Fri 22 Feb: SL: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/02/19 at 19:45

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hemmings with puke inducing commentary on Roby.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

I would love to be sat with the referees review meeting, watching Hicks squirm at the end there. How can you make the correct decision, then change your mind?

Strange that he’s stood there and changed his mind for the touchie 40 yards away who couldn’t see what had happened 

Did the Roby drop goal actually hit the floor before he kicked it? :huh:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 minutes ago, M j M said:

Robert Hicks had a poor and influential game.

Unfortunately this can be copy/pasted time after time after time.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Both teams deserved to win ...I feel Leeds should've nicked at at the end lord knows they was given enough opportunities.... Leeds lack of a strong defence lost it for them. An average defence will win it for them against an average team but not the likes of Saints Wigan.. Warrington Cas etc etc. Leeds need to tighten their defence up if they want a top 4 finish.

1 minute ago, Bamboo Kid said:

Both teams deserved to win ...I feel Leeds should've nicked at at the end lord knows they was given enough opportunities.... Leeds lack of a strong defence lost it for them. An average defence will win it for them against an average team but not the likes of Saints Wigan.. Warrington Cas etc etc. Leeds need to tighten their defence up if they want a top 4 finish.

I agree, whilst Saints were on the end of some favourable calls, ultimately Leeds defence cost them the game.

On the whole though, Leeds are improving every week.

3 minutes ago, Davc1h said:

I agree, whilst Saints were on the end of some favourable calls, ultimately Leeds defence cost them the game.

On the whole though, Leeds are improving every week.

I think Hicks had his Saints top on under his Refs top. Yep Leeds don't look as bad as they did at the beginning ... Coaching staff need to put some hours in with Leeds defence think it's 1# priority it as to be Furners main focus over the next few weeks.

The last decision where Saints got the feed was incorrect, as there was a Saints knock on first. However, only a minute or so earlier, Leeds had received the feed at a scrum in a very similar position when Makinson was deemed to have knocked on, which he clearly didn't, as the ball travelled backwards between his legs.

Decisions are part of the game. Some go for you and some go against. The ones which go against you in the first 5 minutes are rarely remembered, while the ones in the last 5 minutes always seem vital. As Hurrell said, though, teams have it in their power to take the match beyond any erroneous decision: none of Saints' 3 tries in the second half will have pleased any Leeds fan from the defensive point of view. 

Cracking game, although I did swear and shout every time Saints forgot to put their hand on the ball when Leeds were carrying it. By the end, if I'd had any hair left, I'd have pulled it out.

Good game for a neutral to watch, poor defence close to the line ultimately let Leeds down in the end. The three new players still don't convince me that they are the answer to their problems, still to many average players in their squad for them to progress in my opinion, Saints start seemed to convince them it was going to be easy, Percival going on his own when the pass inside was a scoring option a example, once a team gets that in their head as we have seen many times before it's difficult to remove, passes are snatched at or loose carries happen, luckily with a big slice of luck they extricated themselves from a difficult situation. Hope many more game's provide such entertainment ?

Archived