Sat 23 Feb: SL: London Broncos v Castleford Tigers KO 5.15pm (TV)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/02/19 at 17:15

If the game still had licencing we might have stood a chance of staying up, as there's the skeleton of a SL side there but not enough time to flesh it out. I suspect that this would be a problem for any promoted side without big money behind it to effectively buy a new team. Unless we can find someone to help David Hughes (whose pockets aren't bottomless!) on the financial side, it's back to the Championship for us.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

If the game still had licencing we might have stood a chance of staying up, as there's the skeleton of a SL side there but not enough time to flesh it out. I suspect that this would be a problem for any promoted side without big money behind it to effectively buy a new team. Unless we can find someone to help David Hughes (whose pockets aren't bottomless!) on the financial side, it's back to the Championship for us.

We all knew that the second the final hooter went in Toronto. Nothing's changed. We can give our all but unless something entirely off-the-radar happens we're going to straight back down.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Fozzard looked good. Mason and Richards look a waste of time. Not sure if Yates was injured?

There are simple wins in moving Cunningham to hooker and Fozzard to the bench. Hindmarsh to second row and Smith in the halves.

I do wonder if some were rested and will be for the big boys.

At least the penalties and handling errors were minimal, but just a lack of size and grunt up front. 

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

We all knew that the second the final hooter went in Toronto. Nothing's changed. We can give our all but unless something entirely off-the-radar happens we're going to straight back down.

Still not the worst outcome. We will blood some youth, improve the squad, attract a few fans and be good to go in a divison without Toronto. 

I'd like to think we could yoyo like Burnley but use it to improve and establish. 

For the doubters, you had 2 of Wigan's 19 in the WCC and 4 or 5 at Cas with London backgrounds.

Btw, what happened to Bienek? He seems to have totally failed. 

I thought London looked great with the ball but all at sea without it. They will win more games this season of that I'm sure

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

17 hours ago, snapski said:

Are you saying he was hard done to in the past . Or that the hit was borderline legal? Because there was nothing wrong with it.

I do think Watts has been on the end of some poor calls in the past. My reaction to the hit was the same as yours but the fact the kid received a head injury and failed the HIA suggests that it might be worth a second look.

Any road, can we have him back please?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

43 minutes ago, Ullman said:

I do think Watts has been on the end of some poor calls in the past. My reaction to the hit was the same as yours but the fact the kid received a head injury and failed the HIA suggests that it might be worth a second look.

Any road, can we have him back please?

No you can’t. He’s an absolute machine. ?

Archived