it.  Who's turn will it be next year ?

Archived