Sun 24 Feb: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 3pm

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/19 at 15:00

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Apparently plenty of Wigan fans had already left according to Kirk Dixon hahahaha, maybe they'd had a look in the crystal ball

I can’t help but get the feeling that a Wane team would have edged this with an ugly win after the WCC loss.   I wonder what style Edwards will bring to this team next year?

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I stopped tuning in to Radio Humberside when I realised Impartiality and Honesty weren’t part of the required skill-set for their commentators...! ?

I don't listen to RH that often but Kirk Dixon is a very good summariser, the latest lead commentator isn't too bad compared to some of the garbage in the past. 

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I was always a fan of this golden point in the league malarkey... ?

You big fibber, it's great when you get the win but losing a point when you've snatched the draw in the last seconds is an absolute killer and I'm still not a fan of it tbh but the rules are the rules.

3 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I was always a fan of this golden point in the league malarkey... ?

Elstone couldn't have dreamed of a better way to get RL fans onside with it.

And yet he will probably proclaim himself perplexed that Wigan didn't get a point.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I don't listen to RH that often but Kirk Dixon is a very good summariser, the latest lead commentator isn't too bad compared to some of the garbage in the past. 

Yes it’s not the ex-players summarising - they’re always pretty good... it’s just the main commentators from the past few years who couldn’t just talk the game as they see it.   It had to be every decision against a Hull team that was wrong! ?

24 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

listening in the radio - the language form those inbreds in Humberside is disgusting

I take great offence to that. It's inbreds on Humberside.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Can’t wait for Elstone (via Lenegan, of course) to decry Golden Point “baffling” now Wigan have been on the receiving end of it. 

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

And yet he will probably proclaim himself perplexed that Wigan didn't get a point.

Now now, play nice.   The thread’s not derailed so far ?

26 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Wigan in again with Gildart.   May steal this one against the run of play - Wane’s ghost haunts the tunnels of the JJB still.

And then again, maybe not.

It just felt like another one of those days as a Hull fan.

But my word, it feels good now.

We're now on a run of one out of one...or 100% in our last game.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

And then again, maybe not.

It just felt like another one of those days as a Hull fan.

But my word, it feels good now.

We're now on a run of one out of one...or 100% in our last game.

My first game of the season is Leeds at home so hoping that it'll be three from three by the end of the night, it'll make a massive difference for the players going into the Hudds game with a W rather than having a win/draw snatched at the death.

The Wigan fans were in good voice after Gildart scored just short of full time.. 

"You're not singing anymore!"

Didn't last very long though.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:18 PM, Old Frightful said:

Those of you predicting a Hull FC win...are you on some sort of illegal substance? :huh:

I'm still unsure as to whether or not to make the trip over.

Wigan by a fair few. ?

Mods, just noticed some scamp has hacked my account!

Despite it being a poor game with two poor teams it was a very deserved win for Hull. Wigan were poor again, I don’t know what Lam has done to the Wigan defence, they are all over the place. Hull just seemed up for it more, more determined and got their reward. Could be a long season for us if we carry on like that. 

45 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Sneyd!!!! There’s always a reason to have him in your team!

First win for Hull in 9 months?   And first home loss for Wigan in 9 months ish? Or longer?

I don't care what anybody says about Sneyd, he's a match winner. That left peg of his is worth its weight in gold.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Hull Fcexcellent 1st half and early 2nd.  Wigan come back justified and they pulled level. The rest is history and we can say ‘were there’.

Nataulu? What a debut.  Weatherman, Matongo, Ellis, Houghton and of course Carlos big efforts.  

What fans we have. Brilliant.

6 minutes ago, Ullman said:

I don't care what anybody says about Sneyd, he's a match winner. That left peg of his is worth its weight in golden points...

Edited, etc.

46 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Assuming Hull were half decent, why not talk positive about them, instead of talking .

Wigan have been making unforced errors for some years. It's just other teams themselves have been making too many.  Wigan fans a wanting more attacking play, but going back as far as Graham Lowe, the important quality to win a game and championship is defence. Wayne  Bennett  has been trumpeting thus to the England players. As I said some time ago, Wigan fans should be careful what they wish for. 

And of course, neither Farrell nor Bateman.

Archived