North Wales predictions

Cl1998

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, wonky said:

Senior looked lightweight and didn’t exactly run the ball out with any conviction. Not sure what Walsh has done to warrant being a level above Scott tbh

Consistently turning up to training probably warrants him being picked first...

Thought we showed glimpses of what we could be but also showed how we struggled with momentem around us, for me Caine barnes,roche,curwen and Singleton all put there hands up

Troy was there today with Clayton, let’s see what develops. Karl I didn’t see but fui was in the dugouts.

young senior didn’t look interested, no turn of pace, too complex to go into tackles and personally too tall for a winger, didn’t look like he could open up a defence, but it was first game and confidence is vital

we got the win and Doncaster haven and THUNDER Lost so a big win 

The performance wasn't consistent yesterday which allowed NWC back into it but we have to remember it was only the second game of the season so it is nowt to panic about.  NWC are a handy team too so putting 48 on them is a very good effort. No doubt Leon will work on it for next week.

Penky, a couple of stray passes apart was superb as usual. As was Buffer who's kicking was immaculate, Danny who's long passing was so accurate and he can't have missed a tackle all game. There was plenty of good performances, and just a word for everyone who helped getting DP looking very tidy, looks like it must have been a paintathon. Awesome effort ???

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

10 hours ago, bigapple said:

Tom Curwen superb when came on, hard and straight ,poor team performance on whole, need to play the ball faster ,penky put hell of a shift in today but we need to look after him spell him off! Best hooker int league by country mile!

Haven 13yr old thinks that's hilarious mate for reasons only he knows. You are wrong though...Penky is the best hooker by a million miles, so good for us that I fear going into games without him. We need someone in to spell him off, we need to look after him. 

Its the quality of our play thats impressing me we just need to cut out the daftness, some really well worked tries and a great team performance. One special note is how well is Carl Forber playing he's getting better with age! 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

We desperately need a back-up for Penky, we can't expect him to do 80 minute shifts every week and still produce the goods especially at his age. Now and again is fine but we need him fresh for the big games where he is undoubtedly a match winner as we have seen time and again. There were a few stray passes from him, such as the one where they were through 2 on 1 and his final pass was dreadful, but I think that was purely down to fatigue.

Overall, a win is a win and we can't complain much about racking up 48 points against a competitive team, but there is a lot still to improve on and I'm sure Leon will be working on it at training. Doncaster away will be a big test and we need to be switched on for the full 80, can't afford to have these drop offs in intensity and letting teams back in it against the likes of Donny. We got away with it at Oldham last week but its only a matter of time before a good team punishes us for it if we keep doing it.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

56 minutes ago, Derwent said:

We desperately need a back-up for Penky, we can't expect him to do 80 minute shifts every week and still produce the goods especially at his age

Yes  he needs a spells off during games. I'd rest him for the siddal game. 

Such an easy start can understand why they switched off. Thought with our pack we maybe should have taken it up the middle a bit more before going wide so much?

Agree with most - can’t see any reason why Rooke isn’t playing, wouldn’t be surprised if Penky topped the tackle count and Forber has discovered or certainly been doing some work on his kicking game much improved playing really well and jury out on Hopkins for now. Thought Singleton deserved his Mom though Penky close. Curwen looking really fit and strong. 

There is only Leon and Penky himself who knows what is best regarding his game time  I can't believe some of the criticism on yesterday's game. We were by far the better more powerful team and could have easily scored 50 + points against a decent championship 1 team. The team and gates are on the up can't wait for the next game - UTT.

3 hours ago, anok4u said:

Its the quality of our play thats impressing me we just need to cut out the daftness, some really well worked tries and a great team performance. One special note is how well is Carl Forber playing he's getting better with age! 

Carl was outstanding, really good kicking game and took more control of the game than the last few years.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Carl was outstanding, really good kicking game and took more control of the game than the last few years.

Absolutely but bear in mind he is now playing behind some very dominant middle units, not been mentioned on this thread,  but Olly Wilkes was excellent yesterday, really showed the way with some excellent drives that set up a couple of tries.

A lot of his work goes unnoticed but we are not the same team when he is spelled 

8 hours ago, DocH said:

Such an easy start can understand why they switched off. Thought with our pack we maybe should have taken it up the middle a bit more before going wide so much?

Agree with most - can’t see any reason why Rooke isn’t playing, wouldn’t be surprised if Penky topped the tackle count and Forber has discovered or certainly been doing some work on his kicking game much improved playing really well and jury out on Hopkins for now. Thought Singleton deserved his Mom though Penky close. Curwen looking really fit and strong. 

Jury out on somebody who's played 1 game.

I'm bemused at the fact that people are picking the negatives out of a nigh on 50 point win over a decent side. ?

15 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

Jury out on somebody who's played 1 game.

I'm bemused at the fact that people are picking the negatives out of a nigh on 50 point win over a decent side. ?

Exactly as I said too early to form an opinion so neither a negative nor a positive. I think it might be you that is always looking for negatives in what are justifiable and perfectly valid opinions which as a supporter and spectator I'm fully entitled to hold.

9 minutes ago, DocH said:

Exactly as I said too early to form an opinion so neither a negative nor a positive. I think it might be you that is always looking for negatives in what are justifiable and perfectly valid opinions which as a supporter and spectator I'm fully entitled to hold.

Well said

Archived