23-24 Feb: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Loving the League 1 Table after 2 rounds.

image.png.c4bed34036eef296bd0afbb68eb695c1.png

I'm due to meet up with some former colleagues from my days in the Midlands for Bears v Town on 17th March. They've been to this fixture before but aren't otherwise RL fans.

From a purely selfish - helping me keep in contact with friends point of view - it'd be great if this was the end of season position with Town up and Bears following us into the Championship.

So Go Town and Go Bears (except on the 17th March and 16th June. Feel free to have an off day for those two fixtures).

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Twitter...7 former and current Broncos in today's Coventry winning team: Sam, James, Rob, Kam PP, Ollie, Ben Gray & Jacob Jones...

Kudos to the Broncos academy production line - really pleasing to see southern players who are staying in the game even if they don’t quite make it with the Broncos. 

On 2/23/2019 at 9:06 PM, Londonfan said:

I’m in the passenger seat ?

Hi London fan. Happy to invite you to training if you like. come and see how hard the boys are trying. They would appreciate it and it may brig you closer to the team and coaches. Tue or Thur mate. tx

8 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

A mate was at the game and said he counted 123 people in the stand so it seems the real attendance is a lot less than 360. A real shame, the people of Coventry should be getting behind their team!

Wow I bet he’s a right bundle of laughs.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Wow I bet he’s a right bundle of laughs.

Think he might be a figment of someone's imagination...... 

I love that he aparently walked the length of the whole main stand and accurately counted 123 people. Instead of using the turnstiles the Bears will need to consider using him from now on to work out their attendances. 

Disappointed to lose the game yesterday, but, we'll pick ourselves up and go again.

Stand off Jordan Howden picked up a rather nasty looking injury, when he collided with the knee of a Hunslet player in the tackle.

Posted as a link, as theres a fair bit of blood in them.

https://imgur.com/a/pJD3geM

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

55 minutes ago, robt said:

Disappointed to lose the game yesterday, but, we'll pick ourselves up and go again.

Stand off Jordan Howden picked up a rather nasty looking injury, when he collided with the knee of a Hunslet player in the tackle.

Posted as a link, as theres a fair bit of blood in them.

https://imgur.com/a/pJD3geM

err....Ouch!!!!

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

16 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

Coventry beat Newcastle in what must be one of the biggest shocks in recent rugby league history!

Newcastle don’t seem like they want to defend at all, hopeless v Doncaster and even worse today. 

SO you weren't at the game but feel able to comment on Newcastle's defence and the Bears attendance - unreal

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

14 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Those West Wales Raiders followers.Fill opposition grounds.?

Source - Penultimate para - https://thunderrugby.co.uk/community/community-driven-newcastle-thunder-aiming-for-big-things-on-and-off-the-field-in-2019/

So is the definition of a fantastic Dual Reg agreement one where it is not used at all as has been the case for rounds 1 and 2?

6 hours ago, NERugbyDad said:

So is the definition of a fantastic Dual Reg agreement one where it is not used at all as has been the case for rounds 1 and 2?

I didn't pass comment - just posted the link as it was erroneously stated,earlier in the thread,that Thunder did not have a dual reg.

I don't have any thoughts on that,where the dual reg is with one club,or the situation with Coventry,where they now dual reg with 2 clubs,Broncos and York.

I'm more interested in West Wales Raiders moulding their new players,added to the squad,into a winning side.

I am guided by my friends at York City Knights who went to the time and trouble to remind me,what I already knew,that it is all in the rules/guidelines with regard to dual reg.

Let the season get interesting and more exciting...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I didn't pass comment - just posted the link as it was erroneously stated,earlier in the thread,that Thunder did not have a dual reg.

I don't have any thoughts on that,where the dual reg is with one club,or the situation with Coventry,where they now dual reg with 2 clubs,Broncos and York.

I'm more interested in West Wales Raiders moulding their new players,added to the squad,into a winning side.

I am guided by my friends at York City Knights who went to the time and trouble to remind me,what I already knew,that it is all in the rules/guidelines with regard to dual reg.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, I was commenting on what the Thunder's definition of a 'fantastic dual reg' agreement was not yours. Jordan Robinson was quoted in the article you linked saying "We’ve got a fantastic dual-registration agreement with Wakefield and we’re going to utilise it" yet so far that utilisation has been to have Zero dual reg players in the first 2 rounds.

15 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Think he might be a figment of someone's imagination...... 

I love that he aparently walked the length of the whole main stand and accurately counted 123 people. Instead of using the turnstiles the Bears will need to consider using him from now on to work out their attendances. 

I can imagine it now.... 

Oh ######, someones moved, I'll have to start again... 

Ah dammit. Stand still for gods sake.... 

12 minutes ago, dkw said:

I can imagine it now.... 

Oh ######, someones moved, I'll have to start again... 

Ah dammit. Stand still for gods sake.... 

Then when he did get to 10 he lost count again as he had to take his shoes and socks off. 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

Then when he did get to 10 he lost count again as he had to take his shoes and socks off. 

Maybe he just went “1,2,3...” and gave up. 

5 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

York have no duel reg 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

9 hours ago, DEANO said:

York have no duel reg 

Yes they do. DR with Coventry 

( as an aside last week York had 3 ex Coventry players on duty. Joe Batchelor, Jason Bass and..........John Flatman?)

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived