Widnes

Robin Evans

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

MM,

And we haven’t been spending beyond our means? If we haven’t how do you account for our substantial debt?

Throwing stones in greenhouses comes to mind.

I am £60k in debt...….. it's called my mortgage. It is a debt. I service that debt and manage to make my payments so it isn't a problem. Not all debt is bad.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

MM,

And we haven’t been spending beyond our means? If we haven’t how do you account for our substantial debt?

Throwing stones in greenhouses comes to mind.

i must be missing  something please remind unlike widnes leigh and kieghley when have we not payed players wages and who are these creditors bagging on our door demanding payment 

1 hour ago, POR said:

i must be missing  something please remind unlike widnes leigh and kieghley when have we not payed players wages and who are these creditors bagging on our door demanding payment 

Anyone no if the game is on or off, I have already bought my tickets?

7 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

Does anyone think this weekend's match is going ahead?

Aaron Bower: " Sounds like talks progressing with Widnes and interested consortium but time very much of the essence, according to administrators. Still major doubts over whether Sunday's game with Featherstone goes ahead but would expect definitive clarity on that in the next 24 hours."

Comments on the Widnes forum that stadium staff have been asked to work on Sunday but it's questionable whether that means much at this stage.

14 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I can see what will happen. We’ll face a full strength Widnes team motivated by what’s happened, and get an hammering. Hope they are saved, but perhaps it’s better for us if the match doesn’t go ahead.

The emotional side of it is something that is definitely going to be a factor, but at the start of the season this fixture was probably one of our most likely defeats anyway, and they have one or two out injured whilst we are in good spirits...moroover we wouldn't want to be sandwiching this game in on some Wednesday evening later in the season when injuries and fatigue are starting to bite.

Either way, the most important thing is that Widnes don't go to the wall, obviously.

6 hours ago, POR said:

We are only in a different place because at least one of our creditors is not taking any repayments on their loan(s). Should circumstances change it could be a whole new ball game.

Haven't we already reached an agreement.? The people we are dealing with have taken over most of the land and guaranteed payment to us and our creditors. The settlement is taking it usual course where land is involved. Of course if there is a major upset then things could be different. But didn't we vote for this course after looking at the overall position, taking this as the best route to solve the difficulties. The major difference of course between us and other clubs is that we have assets. We also have a few acres left that aren't in the control of the developers. Names elude me but we have certainly been through all this before. I reckon if you want full details you can look back and see the details of the agreement.

30 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Haven't we already reached an agreement.? The people we are dealing with have taken over most of the land and guaranteed payment to us and our creditors. The settlement is taking it usual course where land is involved. Of course if there is a major upset then things could be different. But didn't we vote for this course after looking at the overall position, taking this as the best route to solve the difficulties. The major difference of course between us and other clubs is that we have assets. We also have a few acres left that aren't in the control of the developers. Names elude me but we have certainly been through all this before. I reckon if you want full details you can look back and see the details of the agreement.

No. I'm not really sure where you've got the idea that anything has been sorted with the land. Some of it is being used as a guarantee against loans butbthe 'big' plan is far from being anything more than a dream.

Why is this on the Widnes post and not on the Club Statement post.

Also POR sorry did not know they had picked the officials for their match with Sheffield.

Gareth Walker
Just spoken to Peter O'Hara, the administrator at Widnes, who confirmed the following. Says the deal with consortium is "nearly there", and if it completes tonight or tomorrow then Featherstone game will go ahead. If it hasn't by tomorrow lunchtime, it won't. O'Hara said all coaching and backroom staff were today given their redundancy notices because there has been no new income this week and they haven't been paid. Will be up to whoever the new club is moving forward over who is re-employed

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Gareth Walker
Just spoken to Peter O'Hara, the administrator at Widnes, who confirmed the following. Says the deal with consortium is "nearly there", and if it completes tonight or tomorrow then Featherstone game will go ahead. If it hasn't by tomorrow lunchtime, it won't. O'Hara said all coaching and backroom staff were today given their redundancy notices because there has been no new income this week and they haven't been paid. Will be up to whoever the new club is moving forward over who is re-employed

IIRC the Bradford deal was 'nearly there' on several occasions so I'd not hold my breath.

Archived